test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Charge Reward Program Question!

djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
edited July 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Why can't these ever be clear? This one even has it's own FAQ, yet I'm left wondering...

Do I have to transfer 38 500 Zen to be entered for all? or is 20 000 assures me to be entered for all?

Looks like it would be 38 500 according to:

Q: Do I have to transfer 1,000, 2,500, 5,000, 10,000, 20,000 Zen all at once to qualify for rewards?

A: You do not have to transfer all the Zen at once. You can transfer Zen into Neverwinter multiple times and we will count the total amount transferred once the promotion ends on Monday, July 21 at 10 A.M. PDT (Pacific).

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    20,000 will get you everything, I believe. It's how the last ones worked.
  • nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'm somewhat annoyed that there are no new or alternative rewards.

As a long time player, I already have all of the Charge Rewards up to 20k. So if I transfer anything short of 20k, the Charge Rewards will give me nothing at all because I already have all the "packs/unlocks" with exception of the mount.
    edited July 2014
    nwnghost wrote: »
    I'm somewhat annoyed that there are no new or alternative rewards.

As a long time player, I already have all of the Charge Rewards up to 20k. So if I transfer anything short of 20k, the Charge Rewards will give me nothing at all because I already have all the "packs/unlocks" with exception of the mount.

Yeah, this is why I'm not going to bother - the ONLY things I don't have yet are the Mystagogue and the bear mount, plus one title (I think it was Critical Hit). There's no way that's worth buying 200 bucks worth of Zen to me. Especially not when I can get the Mystagogue just for participating in the Foundry contest.
  • domjotdomjot Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Wonder if this promotion will finally get them to add some skins to the Ioun Stone of Radiance.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The timing is impeccable. I was planning to transfer this amount this weekend and trade for AD. Now I can get the Armored Polar Bear and also sell that for even more AD. That's wickedly awesome!

I just want Devs to CONFIRM: I transfer to 20k Zen, The mount (and rest) is it GUARANTEED? I won't do it if it just throws me into some drawing. I raise this question on the statement of "You *could* win..." and I don't play games of chance, Evar. Okay, well, except for a very few lockboxes once in a while - but for those I have massively-lowered expectations and know what I'm getting into.

If the rewards are guaranteed I'll do it, even though I already have three of the companions from previous promotions and whatnot.
  • akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    lol i love how you say you were going to transfer the money anyways but then immeidately say if its a chance you wont do it.
    edited July 2014
    The timing is impeccable. I was planning to transfer this amount this weekend and trade for AD. Now I can get the Armored Polar Bear and also sell that for even more AD. That's wickedly awesome!

I thought the bear was BoP and an account unlock, but reading again it looks like it's one BoE per 20K zen you buy. Too expensive for me.
  • vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    is the mask a fashion item or armor item?
    edited July 2014
    vteasy wrote: »
    is the mask a fashion item or armor item?

I have it from an old promotion, it's a fashion item.
  • vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I have it from an old promotion, it's a fashion item.

thanks for the heads up
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Psst, devs. How about 30,000 to also get the Quickling?

Pretty please?
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
    edited July 2014
    akemnos wrote: »
    lol i love how you say you were going to transfer the money anyways but then immeidately say if its a chance you wont do it.

You are correct that my comment appears to be an oxymoron (and as it is written it IS!)... Allow me to clarify (as often what's in my head does't always translate to keyboard completely or properly)

I will be transferring Zen tomorrow morning (I'd been planning to since Monday). What I mean when I say I won't "do it" - I am referring to transferring my monthly budget of 10k Zen - twice (Spending two months budget all at once to go for that mount).

So what I intended to say is this:

Timing is great, was planning to buy 10k Zen anyway, but I'll double that if Mount reward is guaranteed, but if it "by chance" then I wont do that, I'll just stick to my usual 10k budget. I hope that makes better sense of my meaning. :)

But you can call me oxymoronic numbskull dimwit if you like as I suppose I've earned that. I'll embrace the title and flaunt it flamboyantly. (!) LOL
  • midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The mount will be Bind on Equip and can be obtained multiple times.

I'm sorry, but will this end up like Ioun Stone of Radiance?
  • bazgcbazgc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    I thought the bear was BoP and an account unlock, but reading again it looks like it's one BoE per 20K zen you buy. Too expensive for me.

That was my interpretation of it. Hoping for a Dev/Mod to confirm otherwise and that it's actually an account wide unlock, but i won't get my hopes up.
    My Foundry Quests:

The Silver Sword - NW-DEIPWYISA - Daily Qualified
    A Relaxing Stay - NW-DEEYNZYZ9 - Daily Qualified but going to be updated
  • mutantdemocracymutantdemocracy Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Sooo... to put it simply:

$10 spent - Few potions, "Natural 20" title, and Ivy Mask(from expired Ten Ton Hammer promo)
    $25 spent - More potions, "Critical Hit" title, and Archmage's Apprentice(from several expired promos)
    $50 spent - Random(rank 4) Enchantments + small XP boost, "Dread Ringer" title, and Mystagouge(from expired Gamespot promo)
    $100 spent - Random(rank 4) Enchantments + small XP boost, "Just Thayan" title, and Radiance Stone
    $200 spent - Lord's Armored Polar Bear

This seems like a totally bogus way for them to entice people to spend money on NW.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'm sorry, but will this end up like Ioun Stone of Radiance?

It means that you can get the item multiple times so if you transfer 20k zen into the game once you get one ,if you transfer 20k zen times 2 you get two etc etc , the mount is BoE but you only get one per 20k transfered that will become character bound as soon as you equip it , it isn't a account wide unlock like zen store mounts.

From the blog.
    For every 20,000 Zen transferred, not only will you receive all the rewards below, you will also receive the Armored Polar Bear mount. The mount will be Bind on Equip and can be obtained multiple times
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
    edited July 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    It means that you can get the item multiple times so if you transfer 20k zen into the game once you get one ,if you transfer 20k zen times 2 you get two etc etc , the mount is BoE but you only get one per 20k transfered that will become character bound as soon as you equip it , it isn't a account wide unlock like zen store mounts.

From the blog.

Excellent explanation. I'd have thought this a no-brainer, but I keep forgetting that people tend to read too much into whatever Cryptic says when they simply say what they mean and mean what they say.

My only question (Answered at Twitter) was if the Bear Mount was a "chance to win" or a Guaranteed win if requirements are met. The answer (direct from Devs/Cryptic at Twitter) is a resounding "Yes - guaranteed". So I'm in (And yeah, I already have most of those companions, too - but that's not my deciding factor on it - to each their own).
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    But you can call me oxymoronic numbskull dimwit if you like as I suppose I've earned that. I'll embrace the title and flaunt it flamboyantly. (!) LOL

If Cryptic creates a title "the Excessive" I am *so* creating a toon called Lord Dimwit Flathead!

:p

As for the rest of the thread...
    My initial reaction was that any Charge Rewards program, to be successful, must offer something compelling that most players don't already have. For me, the only thing that comes close would be the bear mount, though I'll concede that perhaps most players don't have some of the other items either.

Putting a mount in the top spot is problematic, though. The UI mechanics are such that switching mounts is a bit of a chore, and, aside from aesthetics, there really is no difference between mounts of the same rank.

Here is an off-the-cuff suggestion: give mounts active bonuses (maybe of an entirely different character than companions to make it even more interesting). Give players a reason to acquire more mounts. Or, if an active bonus is too much, let a mount confer a title. Or maybe let a mount come with an associated quest that you can do on some regular interval (or a set of quests!)

Think outside the box ;)
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
    edited July 2014
    ~sigh~ Nevermind. LOL
  • alcattlealcattle Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    like mentioned in my thread, it is aimed more at people who missed the other times they "gave" items away. I agree with most of you that 1 bear is not worth $200 to me.