test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

15 epic assets for a new companion!

frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
edited July 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Bargain! :)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    crimpatulcrimpatul Member Posts: 197
    edited July 2014
    Its crazy. I have a lot of alchemy assets, but its not worth to spend 5.000.000 of assets in a pet. Not worth.

Please, rethink the price of the alchemy companion. No one will spend 15 epic assets/alchemist to get a pet.
  • Options
    darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Silly, it's only 1500 Aqua Regia.

You do have 1500 Aqua Regia lying around, right?

*sigh*
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    1500 aqua regia , LOLtastic , this day gets better and better , who came up with this gem then?
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    tinukedatinukeda Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited July 2014

*sigh*

Regia is a resource, not an asset.
  • Options
    edited July 2014

*sigh*

They should've made that a lot easier to make ages ago. It's a big reason why I never used my alchemy profession. I rushed to try and be one of the first to level it to 20 and it turned out to be a waste of time ):
    tinukeda wrote: »
    It is but you can trade 100 regia or an epic asset for 1 ingot and 15 are needed for a guaranteed companion. My title just said the assets for simplifications sake. Either way neither are viable and when you look at the tooltip for the crafting, it mentions that it comes from the wrong event...
  • Options
    darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    tinukeda wrote: »

Yes, and you can buy a Purified Lead with 100 Aqua Regia, rather than a mithral asset. And 15 Purified Lead will guarantee the codex needed to create a companion.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I see it now.
    Wow.
    Expensive and not terribly efficient.
    7.5-15M worth of AR (not even enough available for sale anyway) to do what?

Yikes.

EDIT: Aaaaaaand the mithral assets market has already been bought out and jacked up! Time to sell extra alchemy tools! wooo!
  • Options
    lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Do you really think that I will use my epic assets for this companion? Active bonus: 165 crit + 165 rec. Nooo thanks.

This event and this incredible boring CTA, one of the worse I've ever been, sorry. ;(
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I only realized all my purple assets are gone after I opened those pack worth 1 ingot Oo

Oh and about SCA event, can we get lightfoot from this one similar to previous event?
  • Options
    cloud990plcloud990pl Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    it takes ~11h to get 100 Aqua Regias (that is if you have resources to do it)
    this event has "spend money on proffesion packs" label all over it...

PS I can imagine face of someone who buys one lead for purple assets and gets BoP/BtC alchemical knowledge while having lv 20 alchemy
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    cloud990pl wrote: »

PS I can imagine face of someone who buys one lead for purple assets and gets BoP/BtC alchemical knowledge while having lv 20 alchemy

Honestly, I wouldn't even consider doing that. I bought a fair amount with a zen and booster sale on. I got 1 purple at least. Oh wait that was a dragon egg. It's just way too costly for what you get. I'm glad to let other pay over the odds so that I can buy what I want from the AH though.

RNG obviously plays a part, but to lose AD on every single booster was kind of ridiculous.
  • Options
    litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Where exactly is this available?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    litaaers wrote: »
    Where exactly is this available?

Professions vendor in seven suns market. Maybe even any prof vendor.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    cloud990pl wrote: »

Now, if the professions packs were sold for AD, this might be a great sink to combat the ZAX backlog ... but no ...
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    People have been buying out Alchemy assets and the Alchemy Special Pack since the patch was pushed onto Owlbear. I think this even makes sense because the market for Alchemy was grounded for months now. The assets were virtually worth nothing.
  • Options
    saini50990saini50990 Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    i didnt saw that it needed epic asset and thought it needed green and i lost my epic asset , and for the sake of not losing had to buy 10 more to get companion and sell on AH and when i saw its price on AH , i mean wtfk 700k . i lost so much assets for 700k :(
  • Options
    akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    is it only epic assets you can trade in?
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    akemnos wrote: »
    is it only epic assets you can trade in?

Yes, must be mithral alchemy assets.
    Why would anyone make that kind of trade?
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    wimpazoidwimpazoid Member Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    An AD sink to clear alchemy assets off the AH? Only works if the item is desirable.

The companion has the regular +stat active bonus, not very tempting considering the usefulness of the assets traded in.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Can anyone post a pic of this dude?
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    15 epic assets or 1500 aqua regia , I just love all these events aimed towards the entire community .

ghoulz66 wrote: »

Here - http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/6004603-neverwinter%E2%80%99s-alchemical-extravaganza
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    mojopowermojopower Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    ghoulz66 wrote: »

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/6004603

Paid 200k for it...so cheap for a purple companion!!!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    mojopower wrote: »
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/6004603

Paid 200k for it...so cheap for a purple companion!!!

That's insane. I guess some are trying their luck at the rng pack?
  • Options
    akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    what are his SCA dice? it doesn't show on the blog picture.
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    It does seem ridiculous at first.....but there is a big misnomer here: 15 USELESS ALCHEMY assets.

I could get behind that
  • Options
    mstrssihrmstrssihr Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Most disappointed at having to trade hella expensive mithrals for a companion. Event companions usually go for 100-200k, seriously the dev team needs an economist.

While I appreciate the creativity they've put into how you go about creating the companion and hope in the future that is used again, at least let us use Uncommon/Green assets because the cost is absolutely outrageous for what we get. Just plain ludicrous imo.
    - Major Peachy Bottom * Gutbuster's Brigade -

"Last request - microtransactions for alllll old skins for zen/weapon appearance changes, 500 zen to make ur wep glow the color/enchant you want it... You will make more off that one item than any other zen item ever made." freshour

"beckylunatic" Gateway AH should have column headers to sort by buyout, bid, end time, quantity, etc. These disappeared iirc with the module launch. It's obnoxious.
  • Options
    saini50990saini50990 Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    each mithral asset used to cost below 50k , thats what DEV had in mind , but some1 exploited that also it wld have just cost 750k for that or below , the only reason for the epic alchemy assets price up is due to the companion, and nothing more .
    so i think we shld sometimes be thankful to dev to remove so many alchemist of AH.
  • Options
    empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    15 or 1500 for a guaranteed companion...1 or 100 for a shot...since there is a chance from the bag which costs 1 lead.

as far as useless...not if you have alts and plan on having more and you want to free up the tier 3 slot...then they are useless 99.9999% of the time. But I will keep my epic ones since its the quickest way to opening the tier3 slot.
  • Options
    cheesegromitcheesegromit Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    As much as I'm in the market for a healing companion, the requirements are ludicrous from my perspective. Let's see how they're priced on the AH once the issues are ironed out.
  • Options
    vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I too appreciate the creativity, that said here is what a don't like. Alchemy assets were low because the profession itself is just about useless. You can get the final products of everything for cheaper than the materials. So instead of fixing the profession to make it more useful they come up with this event where you can trade in useless items for a purple pet. They did nothing to fix the underlying problem with Alchemy.