test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Check out our new Official Gameplay Trailer for Tyranny of Dragons

akromatikakromatik Member Posts: 1
edited November 2014 in News & Announcements

We're pleased to reveal our official gameplay trailer for our upcoming module: Tyranny of Dragons!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2VggvvZeOo&list=PL27253BF6D727E4D4

What in the trailer makes you most excited about module 4?

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    akromatik wrote: »

Not much, but i'm curious, why the shown characters have disabled cape visuals in combat. The trailer should show the beautiful capes, clipping through the armor in my opinion.

• bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The trailer looks cool, but I'm a little confused - the scenes appear to mainly be people fighting dragons in existing zones. Is this module going to have new zones as well, or is it just adding stuff, (like IWD HEs), to existing ones? If it's the latter, will these encounters be setup in such a way that it is worthwhile for higher level players to revisit previous areas?
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • generaldiomedesgeneraldiomedes Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Not much

Ditto .. I am actually more concerned about what I didn't see, and that was new content. Do we simply have a lot of old content with Dragons dropped into them? Reading the TOD plot on WOTC .. sounds like this might simply be the first chapter, whereby Dragons set about marauding existing locations in the Sword Coast. If so, cool, and looking forward to more to come in future mods.
  • ychiakiychiaki Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'm wondering about that thing that looks similar to (but better than) apparatus of kwalish
    DC Divine Oracle Faithful
    HR Stormwarden Trapper / Stormwarden Combat
    GWF Swordmaster Destroyer
    CW Master of Flame Thaumaturge / Spellstorm Oppressor
    TR Master Infiltrator Executioner
    SW Soulbinder Fury
    edited July 2014
    ychiaki wrote: »
    I'm wondering about that thing that looks similar to (but better than) apparatus of kwalish

Check out this thread for some speculation:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?706651-New-event-Wonders-of-Gond-looks-like-its-aimed-at-eating-up-some-AD&p=8384101&viewfull=1#post8384101
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'm surprised no one mentioned: DRAGON MOUNT. I see some NPC bad guys riding a Dragon Mount. So question is: will players ever get a crack at it? Huh? Hmmm? Hummm?

I am in fear that if the answers is any kind of "yes" it will include "Lockbox" in the same sentence. In which case, I hope the answer is "no".

Damned devil in details business.
    edited July 2014
    I'm surprised no one mentioned: DRAGON MOUNT. I see some NPC bad guys riding a Dragon Mount. So question is: will players ever get a crack at it? Huh? Hmmm? Hummm?

I am in fear that if the answers is any kind of "yes" it will include "Lockbox" in the same sentence. In which case, I hope the answer is "no".

Damned devil in details business.

I would love to see different colors of dragon mounts offered - that way, they could offer some as "premium" from a lockbox, (IMO a black & silver dragon skin would fit this role), with other version more generally available - like maybe red, blue & green as Zen store mounts.
  • kathryntheredkathrynthered Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The ONLY thing I want to know if there will be a new T2.5 dungeon. I see the tower in the beginning of the video and I wonder if it will be playable. I have gone to several EXISTING zones on the test server and dragons are inserted. Here's to hoping for new content.
  • westirwestir Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    akromatik wrote: »

Dragon mount! Or more like a lizard, since it didn't like looke it had wings...
  • truckulatruckula Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The mount looks awesome.
    ddfuv.jpg
    Click banner for the Dragon Dogs Family guild page.
  • xenotorchxenotorch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Getting closer and closer to my beloved riding lizard mount (DWRL campaign - Drows Want Riding Lizards!)

Great job on the vid - great visuals and taster.
  • rube7rube7 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I am hoping for new types of dragon scale armor.
  • vallivvalliv Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    what happened to good old fashioned real cinematics???
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHvoMX12lLk
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    valliv wrote: »
    what happened to good old fashioned real cinematics???
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHvoMX12lLk

Must of poured their soul into that, then ended up broke and short of stock. Even Mod 1 was quite the work.