test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TR PVE Build Help

ggunchggunch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 30
edited July 2014 in The Thieves' Den
I have started a TR and I am now level 30. I don't really care much for pvp and was hoping to get some advice on how to go about building a solid pve TR build. I have no clue what path to choose or where to place feats or anything. If any of you out there could give some advice or point me in the right direction it would be great. I have looked around but it seems everything on here these days is all about pvp and like I said I have no desire to build for PvP because I will not run pvp.
Post edited by ggunch on

Comments

• chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Class Guides

Everything you need is there. Some is likely outdated, but still mostly viable. I have an Executioner and a Saboteur. Both are crit heavy, use terror enchants, and both work fine. I think I like the Executioner better.

You have 75% or better deflect severity, so don't over do that stat, but don't neglect it, either.
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
  • mxtimemxtime Member Posts: 316 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
  • rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I've seen some amazing PvE TR in the /NW_Legit_Community channel. Don't believe when others tell that PvE TR is dead. @esteena's build is solid. Additionally, you'd want to roll the best possible stats for a PvE TR, max STR/DEX, which most likely you already have because that's the default recommended stats in the character creation screen. Cheers bro!
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    TaRus Pveus, A rare and exotic beast indeed. It's very shy and can be rarely seen in preservations and deep dungeons among familiar to it friends, Highly dexterous and strong but not as intelligent as it's infamous cousin TaRus Pvperus permus stealthus, perhaps that is the cause of its extinction or perhaps the competition of it's food source in the dungeons and the great take over of Controls wizardus and greatus weponos fighterus of feeding grounds.
    It can be also distinct from it's common cousin the Pvperus by it's shimmering vorpal mane, as opposed to the vile green of the Pvperus.
    Also should be noted that as opposed to it's cousin it seeks power but has little HP and very little and some time no Tenacity at all.

I hope you will see this exotic beast, and marvel yourself in it's rare qualities, as attempt at breeding it in captivity has failed and only few numbers that are truly an example of the species remained in the wilds.

(if you have specific questions, post and perhaps can help you)
  • kraiton11kraiton11 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    My build is very similar to the guide. Executioner tr pve but earn more from AP.
    This is my first video on you tube. Sorry for the sound :p
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BM2RUteyQk
    Dps unitarget are great.
    http://nwcalc.com/tr?b=cn4:13ydj4:13ydj4,1xi3i3i:150000:150000:1z0551&h=1&p=min
  • iwaslaggingiwaslagging Member Posts: 71
    edited July 2014
    kraiton11 wrote: »
    My build is very similar to the guide. Executioner tr pve but earn more from AP.
    Dps unitarget are great.

can u plz make pvp vid
    so we can see how high crits go
    if nothing else
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Dps unitarget are great.

the scoundrel feat is bugged and doesnt work. I see nothing special in your dps single target.
    edited July 2014
    Buuuuuff... this build is totally designed for pve, none of his feats provides advantage in pvp, even so I'll see what I can do.
    On the other hand, I know if my dps is high or low compared to other pve trs. Unfortunately I do not know any of my pve tr level or higher, do not say I did not exist.
    Just me I can compare with other classes, and performed as both dps gwf my gs.
    Belonged to the guild of Ximae and you could say I'm his apprentice.
    My tests are without other data trs. And in this forum only talking about pvp tr.
    Thanks for the info of the bugget scoundrell feat . I'll keep it in case they fix it someday.
    I just want the tr regain its place in pve partys
    edited July 2014
    Buuuuuff... this build is totally designed for pve, none of his feats provides advantage in pvp, even so I'll see what I can do.
    On the other hand, I know if my dps is high or low compared to other pve trs. Unfortunately I do not know any of my pve tr level or higher, do not say I did not exist.
    Just me I can compare with other classes, and performed as both dps gwf my gs.
    Belonged to the guild of Ximae and you could say I'm his apprentice.
    My tests are without other data trs. And in this forum only talking about pvp tr.
    Thanks for the info of the bugget scoundrell feat . I'll keep it in case they fix it someday.
    I just want the tr regain its place in pve partys

thats cool
    it would be awsome to see what numbers u can get in pvp
    im prety sure you are the best pve tr right now and that no one can get bigger numbers then you in pvp with lb.
    it would be good that you make a pvp vid with all good and bad sides of real combat tr so devs can see(maybe)
    or atlest we can see highest dmg possible and at
    what cost of survivability does that dmg come.

i think rayrdan was saying that your dps is nothing special compared what other classes can do.
    your dmg is crazy high for tr tho

and i thought they fixed that feat a while ago
    was in patch notes
    edited July 2014
    mxtime wrote: »
    thats cool
    im prety sure you are the best pve tr right now and that no one can get bigger numbers then you in pvp with lb.
    it would be good that you make a pvp vid with all good and bad sides of real combat tr so devs can see(maybe)

i think rayrdan was saying that your dps is nothing special compared what other classes can do.

was in patch notes

hmmm... some do play PvE TRs, and can deal a bit damage.... know few...
    edited July 2014
    micky1p00 wrote: »
    hmmm... some do play PvE TRs, and can deal a bit damage.... know few...

good for them then.i dont care

he posted a vid
    which
    is first pve vid of pve tr(not solo perma)in 10 months or more.
    in my book thats best pve tr

and its nice to see whats possible with bis pve gear spec
    i want to see more couldnt care less if someones ego got hurt
    edited July 2014
    good for them then.i dont care

he posted a vid
    which
    is first pve vid of pve tr(not solo perma)in 10 months or more.
    in my book thats best pve tr

and its nice to see whats possible with bis pve gear spec
    i want to see more couldnt care less if someones ego got hurt

Dude, what with the attitude ?
    And what ego has to do with anything, just said that there are PvE TRs...and pretty good at it, still around.
    As was said before you can find some in legit.. and in guilds.. ( i know few that are very good, some play less, some more)
    I was surprised someone finding PvE Combat TRs so surprising and wrote what i wrote..
    Don't know why you want videos as proof they exist nor i understand what exactly you looking for in those videos. (not to diminish anything from the video poster).
    To me ACT parse, gear distribution & companions will be much more interesting (something i can learn from or compare - for example why the poster choose not to use the DC artifact as active to get more whirlwinds and using banner).

But thats perhaps because i see much more PvE Combat TRs than perma on a "daily" basis. (I PvE and rarely PvP)
    edited July 2014
    Dude, what with the attitude ?
    And what ego has to do with anything, just said that there are PvE TRs...and pretty good at it, still around.
    As was said before you can find some in legit.. and in guilds.. ( i know few that are very good, some play less, some more)
    I was surprised someone finding PvE Combat TRs so surprising and wrote what i wrote..
    I'm sorry you need videos as proof they exist nor i understand what exactly you looking for in those videos. (not to diminish anything from the video poster).
    To me ACT parse, gear distribution & companions will be much more interesting (something i can learn from or compare - for example why the poster choose not to use the DC artifact as active to get more whirlwinds and using banner).

But thats perhaps because i see much more PvE Combat TRs than perma on a "daily" basis. (I PvE and rarely PvP)

if i didnt say he was the best u would not respond.so butt hurt lol
    keep it cool next time
    edited July 2014
    if i didnt say he was the best u would not respond.so butt hurt lol
    keep it cool next time

I guess you just ignore what i wrote.
    Perhaps young enough to call people "butt hurt" and think everyone else share the same mentality and attitude as you do. Is it the infamous stereotype PvP mentality ? where a person can't formulate a sentence without an insult ?! Or you just perceive people who try to be polite to you as....
    Have a good day.

Ps. i know many TRs who are better than me.. and dont have the slightest problem with that, and yet you assume so much...
    And then you wonder why PvE people don't frequent this areas of the forums..
    edited July 2014
    I guess you just ignore what i wrote.
    Perhaps young enough to call people "butt hurt" and think everyone else share the same mentality and attitude as you do. Is it the infamous stereotype PvP mentality ? where a person can't formulate a sentence without an insult ?!
    Have a good day.

Ps. i know many TRs who are better than me.. and dont have the slightest problem with that, and yet you assume so much...
    You welcome to check my posts, i've posted about anything and everything enough...
    And then you wonder why PvE people don't frequent this areas of the forums..

you just went from butt hurt ( how dare u put someone as best pve tr ) to most humble pve tr out there
    thats tipical for butt hurt people they just deny and go full 180degree when they get confronted.
    edited July 2014
    Ps. i know many TRs who are better than me.. and dont have the slightest problem with that.

or another explanation:

you are eather to humble or realy bad pve tr.
    in a game were very few play pve tr and many are better then you that kinda sucks.i hope you can improve
    or maybe you are just to humble which makes you first humble tr in the game.

which one is it
  • iwaslaggingiwaslagging Member Posts: 71
    edited July 2014
    thats what i call bunch of forum warriors
    better play the game then troll here all day long
    edited July 2014
    Let me try in more understandable way:

lol me dont care best or not best. only you keep referring to that lol. you said he is unusual, all i said is i know a few like that lol how dare i mention that there are PvE TRs and actually that know how to play, Alive lol and playing! never even mentioned myself. you keep repeating best tr, i think it is the only thing on your mind lol.

If i'm good or bad, not for me to judge, if you want you can assume i'm the worst PvE TR since beta, i dont mind.

"maybe you are just to humble which makes you first humble tr in the game"
    Perhaps if you play PvE with normal people and not PvP all the time or LFG or PvP channels you will meet those too, cause i know quiet a few of those. Both good and not Epeening about it, but i guess humble is foreign concept to you as PvE Combat TRs. Btw i know humble CWs,GWFs and every other class too, you know, class don't make the people...
    thats what i call bunch of forum warriors
    better play the game then troll here all day long

It's not trolling, it's the true PvP ;)

http://www.nerfnow.com/comic/1297

To the video poster, As i said earlier, i really don't want to diminish from your build and play. There are not as many players that stuck to PvE TRs as such not many are good but I just really know quite a few that are good PvE TRs. And i'm very interested if you tested Action advantage feat, i remember it had problems , And Cunning stalker vs critical teamwork, and if Underhanded Tactics even work.
  • wimpazoidwimpazoid Member Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I've been a PVE TR since beta, I am neither perma nor semi perma (though I can run the same rotations and come close). That said, my advice is not to disregard how vital stealth is to the TR.

Here is my build: http://nwcalc.com/tr?b=p9b:27fw1s:142xu4,13h0505:150000:100000:1z05z1&h=0&p=min

It's as versatile as I want it to be in many PVE situations from solo, to party, to boss fights, even carry bad pugs through dungeons, or go for full DPS in premades.

359e8lf.jpg

I pug a lot, and in most parties my PVE TR is interchangeable with the average pug CW or GWF unless the objective is to gather as many enemies and AOE them. I've performed very well while being averagely geared for a long time, only recently, I've upgraded from rank 5 to rank 7s, and to a lesser vorpal and soulforge. Thanks to the current sale, I bought a bunch of coal wards and made a perfect vorpal finally.

I also balance my build for stealth, DPS, and stat a bit of defence and deflection to be survivable, and a lot of lifesteal.

I just soloed epic wolf den (most of it). No doubt it's tedious having to kill the mobs, and I can't run through no where as fast as a perma or semi perma. I merely did it because it was missing from my achievement, and because I can.
  • axis40axis40 Member Posts: 125 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    wimpazoid wrote: »
    I've been a PVE TR since beta, I am neither perma nor semi perma (though I can run the same rotations and come close). That said, my advice is not to disregard how vital stealth is to the TR.

Here is my build: http://nwcalc.com/tr?b=p9b:27fw1s:142xu4,13h0505:150000:100000:1z05z1&h=0&p=min

It's as versatile as I want it to be in many PVE situations from solo, to party, to boss fights, even carry bad pugs through dungeons, or go for full DPS in premades.

359e8lf.jpg

I pug a lot, and in most parties my PVE TR is interchangeable with the average pug CW or GWF unless the objective is to gather as many enemies and AOE them. I've performed very well while being averagely geared for a long time, only recently, I've upgraded from rank 5 to rank 7s, and to a lesser vorpal and soulforge. Thanks to the current sale, I bought a bunch of coal wards and made a perfect vorpal finally.

I also balance my build for stealth, DPS, and stat a bit of defence and deflection to be survivable, and a lot of lifesteal.

I just soloed epic wolf den (most of it). No doubt it's tedious having to kill the mobs, and I can't run through no where as fast as a perma or semi perma. I merely did it because it was missing from my achievement, and because I can.

what u got there is pvp spec feats for perma .
    u took most important ones at least
    its great solo build with enough recovery maybe best solo pve build(feats),but for anything else is meh.
    coz to out dps pugs with pvorp is not that great.
    with a good party of 3,4 cw which is usuall these days you are like a pet in cn.
    no one will nothice you.
    again to have a pvorp and do dailys skirmish or solo boons (even t2 is challenge toto join) its bit dissapointing
    cw,gwf,hr,dc even gf with same gear bring more to the party and people know that
    i rather have 4 cw and a gf then a tr
    edited July 2014
    axis40 wrote: »
    what u got there is pvp spec feats for perma .
    u took most important ones at least
    its great solo build with enough recovery maybe best solo pve build(feats),but for anything else is meh.
    coz to out dps pugs with pvorp is not that great.
    with a good party of 3,4 cw which is usuall these days you are like a pet in cn.
    no one will nothice you.
    again to have a pvorp and do dailys skirmish or solo boons (even t2 is challenge toto join) its bit dissapointing
    cw,gwf,hr,dc even gf with same gear bring more to the party and people know that
    i rather have 4 cw and a gf then a tr
    Oh, I'm sure I'll be outdpsing pugs with pvorp pretty soon. I just crafted it today. I've play for most part recently with lesser vorp, and most recently normal vorp, though I've yet to played a dungeon since crafting normal vorp.

Here's what I think about people's perception of stealth with PVE TR. Most think it's a loss in DPS because the feats that grant direct damage increase are visible right from the description.

Those feats are not exclusive to permas, though people may think only permas can use those. More dodge rolls is vital to a PVE TR in staying alive, especially if you are not perma. The more reason to have a mechanic to refill your stealth in combat when you need to weave in and out of stealth, not just for permas, where they use it differently to extend instead of refill.

The common DPS PVE TR will slot Tactics while with Cunning Stalker, I replace Tactics with Tenacious Concealment, and don't lose out on AP generation (or gain more if I slot Tactics in parties). There's a lot more consistency over the advantages I gain in stealth which is many for a TR, including increased survivability, and increased DPS, especially connecting DF with high consistency. Knowing how to play well to the benefits can outweigh a direct increase to encounters or at-wills.

I've been wondering for some time, why do players who don't want TRs in their parties consistently come to Thieves Den, and post in threads about TRs to tell TR players they don't want them in parties? It's not as if they are contributing to the TR community, in this case, helping a TR player build a PVE TR.
  • axis40axis40 Member Posts: 125 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    u just plays no skill perma pve tr easy mode with low dmg
    with a worst pve class there is and want to make it populal lol
    u deserve a medal lol
    edited July 2014
    axis40 wrote: »
    u just plays no skill perma pve tr easy mode with low dmg
    with a worst pve class there is and want to make it populal lol
    u deserve a medal lol
    since u seem clueless what perma is
    and will never understand why people play PVE TRs and just here to troll
    u deserve a slap upside the head :rolleyes:
  • suddenlyslowsuddenlyslow Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited July 2014

I agree but prefer a more sneaky method of "A soft word and a knife in the back gets you more than a slap upside the head"
    edited July 2014
    lol actually this is a guild of thieves, flying knives arround.
    thats cool

was in patch notes

Two days ago, I saw this message in lfg chat: TR 17.k FULL DPS lfg to any t2.
    I need to see this guy in action!
    I'm just a good pve tr but my gear is not full. There are people full rank 10 and all legendary artifacts (this is my goal).
    Thanks for your support.
    I just want to show that it is possible to be a competitive pve tr.
    As for other classes: CW is OP, this is a broken and sploit class. Yesterday launch a sudden storm with my CW 12.4k, gs (full rank 5 without companions, without offensive enchant) 90k damage!
    my grandmother with one hand tied, beat me in dps with CW
    It's ridiculous, but it's the truth.
    edited July 2014
    lol actually this is a guild of thieves, flying knives arround.

Two days ago, I saw this message in lfg chat: TR 17.k FULL DPS lfg to any t2.
    I need to see this guy in action!
    I'm just a good pve tr but my gear is not full. There are people full rank 10 and all legendary artifacts (this is my goal).
    Thanks for your support.
    I just want to show that it is possible to be a competitive pve tr.
    As for other classes: CW is OP, this is a broken and sploit class. Yesterday launch a sudden storm with my CW 12.4k, gs (full rank 5 without companions, without offensive enchant) 90k damage!
    my grandmother with one hand tied, beat me in dps with CW
    It's ridiculous, but it's the truth.

trs can talk what ever they want but until cw single target dmg is not at least 3 tim times lower then trs
    and gwf,hr 2 times
    its out of the question that any group will need a tr in normal circumstances

and that is where all good pve trs went ...well 99% off them
    quit the game or play a cw
    edited July 2014

perma pve tr lolollllllllllllllllllllololol
    b,,,,,,slap from entire pve community
    edited July 2014
    trs can talk what ever they want but until cw single target dmg is not at least 3 tim times lower then trs
    and gwf,hr 2 times
    its out of the question that any group will need a tr in normal circumstances

and that is where all good pve trs went ...well 99% off them
    quit the game or play a cw

I just hope the CW nerf solve the problem, but not sure ...
    edited July 2014
    I just hope the CW nerf solve the problem, but not sure ...

its not solving anything
    they have a build that can freeze everything and still more dmg then a tr
    in best case it will be exact same.
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It's not trolling, it's the true PvP ;)

http://www.nerfnow.com/comic/1297

That comic strip is SO true. Look at the comments in the last frame - buff, nerf, class imbalance. PvPers ruin the PVE game.
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."