test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New PvP Maps

caunsidhcaunsidh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 272 Arc User
edited July 2014 in PvE Discussion
I've been poking around at Russian Neverwinter forum, and I found this topic started back in May. It seems like those are some leaked unfinished PvP maps.

http://nw-forum.ru.perfectworld.eu/showthread.php?t=83682

Since Russains are obsessed with PvP, they even have special PvP contests on thier server:

http://nw-forum.ru.perfectworld.eu/showthread.php?t=102232

I don't understand Russian, but most of it can be understood using Google Translate.

Anyhow, I'm a PvE player, and these maps don't really interest me, but I figured I could share this here, since there are certainly PvP players that would be happy about this. I hope I didn't broke any forum rule by doing so.
Therenil - Hunter Ranger, Stormwarden/Trapper
3.jpg
Post edited by caunsidh on

Comments

• Options
    proneificationproneification Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 494 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Great find! Much appreciated. Those maps look good even in this incipient stage.
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    They look AWESOME. The man that started the thread says, that those maps were taken out of the game. Like we have only 2 out of 3 domination maps. I really hope we'll see some of those, they look extremely awesome.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    gothashotgothashot Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    wow, some of those look really neat! I wish there were a plethora of pvp maps available to us, all completely different from each other. Some different modes would be nice, too. Some new maps would be enough to fill me with the squirmies at this point, though!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Well, this one seems to be a bit different. It even says something like that:
    "Naturally alone maps for domination would not be enough. Therefore planned and other modes."

13ba2f26d9df36189b5fbce4ffeeea1e.jpg

2099d08f96ed966dda2f528218f1f22d.jpg
    3.jpg
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Well, I speak russian and I can say that's the thread about the PvP maps that were not implemented for some reason.

Initially, cryptic planned 3 PvP domination maps. (hotenow, ruins and the one on the screenshots) First two screenies, you can find in that thread, are the screenies of the second PvP domination map that wasn't implemented due to small border between two camp fires (both teams start in the center of the map) which could be easily abused or exploited. Camp fire camping and other stuff you know...

Also, OP of that thread on russian forums suggests that the devs planned to add more than one PvP mode
    http://i62.fastpic.ru/big/2014/0511/2d/2099d08f96ed966dda2f528218f1f22d.jpg (deatmatch map I guess)
    This is a screenie of sharandar PvP map named "M3_PvP_Harvesting" http://i62.fastpic.ru/big/2014/0511/17/32404da35c318b57ea5c20dc7d478417.jpg which wasn't implemented too. Looks good to me, got no clue why didn't they add that...

Oh well, that thread basically provides info on what was delayed or sent to the trash can for some reason. I do like the other version of trade of the blades though. http://i61.fastpic.ru/big/2014/0511/0e/b6cca8d455b93ed478c4e816a7e6820e.jpg

P.S russians aren't obessed with PvP. Just one guild ruling that server is.
  • Options
    heavenclaimyouheavenclaimyou Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    caunsidh wrote: »

Since Russains are obsessed with PvP, they even have special PvP contests on thier server:

We are alot of obsessed with pvp even here too, it's a great thing you found here .

I hope our poeple will made something like that here too . This game is awesome for pvp we are alot to love it even if it's not perfect (but what game is ? ).

By the way thanks you and hope to see this here soon too .
    Delete the Perma Stealth Please !
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    I hope there are 10v10 options and other PVP modes as well.

Although I have one big fear: matchmaking right now is not very good due to the low amount of players queueing.

If we skew it even further by adding more game modes, we'd have longer queue times and more imbalanced matchmaking than what it is now
  • Options
    captainfarstarcaptainfarstar Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The question I have to ask why do we have those contests on Dragon server ?

I wouldn't mind some the items.

The one thing I enjoyed about SW:TOR is the PvP maps and Hutball :D.
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The question I have to ask why do we have those contests on Dragon server ?

I wouldn't mind some the items.

The one thing I enjoyed about SW:TOR is the PvP maps and Hutball :D.

While the content is the same on Dragon and Drider, they can tweak zen prices, ZAX and events separately.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    vasdamas wrote: »
    snip.

Well, maybe the will implement those maps at some later date. Maybe they sent them back to the drawing board for some reason. Perhaps they weren't challenging enough.

That deathmatch map looks like it's on ice, meaning that it's slippery, like that slippery place in Icewind Pass.

Since you know Russian, maybe you can take a look at their forum more thoroughly than me, and see if you can find something interesting, and then post it here. :D

As for saying that Russians are obsessed with PvP, I did not mean to generalise specific group of people as all being the same. That was just my personal opinion based on the fact that in every MMO that I have played, Russian PvP guilds were the most fierce, and thus the best ones in PvP.
    3.jpg
  • Options
    hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Please put these in the game. We really need more maps or modes.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    caunsidh wrote: »
    As for saying that Russians are obsessed with PvP, I did not mean to generalise specific group of people as all being the same. That was just my personal opinion based on the fact that in every MMO that I have played, Russian PvP guilds were the most fierce, and thus the best ones in PvP.
    Honestly, I don't remember them being truly good as ET or some EoA premades. Just a high geared bunch steamrolling pvp q , roflstomping low geared pugs and failing each time they meet something competitive. Oh and then crying on some 3rd party forums how good and pro they are... at booting people in CN and boasting.

I don't lurk through russian forums, I prefer to stay away from those. And from russian players too, usually.