test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Coming back after a while, general observations

norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 556 Arc User
edited July 2014 in PvE Discussion
Lot of good and bad.

The good: new areas, new class, second build tree for all, artifacts, and all sorts of great things. Well done on the new content and general growth of the game! I love the web based dice game to level up pets.

Now the bad...

refinement of enchants ... is horrible. I get that it was maybe too easy before, but the "fix" may have been over-done. Given that we have to refine artifacts as well, the sheer # of tier 4 enchants required is insane.

daily & done issue is worse than it was before (and was a big factor in leaving)! After about 30 min, I have nothing left to do for the day... except grind for enchants or try to find a group that is desperate enough to take someone along who is way behind. I actually play more of the web dice game than I do in-game right now. Sharandar was better -- at least we could do 3 areas daily. ATM its 3 dread ring quests and a very short boss instance, then wander around killing packs with a host of other bored people in icewind until that gets dull, then log out.

challenge level is not increasing. My old gear, from pre-sharandar rep grind, still one-shots all the trash in the undead rep grind. The mobs do seem to hit a little harder but they are still not very difficult.

there is 0 zen for sale. The glut of AD has driven the value of AD to nearly zero... the economy is the worst I have seen in a MMO and rivals the horrible mess that was diablo 3 back when it was released.

in spite of all the really cool pets, ioun stones still seem to be #1. The insane cost of upgrading a pet make this doubly true -- for a tiny fraction of what it would cost to make a cool pet purple quality, or to buy one of the better purple pets, I can buy a blue stone that performs better. The biggest reason to have anything else is just the web dice game.... it should either be easier to upgrade or the combat pets should get a sizable increase in performance at all ranks to make them worth having.

Neither good nor bad, but my impression of the hunter/ranger is not good. Could be me, not understanding it yet, but generally it has the dps of a cleric and the durability of a wizard. The wizard functions because it can one shot 90% of the groups before they can get to it. The HR ... can't seem to do that.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    caunsidhcaunsidh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Your observations are a spot on, except for the Hunter Ranger class.
    HR is a very good class, at least in my opinion. It has it's own tactics, it's strengths and it's weaknesses. While being squishy, it can make a more than decent amount of damage. If played right, it can outdps most of CWs and GWFs that are equally geared.
    Therenil - Hunter Ranger, Stormwarden/Trapper
    3.jpg
  • Options
    norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    caunsidh wrote: »
    Your observations are a spot on, except for the Hunter Ranger class.
    HR is a very good class, at least in my opinion. It has it's own tactics, it's strengths and it's weaknesses. While being squishy, it can make a more than decent amount of damage. If played right, it can outdps most of CWs and GWFs that are equally geared.

I am still new to the class so its probably me then. I will keep messing with it ... its still ungeared, so that is not helping, but leveling up in the 40s was very rough.
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    noroblad wrote: »
    I am still new to the class so its probably me then. I will keep messing with it ... its still ungeared, so that is not helping, but leveling up in the 40s was very rough.

Which path did you take on it. You can make a pathfinder pretty tanky. It gets even more tanky with the grim set bonus. As far as the mobs getting tougher in open world/solo environments, I just started back myself and the heroic encounter mobs in iwd are a little tougher than dread ring. Not likely to kill you unless you don't pay attention, but tougher so that you have to pay attention.
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    He is talking about levelling an HR from 1-60.

Nothing to see here at the moment