test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Machtmaking needs to be balanced

crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
edited July 2014 in PvE Discussion
On my gf i do fine because i have decent gear but i have 2 other chars, both no wep or armor enchants and fairly new, one has under 12k gs and the other has under 10k so why do i get put in games with enemies who have around 15-19k ? i have no enchants and they have perfects, in one game my team had 4 players under 10k gs and our highest was 13k, the enemy team all had high enchants and they had a hr who was on the top page of leaderboards...what chance did we have ? our whole team could not have fought that one guy alone and im sick of trying to get my weaker chars up when matchmaking is terrible.

my poor cleric was hit 25k in 1 hit by a gwf, he basically pressed a button on his keyboard and killed me lol

can this please be fixed ? or whats the point in playing new chars.
Crixus - PVP GF
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by crixus8000 on

Comments

• Options
    unrealized1977unrealized1977 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 100
    edited July 2014
    Um how about you stop complaining about PVP matchmaking, and simply queue with your geared main, or take some time to gear up your other characters before entering PVP. Last time they tried to turn on the matchmaking system, the queue times were 30+ minutes to get into one match.

Just a side note, you complain about joining the high GS parties, you should hear what happens when we get unskilled low gs pugs, we gripe about the same thing, gear up before coming into pvp.... LOL
  • Options
    zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I actually agree with Unrealized1977 here on this one. I'd rather have fast queue times over perfect matchmaking anyday. People really have no right to complain about dieing over and over again if they haven't put the time into getting their gear up to par with everyone else. I definitely can't talk, I'm new to the game and only have a 10.4K gs currently on my main, but I still have some light hearted fun in pvp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • Options
    tearsoffeartearsoffear Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    According to some l33t players you are a waste of time if you enter PvP with less than 13k GS.
    Expect that this number increases as time goes by and new stuff is released.

I am sorry, but it is impossible to enjoy PvP if you are not BIS equipped. Well, except if you enjoy the useful comments by other players if they discover you only have a T0 mount and you are wearing only blue items and have R5 enchants. Some players just like to annoy others.
    But the problem is not you as such, it is the game mechanics that throw you into a PvP game where you have no idea what you are going to face. And this, combined with PUG, can make the game very unbalanced.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    zshikara wrote: »
    I actually agree with Unrealized1977 here on this one. I'd rather have fast queue times over perfect matchmaking anyday. People really have no right to complain about dieing over and over again if they haven't put the time into getting their gear up to par with everyone else. I definitely can't talk, I'm new to the game and only have a 10.4K gs currently on my main, but I still have some light hearted fun in pvp.

Easier said than done when the people who dominate have been decked out and wealthy since the beta while it becomes harder to reach the top now.
  • Options
    grac3n77grac3n77 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I have only 11.5 G.S. with my TR but still I can kill a lot and also do triple kill. The funny thing is My friend has an HR with 15k GS I'm lucky enough to kill more than 3 and most of the time I lose when I use his character. Maybe I'm not used to the play style of HR it would take me more time to get used to it.
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The ELO system is not working, so you will have to live with 19kv9k matches. This is bad, but a fact I know, when I go PUG.

When I get low GS payers in my team I dont get angry bc they have a low GS, but bc some of them play like they have no clue of PVP or their own class AND most of them ignore valid advice.

You got a low GS, you do no dmg, so go support. A 9k GS player trying to kill a 19k GS player is a joke. If, for example, the 9K CW uses ray of enfeeblement on tab/ entangeling force to help the DDs focus their target it is another story. TR, DC, HR, ALL classes have CC, buff or debuffskills, use them and dont stand on max range spaming split shot. PVP is a team effort, so help your team and dont try to get max points by running from node to node and leeching kills.

In some PUGs with low GS players I end up with 20+kills, some deaths and 30+assists and I have +2000 pts less than my 9k GS mates, bc they dont defend nodes, they dont contest nodes, they just show up to capture the point and leech some kills. At the end of the match they pad their own back 'gg' while the fact is, that they did not contribute to the match at all.

I dont care that you are playing a ranged class, contest the node, if you are the only one there. You will more likely die, if you do that, but your team will more likely win, so play for your team and not only for youself and most PVP players will see, that you are a teamplayer and the QQ about low GS ***** will stop or at last decrease.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    trs are more effective then some other classes with lower GS, just becuase they are not insta targeted honestly.

First match I went in with my new HR, I was at 11.5 and its not enough(thats with all t1 pvp set and epic offslots), however, after slotting at least all r6s, getting 4 of the boons and now around 12.5k it is a bit better, I would also suggest right now, 13k is a good place to shoot for to be viable for most classes as a starting point. As power creep continues that # will rise. Sorry thats the way it is.

Going into a match as a fresh 60 under 10k gear score will get your head handed to you in no time short, as stated above, even slotting all t1 pvp sets is pretty useless, you need a few k above entry level now not to get yourself destroyed.

However, as others mentioned, if you not flubbing around trying to steal kill or something and actually crashing nodes or running to 3 over and over and actually doing something other then sitting off node 2 hoping to be unnoticed, at least people may complain less.

Im not l33t either, just average honestly, this is a average joes opionion here.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Um how about you stop complaining about PVP matchmaking, and simply queue with your geared main, or take some time to gear up your other characters before entering PVP. Last time they tried to turn on the matchmaking system, the queue times were 30+ minutes to get into one match.

Just a side note, you complain about joining the high GS parties, you should hear what happens when we get unskilled low gs pugs, we gripe about the same thing, gear up before coming into pvp.... LOL

The gf is my main i dont have the time to play that many chars but yet i need to in order to earn decent rewards like a higher chance of coal wards and make more AD.

Just because i use them chars doesn't mean i can afford to go and farm all t2 armor and buy them all high lvl enchants and stuff, thats about 5 mil AD for each one just for basic stuff.

Also im not just complaining about getting better players on the enemy team, i like a challenge but its not fun when it happens every single game AND when i have fought players on the first page of leader boards 3 times in one day with a char under 10k gs, how is that even fair ?

I would also rather fast matchmaking than balanced but it could at least be balanced in some small way.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    crixus8000 wrote: »
    The gf is my main i dont have the time to play that many chars but yet i need to in order to earn decent rewards like a higher chance of coal wards and make more AD.

Just because i use them chars doesn't mean i can afford to go and farm all t2 armor and buy them all high lvl enchants and stuff, thats about 5 mil AD for each one just for basic stuff.

Also im not just complaining about getting better players on the enemy team, i like a challenge but its not fun when it happens every single game AND when i have fought players on the first page of leader boards 3 times in one day with a char under 10k gs, how is that even fair ?

I would also rather fast matchmaking than balanced but it could at least be balanced in some small way.

I am not a programmer, but I know for a fact that it would be relatively easy to use the GS number to better match teams in PvP. All the application has to do is quickly compare the numbers - it is not a complex math calculation. Should be an easy fix.
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    iamannoyingdeviliamannoyingdevil Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    myowmyow wrote: »
    I am not a programmer, but I know for a fact that it would be relatively easy to use the GS number to better match teams in PvP. All the application has to do is quickly compare the numbers - it is not a complex math calculation. Should be an easy fix.

Then you get players making their GS low on purpose then changing back into their BiS gear as soon as they enter pvp .
  • Options
    devaneiodevaneio Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    There isn't any reason to play a new character, to say the truth there isn't any reason to play Neverwinter Online, at all.
    Don't know how much time you will need to figure this.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Then you get players making their GS low on purpose then changing back into their BiS gear as soon as they enter pvp .

yeah you are right, then that would lead to some much worse issues lol.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    devaneio wrote: »
    There isn't any reason to play a new character, to say the truth there isn't any reason to play Neverwinter Online, at all.
    Don't know how much time you will need to figure this.

A good reason is because its a great game and fun to play :)
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Ah - very good point.

Maybe once you enter the queue for PvP, you are not allowed to change gear. A pop-up "warning" or "reminder" could be added before people enter PvP, with option to "cancel."

Just a thought. I have seen this in at least one other game years ago, where equipment could not be changed once a certain instance was entered. Can't remember the game for the life of me . . .
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."