test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Wonderous Bazaar weekly sale?

dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
edited August 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
We all know the Zen market has it's regular discounted items with every week a different sale. This can be helpful if you're waiting on a specific item, but don't have a LOT of zen.

The coupons are a great idea, and the Lliira's coupons even better.

I was thinking back on the Mysterious Egg for sale though "limited time". It was the right idea, just not exactly practical in application. Most people wouldn't spend 1.2 mil AD on it. 500000 AD would have been more reasonable.

Now I told myself to shush, and think of something more constructive to do about it.

Here's the idea -

Every week in addition to the Zen Market sale put SOMETHING from the Zen market for sale in the Wonderous Bazaar.

Need Courtesan Wear or Feywild Regalia? ON SALE this week at Wonderous Bazaar for 500000 AD!

This week's special at the Wonderous Bazaar is MOUNTS! Get a Calimshan Horse for 250000 AD!

ETC. You get the idea. This may help both in the current Zen Exchange, and in people being able to afford things they'd want but with AD, not just Zen.

Opinions?
" I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
Post edited by dragoness10 on

Comments

• nurmoodnurmood Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    sounds good - but i guess that wont happen - mayb if them items would be BoP. It would definitly solve the problems with the Zen exchange
  • dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yeah might add in the BoP if it's from Wonderous Bazaar so it's not a "quick turnover way to make AD on Auction House".
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yeah might add in the BoP if it's from Wonderous Bazaar so it's not a "quick turnover way to make AD on Auction House".

BoP is a good idea but making them Bound to Account would work also.
  • gerbilhurdlergerbilhurdler Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 418 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    As long as they were bound that would be an excellent AD sink.
    People would stop trying to buy zen with AD and maybe keep a horde of AD in case of a good sale.
    +7 internets for good idea
  • ysil6969ysil6969 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Great idea if it's bound to character or account (based on the cost). Would bypass the AD exchange and make a great sink to lower the AH prices as well.
    edited July 2014
    What items would you all like to see at a Weekly Wonderous Bazaar sale? List ideas below.

• bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    What items would you all like to see at a Weekly Wonderous Bazaar sale? List ideas below.

I'd like to see a weekly Wondrous Bazaar sale implemented. Things like mounts, companions, weapon/armor transmutes, and practically any of the items it has available, would be attractive if discounted heavily.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • captsplinkycaptsplinky Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    What if they add a "Zen Pack" for sale (rarely). Say maybe 100Z for 50,000?
  • unrealized1977unrealized1977 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 100
    edited July 2014
    I doubt they would offer this, however would I would like to see is 2 things added to the game. A transmute merchant, which will give you access to any CTA transmutes that you participated in then sell them for zen (ad sink) same thing with CTA mounts (ad sink).
  • gonaliusgonalius Member Posts: 847 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    What if they add a "Zen Pack" for sale (rarely). Say maybe 100Z for 50,000?

Maybe even a touch higher. 55,000 or 60,000. That way, whilst you 'can' wait patiently to have your order fulfilled, if you're impatient and desperate, you've got an option.
  • reagenlionel1reagenlionel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Weekly sales could be one step to actually helping to stablize the economy. Even if it was bind on equip it would not matter (and would perfer it being bind on equip). For its still AD leaving the overall game.
  • angelkilierangelkilier Member Posts: 42
    edited July 2014
    Well, I'm sure all the players would like the idea. However, you have to think from the dev's perspective - the game is running to generate profit.

Currently, anything players need from zen store can be either bought using zen or from auction house that other people bought using zen. So you cannot by pass the real money involved in anything from zen store. If they allow weekly sale like the OP suggested, that is having more AD sink in the price of a lot less sales in zen items. AD sink can come easily in many other forms, campaign progression, AH or even wondrous bazaar (especially different marks of potency) itself is doing fine in sinking AD.

Thus, I highly doubt the idea would be implemented in reality.
  • gerbilhurdlergerbilhurdler Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 418 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Well, I'm sure all the players would like the idea. However, you have to think from the dev's perspective - the game is running to generate profit.

Currently, anything players need from zen store can be either bought using zen or from auction house that other people bought using zen. So you cannot by pass the real money involved in anything from zen store. If they allow weekly sale like the OP suggested, that is having more AD sink in the price of a lot less sales in zen items. AD sink can come easily in many other forms, campaign progression, AH or even wondrous bazaar (especially different marks of potency) itself is doing fine in sinking AD.

Thus, I highly doubt the idea would be implemented in reality.
    The state of the auction house is making it impossible to level new characters.
    New players would be more likely to spend on zen to level up a char if it didn't costa few hundred bucks to level up to where people were easily attaining 6 months ago.
    As the new players trickle in they see the older players with perfect enchantments and purple companions/artifacts.
    Then they look at Auction house and see the prices and realize that it would take years to progress to that level.
    Nobody wants to spend on a game that they will never be able to compete in or with limits on what they can spend AD on.
    If the auction house was in order and c.wards were only 2-300 k or so people would buy zen like crazy to get AD to level chars .
    The bots would surely exploit any AD for zen system, but something like a one time buy out of the ad with zen in zen exchange could work maybe.
    edited July 2014
    New players would be more likely to spend on zen to level up a char if it didn't costa few hundred bucks to level up to where people were easily attaining 6 months ago.
    As the new players trickle in they see the older players with perfect enchantments and purple companions/artifacts.
    Then they look at Auction house and see the prices and realize that it would take years to progress to that level.
    Nobody wants to spend on a game that they will never be able to compete in or with limits on what they can spend AD on.
    If the auction house was in order and c.wards were only 2-300 k or so people would buy zen like crazy to get AD to level chars .
    The bots would surely exploit any AD for zen system, but something like a one time buy out of the ad with zen in zen exchange could work maybe.

I honestly don't see how C wards can get that cheap if the only sellable source is the zen market. That is the whole point of not selling c wards in AD store. The game forces someone to spend $10 on each time anyone needs to upgrade their enchantment. Of course there are c wards from coffer wondrous augmentation, but the chance is really low and it's not tradeable.

Heck I didn't even know how the c wards had been that cheap before they remove the bots, what's their source?
  • godwyn13400godwyn13400 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The original subject was, would we like to see Wondrous Bazar sales.

Yes, it would be great !

Companions
    Transmutation item
    Mounts, let's dream.

All account bind.
    Officers :

Dea Tacita@deotacito13
    Urghosh@godwyn13400
    Raven Vifargent@dwarthpower

Guild Leaders :

Kermiac@godwyn13400
    Trogeirr@Dwarthpower
    edited July 2014
    The game forces someone to spend $10 on each time anyone needs to upgrade their enchantment.
    This is the root of the problem. They overvalue c.wards and overestimate people's willingness to spend 10 bucks on an upgrade to an enchantment.
    I would pay half that to upgrade an enchant and still think it ridculous.
    But no way am I spending ten bucks on one upgrade.

It is the AD prices that need to be lowered though.
    Nobody wants to grind 3 or 4 hours a day doing dailies and DD to get 50-60 k AD a day to get a c.ward after ten days.
    Or if they do , they will surely not like it.
    Grinding is second nature to me, but when it takes two weeks to progress a couple hundred points on the GS it begins to seem pointless.
    I play to progress in games, not to do the same 15 things for two weeks to get one item.
    edited July 2014
    This is the root of the problem. They overvalue c.wards and overestimate people's willingness to spend 10 bucks on an upgrade to an enchantment.
    I would pay half that to upgrade an enchant and still think it ridculous.
    But no way am I spending ten bucks on one upgrade.

It is the AD prices that need to be lowered though.
    Nobody wants to grind 3 or 4 hours a day doing dailies and DD to get 50-60 k AD a day to get a c.ward after ten days.
    Or if they do , they will surely not like it.
    Grinding is second nature to me, but when it takes two weeks to progress a couple hundred points on the GS it begins to seem pointless.
    I play to progress in games, not to do the same 15 things for two weeks to get one item.

Ya not to mention to get a perfect enchantment, you need 15 c wards. $150 for a perfect enchantment is just too much. I personally think $30 is more reasonable.
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited July 2014

I'd be good seeing fashion / appearance change gear go on sale. I wouldn't mind some of it, but some of the stuff is 1M AD+. More than I'm willing to pay to make my weapon look a bit different...

Maybe for the Caturday anniversary put cats on sale... :-p
  • myles08807myles08807 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I could see them going for this idea, particularly if it 1- focuses on fashion and not items to increase power, and 2- binds. A sensible rotation with single items or sets up for 1 week could take many months to repeat itself, so incentive would exist to spend AD now as opposed to waiting. +1 to this concept...it's the AD sink that seems simplest and easiest to implement of all those I've seen or imagined.
  • mfgamesysmfgamesys Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Having respec tokens sold for 150k ad or more in the wonderous bazzar would be a great new ad sink instead of having to stand in line for zen
    Main-Lothor Syralth Guardian Fighter
  • khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    They seem to be focusing a lot on the Zen Market these days. I wouldn't say it's impossible, but I don't see them putting anything from the Zen Market in the Wondrous Bazaar any time soon, especially at a reasonable price. I would love to see anything added to the game, to be hones - anything to enrich the game and make it stand out.
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
    edited July 2014
    Good discussions coming out of this.

I don't think it'd detract any from Zen sales (IE Cryptic making money) as people could still buy Zen, and then quick sell it in order to buy the item(s) at a possibly lower price at the Wonderous Bazaar.

I'm kinda 50/50 on the transmutes from previous CTAs. These events have been rolling around again so having them for sale doesn't seem 100% necessary.

More opinions - options to suggest? Post below!

edited July 2014
    In light of the new rewards offered I am bumping this up as an alternative suggestion to consider.

• reagenlionel1reagenlionel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    khimera906 wrote: »
    They seem to be focusing a lot on the Zen Market these days. I wouldn't say it's impossible, but I don't see them putting anything from the Zen Market in the Wondrous Bazaar any time soon, especially at a reasonable price. I would love to see anything added to the game, to be hones - anything to enrich the game and make it stand out.

yeah i do agree. it is a stretch. it would be a step in the right direction. But only if the prices are reasonable. And cryptic/perfect world seem incapable of the wordes "reasonable" and "prices" in the same sentence.
  • refracted0dawnrefracted0dawn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 894 Arc User
    edited August 2014

What are you talking about? You level new characters by doing the Main Quest, Skirmishes, Dungeon Delves. Invocatons etc. By far the most XP comes from the XP you get for all the quests on every map.

You can buy XP Boosters for Zen, but I've not seen anything on the AH that is needed to level up a character. There IS decent Blue gear you can buy for not much AD when you HAVE levelled up.

~
  • refracted0dawnrefracted0dawn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 894 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I also think the Wondrous Bazaar should also sell more Refining Stones and Wards permanently, all BoP to Account. That would be a good AD Sink as well and also bring down AH prices for those things.

I made some suggestions here:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?680201-Let-s-talk-AD-sinks&p=8600941&viewfull=1#post8600941

And who would pay 1,750,000 AD to get ONE Palamino nag to Tier 3, when for 3500 Zen you can buy an Account-Wide Tier 3 Mount redeemable by ALL characters.

They really need to rethink their AD Sinks.

~
  • akichidakichid Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    What's the deal with the "Weekly Sale" from the Wondrous Bazaar - It's MIA...

Times are hard and {game} money is tight, the Astral Diamond Exchange hasn't been listing any ZEN for sale for over a month and I pretty much depend on those "Weekly Sale" items to be able to purchase items like Bank Slots, Mounts, etc. and not have to spend a small fortune of out of pocket real world money, but for quite a time now the Weekly Sale window has been blank.

Is it being phased out (I hope not), did someone fall asleep at the wheel (Wake Up!) or is there something else going on I'm not aware of - Like since PWE started selling their own in game coins for real money...

Naa that can't be it ~

So, What's the deal with the "Weekly Sale" from the Wondrous Bazaar
  • lionmaruu0lionmaruu0 Member Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    wondrous bazaar doesn't need weekly sales to make everything even cheaper, it needs more items people would want to buy, there is nothing worth there, they stop putting companions and transmutes there since before the launch and never touched it again, pretty sad.
This discussion has been closed.