test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Black Ice Gloves / Main Hand

unrealized1977unrealized1977 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 100
edited March 2015 in PvE Discussion
Dev's, Akromatic... I know we have talked about this a while back but please make some sort of change. I have been farming my BI gloves and BI main hand on my GWF going on 6 weeks and no drop. The encounters continue to be zerg'd by everyone including people that have full sets. You moved the corrupted and Purified Belts to Kessel's Retreat, please consider the same or atleast UNBIND them so we can sell or trade them. Because I know some of my guildies who have 7 pairs of gloves and cant find one for myself.
Post edited by unrealized1977 on

Comments

• Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    At the very least, if an item for a different class drops, it should not be BoP for you. Since IWD does not include a dungeon, having the items be able to drop from KR kinda makes sense - maybe give a daily quest to run KR once you unlock it, which has a chance of rewarding you w/ one of these items.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    unrealized1977unrealized1977 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 100
    edited July 2014
    bioshrike wrote: »
    At the very least, if an item for a different class drops, it should not be BoP for you. Since IWD does not include a dungeon, having the items be able to drop from KR kinda makes sense - maybe give a daily quest to run KR once you unlock it, which has a chance of rewarding you w/ one of these items.

I agree, module 4 will be out and ill still be farming gloves and main hand...... If anything if I don't have these by mod 4, im giving up and tossing all of it in the trash.
  • Options
    vattaravattara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Same here. Have been trying for my CW black ice gloves since first day of mod3 and still no drop.
    I start the event as early as possible and follow the "script" for the event but so far nothing
  • Options
    jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I found my Gloves on my very first Remorhaze.
    Since, I have gotten nothing of note from any Purple Heroic.
    I HAVE gotten a few of those Purple Mats. that are not actually used for any actual Crafting Duties.
    Yay.
    Although, I haven't actually SEEN either a Remorhaze or Beholder in several weeks now. Apparently they ARE spawning, but are being instantly eliminated by professional Farming Groups.
    My biggest concern is that what we are seeing is not actually people trying to obtain a rare item, but rather powerful groups trying to limit access to the best items in the game to only their members. I've seen it happen in other games, in fact a friend of mine mentioned that he got a P.M. from a Guild offering guided Remorhaze and Beholder runs in exchange for A.D.
    Fortunately this is only one story, and second hand at that, and more likely than not a scam, it still worries me.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • Options
    dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I've gotten three pairs of gloves, and I don't farm.

I got my main hand, and I don't farm.

Maybe it works better when you don't farm, but just do encounters casually?

Farming can make things.... unfun anyhow. They'll drop, the ... whatever you need.
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I've gotten three pairs of gloves, and I don't farm.

I got my main hand, and I don't farm.

Maybe it works better when you don't farm, but just do encounters casually?

Farming can make things.... unfun anyhow. They'll drop, the ... whatever you need.

This is a prime example, after you got 2 pairs of gloves, for corrupted and black ice, why do you continue to join epic HE's you end up just lowering the chances for everyone else that are still trying to get their items.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    jorifice1 wrote: »
    I found my Gloves on my very first Remorhaze.
    Since, I have gotten nothing of note from any Purple Heroic.
    I HAVE gotten a few of those Purple Mats. that are not actually used for any actual Crafting Duties.
    Yay.
    Although, I haven't actually SEEN either a Remorhaze or Beholder in several weeks now. Apparently they ARE spawning, but are being instantly eliminated by professional Farming Groups.
    My biggest concern is that what we are seeing is not actually people trying to obtain a rare item, but rather powerful groups trying to limit access to the best items in the game to only their members. I've seen it happen in other games, in fact a friend of mine mentioned that he got a P.M. from a Guild offering guided Remorhaze and Beholder runs in exchange for A.D.
    Fortunately this is only one story, and second hand at that, and more likely than not a scam, it still worries me.

It seemed before all these recent patches, when module 3 was first introduced, I got my main hand right away, subsequent patches seemed to have lessened the chances of drops. Especially when they started removing the "boss drops ie black ice" to fix the drawing issue during encounters... IE the missing beholder.

Gloves, a whole different story, 5 weeks on my TR to get 1 pair of gloves. Going on almost 6 weeks on my GWF.
  • Options
    arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I would rather wait for Mod 4 and whatever new shinys that brings, than waste anymore time trying to hunt down Epic HE's and THEN hope the RNG favours me.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • Options
    grac3n77grac3n77 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Why not ADD IT TO THE CHEST OF BRIGGINS TOMB Like what they did in Sharandar campaign and dread ring. Its almost two months now looking for main hand and gloves still cant find one. Cause when you go epic encounter the only thing you will encounter is epic lag and rubber band issue due to a lot of people going for 1 epic encounter why not make 5 epic encounter at the same time so player will be divided at different area. Or it can be drop even in non epic encounter so those who are weak may have a chance to become stronger cause what I see in here is only the strong become much stronger. Or just to make it easy put it in the store and price it with 1 million black ice each. Or just wait for the module 4, they announce it already because this mod 3 is epic failure for a lot of player.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    arabatur wrote: »
    I would rather wait for Mod 4 and whatever new shinys that brings, than waste anymore time trying to hunt down Epic HE's and THEN hope the RNG favours me.

Same garbage is going to happen again, they have HEs all over mod 4, if they have not learned their lesson from mod 3 its going to happen all over again.
  • Options
    kabinoleskabinoles Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Same garbage is going to happen again, they have HEs all over mod 4, if they have not learned their lesson from mod 3 its going to happen all over again.

NOOOOOoooooooooooooo
  • Options
    wolhaiksong332wolhaiksong332 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 107
    edited July 2014
    Why do you all feel that all items should be owned by everyone? Why can't some items be exclusive? I like that the drops are rare. And let's be clear, the devs haven't screwed up by not delivering all of you the best gear.

P.s. I mean it's like real life. How interesting would it be if everyone had a Ferrari? Wouldn't be anything special at all.

P.p.s. Aaand, what better way to separate yourself from all the "pay to winners" you all hate so much than to have some items that you really have to work for.
  • Options
    ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Why do you all feel that all items should be owned by everyone? Why can't some items be exclusive? I like that the drops are rare. And let's be clear, the devs haven't screwed up by not delivering all of you the best gear.

P.s. I mean it's like real life. How interesting would it be if everyone had a Ferrari? Wouldn't be anything special at all.

P.p.s. Aaand, what better way to separate yourself from all the "pay to winners" you all hate so much than to have some items that you really have to work for.

Then said exclusive item should be a Legendary and obtained very rarely, not part of a set piece in a quest / campaign! P2W players has nothing to do with this! Many of us try daily doing Beholder,etc. All we get is profession junk, whilst many high DPS classes already have your entire set!

GF / DC are having a hard time man!

Personally it should have a chance to drop on heroics as it does, but in the event you are a RNG bad luck magnet, it should have a safe fall after <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> Heroics its given to you for exemplary success in helping IWD.
    Shieldbash 60 GF ~ Iron Vanguard 19.0k
    Overpowered 60 CW ~ Thaumaturge 14.5k
    ==========================================

~ GF Buffs were great we are much better, please fix the bugs now... Thank you!
  • Options
    edited July 2014

This is NOT an exclusive set, they allow you to purchase, offhand, helm, armor and boots once you get into icewind. If it was an exclusive set then none of the gear would have been sold for BI and every part would have to be farmed. They give you 4 parts of the set and tell you to go farm the gloves and the main hand. Well after 35 days, and module 4 looming around the corner and a whole set of potential new gear from HEs..... I don't know. If they cant find away to help people with the zerging and the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> drop rates its just going to happen to mod 4.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    What's not exclusive about it? I have it and you don't.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    What's not exclusive about it? I have it and you don't.

Ah yes, the maturity factor in your response.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Ah yes, the maturity factor in your response.

Might sound like i'm teasing you (and i don't care if it does), but really that's what exclusive means. You claiming that it's not an exclusive item while at the same time claiming that you cannot obtain it is contradictory. It is exclusive by virtue of it being a rare drop.
  • Options
    doriangreighdoriangreigh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 707 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    There should be an option to make the MH and Gloves drop from kessel, but personally i'd rather see a new dungeon created for each area that would do the same. Since that would be harder to do than adding the same drops into kessels i'd settle for that, but now we are getting rings necks belts mh and gloves out of kessel. If that were the case why not put the rings and belts into chests that can be bought in the same manner that rings, necks and belts are in Dread Ring and Sharrandar? The xvim ring is that way, why not do the same for those accessories and then make kessel drop gloves and MH.
  • Options
    doriangreighdoriangreigh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 707 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    grac3n77 wrote: »
    Why not ADD IT TO THE CHEST OF BRIGGINS TOMB Like what they did in Sharandar campaign and dread ring. Its almost two months now looking for main hand and gloves still cant find one. Cause when you go epic encounter the only thing you will encounter is epic lag and rubber band issue due to a lot of people going for 1 epic encounter why not make 5 epic encounter at the same time so player will be divided at different area. Or it can be drop even in non epic encounter so those who are weak may have a chance to become stronger cause what I see in here is only the strong become much stronger. Or just to make it easy put it in the store and price it with 1 million black ice each. Or just wait for the module 4, they announce it already because this mod 3 is epic failure for a lot of player.

There is a thought, make it so that epic encounters have a shorter time to finish but might pop up two on a map or just make them spawn more often because its getting harder and harder to be on a map where there is one I can get to before the zergs dispose of it.

The alternative, start allowing instance switching so we can start hunting these things better. I personally don't have all day and night to move back and forth trying to hope that my instance changes in hopes of finding and instance with purple light in the sky.
  • Options
    adernathadernath Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Dev's, Akromatic... I know we have talked about this a while back but please make some sort of change. I have been farming my BI gloves and BI main hand on my GWF going on 6 weeks and no drop. The encounters continue to be zerg'd by everyone including people that have full sets. You moved the corrupted and Purified Belts to Kessel's Retreat, please consider the same or atleast UNBIND them so we can sell or trade them. Because I know some of my guildies who have 7 pairs of gloves and cant find one for myself.

I think you have just bad luck. I got my gloves with the first nemo and the orb with the 4th beholder. I got a 2nd orb with the 6th beholder. Perhaps I have also a bit luck, but still... I find the efford to obtain this high end gear ok.
    Suggestions to improve NW:
    - Dualspec
    - Better rewarding foundry and foundry pvp maps
    - Custom PvP leagues with leaderboards instead of the current 'matchmaking'.
    - Armory
    - make jumping cost stamina (to reduce hopping in pvp)
  • Options
    dronzaledronzale Member Posts: 36
    edited July 2014
    IMO, the problem with this grind is that its 90% waiting. i'm 90% waiting for an epic heroic to spawn or for someone to announce it on the chat, and (maybe) 10% of the time actually doing epic heroics. (which are usually over in under 5 mins because there are usually like 30 players on them trying their luck for the notorious drop.. i would really prefer if the drop chance will be lower but make it drop from a skirmish/dungeon/whatever something we can queue for...

I've given up on the BI armor because as a TR i really believe my profound set is better (for pvp, and from what i hear pve too) but i would definitely like to get the weapons...

so please developers, please do something... at least with the main hand...
  • Options
    anusonfireanusonfire Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It is pretty ****ty when others around me are getting their damned gloves and MH and I keep getting junk. It is real ****ty on how the mechanics of this ****.

Screw this tired of hunting for this **** and getting disappointed every **** time.
  • Options
    kabinoleskabinoles Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    from the first day and no main hand,got my bracers after weeks of trying
  • Options
    ladyalina72ladyalina72 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I agree, module 4 will be out and ill still be farming gloves and main hand...... If anything if I don't have these by mod 4, im giving up and tossing all of it in the trash.

I agree with you. This is so ridiculous. :mad:
  • Options
    ladyalina72ladyalina72 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I wish they would listen to people's ideas in this thread and make some changes. I'm getting tired of trying to get my main hand weapon and gloves. How can we complete the set if the stuff we need doesn't drop? It's unfair that the drop rate was lower so now people can't get them easy like the other players did before the change. On my TR account, I finished the whole campaign and got everything black ice except the main hand. So frustrating.
  • Options
    gphxgphxgphxgphx Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    So...mod 6 is out in a couple weeks and I think I've been able to get bi gloves on 1 out of 11 of my toons. Yes, something really needs to change about how these are dropped and I don't mean something in the zen store one can buy with cash to turn in for the gloves. Not to say I never buy things in the zen store for cash, I do, but a basic set item that should've dropped many months ago? No way.