test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

HR's Can Break Out of Crowd Control!

lvl99looterlvl99looter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
edited July 2014 in The Wilds
Watch this. I even put it in Slo-Motion. There's no denying this.

• Also, the internal cool down in between dodges needs an increase.
• HR's should not be immune to CC during fox's shift.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    wolhaiksong332wolhaiksong332 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 107
    edited July 2014
    denieddddd
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    halfling.....
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Here's proof. No one can deny it.
    It's a Halfling. Nothing to do with being an HR.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    For those claiming Halfling is the reason for this bug, you're incorrect. The halfling effect will completely ignore the CC to BEGIN with. I've seen the halfling effect happen plenty of times even before the HR came out. The HR's ability to break free from CC is COMPLETELY separate.

Something needs to be done about this.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    For those claiming Halfling is the reason for this bug, you're incorrect. The halfling effect will completely ignore the CC to BEGIN with. I've seen the halfling effect happen plenty of times even before the HR came out. The HR's ability to break free from CC is COMPLETELY separate.

You really are an Olympic quality whiner. I have NEVER seen an HR do this nor has my HR ever done this. It has nothing to do with dodge, nothing to do with HR abilities, or you would see it happen all the time.

For goodness sake get yourself a life.
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    jpfm101jpfm101 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Please delete, double-post by mistake.
  • Options
    jpfm101jpfm101 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2014

No, the Halfling effect will not deny the CC, about that you're just wrong or blalantly making things up.

The only race I ever saw deny a prone in game was Dwarf with their passive (wich is pretty good indeed).

I'll bet that this was due to a weird interaction between the imunity provided by fox shift (wich is supposed to happen), and your bull rush caused by a delay of communication with the server. It can really cause some weird stuff sometimes like dodging an encounter and then rubberbanding back into a proned position (not saying that rubberbanding was your case, just giving an example of other conditions where weird stuff happens).

I also doubt he did that on purpose and probably didn't even notice what happened.I play a Halfling HR and never saw that happen.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    You really are an Olympic quality whiner. I have NEVER seen an HR do this nor has my HR ever done this. It has nothing to do with dodge, nothing to do with HR abilities, or you would see it happen all the time.

For goodness sake get yourself a life.

Too bad you don't know what whining is/mean. Lemme give you an example of whining.

Ex: OMFG, I hate HR's, they're so ****ing OP. I wish they would nerf them. DEV's can you nerf the HR? They're too powerful, it's annoying. You guys suck at class balancing. God I hate this ****ing game (but still plays it).

^ That's whining. My OP is constructive feedback in the form of a video, with a few side notes in the forum post.
    _____

Aelar Hawkwind - Pathfinder HR
    Karrin Feywinter - Master of Flame CW
    Seline the Swift - Whisperknife TR
    Solomon Kane - Destroyer GWF

Me get a life lol....? You have a quite a few classes there buddy. I'm guessing 1-2 of those classes have their boons MAXED out? Or maybe have full black ice gear lol? Meaning you grind DAILY to achieve that black ice. Haha... Fun fact about me, I have yet to get black ice, or all my boons, I don't even have rank 10's or legendaries, I have a sore leg from skating, I don't mind helping games by providing feedback, and gaming/video editing is just a hobby.
  • Options
    mdpoysermdpoyser Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    could be a combination of things like tenacity, I know on my Halfling tr ive broken free from a force choke after a fraction of a second but I still got picked up by it. could be something to that effect...still not sure what difference it makes...if hrs are able to break free from cc then its a glitch
  • Options
    query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yeah man this is in no way a class feature if it was I would be using it. I'm guessing it was an animation lag.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Too bad you don't know what whining is/mean. Lemme give you an example of whining.

Ex: OMFG, I hate HR's, they're so ****ing OP. I wish they would nerf them. DEV's can you nerf the HR? They're too powerful, it's annoying. You guys suck at class balancing. God I hate this ****ing game (but still plays it).

^ That's whining. My OP is constructive feedback in the form of a video, with a few side notes in the forum post.
    Your feedback is not constructive. You have no idea what you're talking about and all you are doing is desperately trying to get the HR nerfed because you suck at fighting them.

For instance, in your latest whine you claim it can't be the Halfling effect or he would avoid the entire CC. This proves that you don't understand how CC works or even how your class powers work. Bull Rush is TWO concurrent CC affects - a knockback/repel and a prone. These are checked for resistance SEPERATELY, so it is entirely possible for a Halfling to get knocked back but not proned if he fails the first check but passes the second. It could happen the other way around as well. On my CW I see this effect all the time with Repel which combines a knockback with a stun. Sometimes a halfling will be pushed away but not stunned, sometimes stunned but not pushed away, sometimes neither.

Learn how things work before making ill-judged calls for nerfs.
    _____
    Aelar Hawkwind - Pathfinder HR
    Karrin Feywinter - Master of Flame CW
    Seline the Swift - Whisperknife TR
    Solomon Kane - Destroyer GWF

Me get a life lol....? You have a quite a few classes there buddy. I'm guessing 1-2 of those classes have their boons MAXED out? Or maybe have full black ice gear lol? Meaning you grind DAILY to achieve that black ice. Haha... Fun fact about me, I have yet to get black ice, or all my boons, I don't even have rank 10's or legendaries, I have a sore leg from skating, I don't mind helping games by providing feedback, and gaming/video editing is just a hobby.
    Wrong. Only one of those toons has full boons, only one has even one piece of BI gear, and one of them is practically a fresh 60 I levelled for testing. None of them have better than Rank 7 enchants and no Perfects either. I have two other characters not on that list as well. Levelling in this game is so fast it's easy to make and discard alts. But I have played all classes in this game at some point so that I actually know how they work and can avoid making a fool of myself like you do on a regular basis.
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Wrong. Only one of those toons has full boons, only one has even one piece of BI gear, and one of them is practically a fresh 60 I levelled for testing. None of them have better than Rank 7 enchants and no Perfects either. I have two other characters not on that list as well. Levelling in this game is so fast it's easy to make and discard alts. But I have played all classes in this game at some point so that I actually know how they work and can avoid making a fool of myself like you do on a regular basis.

How am I wrong? If you read what I typed, I said "I'm guessing" etc. Not only that, my guess ended up being true for the most part. Also, how long do you think it takes to level a character for player's with lives. I'm interested in your answer lol.
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    How am I wrong? If you read what I typed, I said "I'm guessing" etc. Not only that, my guess ended up being true for the most part. Also, how long do you think it takes to level a character for player's with lives. I'm interested in your answer lol.

Fail troll.

Seriously now you're just getting all kinds of personal and making stupid assumptions to cover up your lack of knowledge in this game. Go back to facerolling on your GWF and enjoy your last five or so weeks in the sun coz darker days are beckoning for you...
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    mdpoyser wrote: »
    could be a combination of things like tenacity, I know on my Halfling tr ive broken free from a force choke after a fraction of a second but I still got picked up by it. could be something to that effect

^^ it's this. You obviously see the HR is affected by the CC but then comes out of it in mid-air. He's not activating any ability, it just happens.

Ant-Monster, just FYI, Rangers have 2 versions of each ability. For fox shift, it's fox shift and fox's cunning.

Fox shift is when you bounce around and hit multiple people and you're supposed to be CC immune during the attack since Mod 3. No he's not fox shifting you in this video.

Fox's cunning is where you ignore the damage (not the CC) of the next attack. For some reason you're convinced that there's a CC immunity portion of it, but there isn't- at all, in any case ever. He's not using it in this video either or he wouldn't have taken any damage.

Not that it matters because clearly the HR uses neither of these abilities in this video.

I actually think there should be a CC-immunity on Fox's Cunning considering we have no CC-break or cc-immunity move besides dodge (using fox shift defensively is very situational and the immunity frame is very brief- nothing like ITC or Unstoppable). Even if you couldn't always predict the next attack was going to be a CC-move, it would be cool when you did guess right and avoid the CC.

p.s. Shouldn't one of the GF Masters really know more about other classes, since it's important to know their strengths and weaknesses? Don't they teach you about other classes in GF Mastery school?
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • Options
    sexwax45sexwax45 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014

6a00d834515ae969e2017c35817072970b-pi
    Face it your terrible at pvp no dev change will ever fix that so make as many videos of you gettin ur <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> handed to you as you like, but go QQ somewhere people might actually listen to your BS and GTFO of our section.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    lirithiel wrote: »
    Fail troll.

Seriously now you're just getting all kinds of personal and making stupid assumptions to cover up your lack of knowledge in this game. Go back to facerolling on your GWF and enjoy your last five or so weeks in the sun coz darker days are beckoning for you...

Since when was I trying to troll? And if you don't like my replies about your personality, don't pull the life card brah; it's that simple lol. Also, those were educated guesses based off the information you provided (you have more characters than me, one with maxed boons but I was told to get a life lol...). By the way, I don't have a GWF.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    sexwax45 wrote: »
    6a00d834515ae969e2017c35817072970b-pi
    Face it your terrible at pvp no dev change will ever fix that so make as many videos of you gettin ur <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> handed to you as you like, but go QQ somewhere people might actually listen to your BS and GTFO of our section.

Constructive feedback isn't QQ. Who exactly does "our" consist of?
  • Options
    osterdracheosterdrache Member Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited July 2014

U call THIS constructive?
    You, Sir, know NOTHING about mechanics of HR powers or cc immunity and resistance calculation.
    Your suggestions are plain stupid and lack any basis.

Immunity of fox shift = WAI! It was even fixed by defs in mod3. So your "suggestion" is just a nerf demand because ur lack of knowledge and skill.

Time frame of HR dodges = very short and thus = depending on lag and latency a shift of HR can mean nothing. Countless of times I even see "dodged" and still get the dmg or the cc. It works the same way around. But you clearly refuse to accept this.

Your making a fool out of yourself, again!
    Mods, pls be kind enough to close this obvious NERF NERF thread.
    Case closed.