test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How to 100% perma?

dakburdakbur Member Posts: 152 Bounty Hunter
edited July 2014 in The Thieves' Den
I have a lev 53 TR & I can't stay perma 100% of the time & furthermore, I don't even see how it is done. Can someone help me understand this? I'm sure I'm missing something obvious...

I have 30.3% recharge speed

I've timed my stealth meter & it lasts 7.3 sec. For the sake of my human imperfections, ill only assume 7 sec is reliably usable...

CD on bait & Switch is = 19.1 sec
CD on SS is = 12.2 sec

Assume I am stealthed and bar is ending...

Current Scenario:
T= 0.0 sec -> Cast SS… This buys me ~7 sec before I have to refresh stealth
T= 7.0 sec > Still 5.2 sec left on SS CD so, B&S… to refill bar
T= 14 sec> stealth bar is almost empty… SS was available 1.8 sec ago, so I pop that again to buy me another 7 seconds (B&S @ 12.1 sec)…
T=21 sec> stealth bar almost empty again, but this time I have 5.2 sec before SS is available again & 5.1 sec before B&S is usable… at this point, I pop ITC & dodge, dodge… wait for SS, then repeat above rotation…. If they have any bleeds or DoTs on me at this point, I may not be able to get a full rotation again and have to face tank while waiting for CDs…

So even if I get battlefield skulkers to add 25% stealth, that will only extend my stealth bar to 9 sec (7.3 * 1.25 = 9.1 sec)

Future Scenario with Skulkers set bonus & Ill assume I’m even better and can utilize 9 sec of my 9.1 sec stealth bar…
T= 0.0 sec -> Cast SS… This buys me ~9 sec before I have to refresh stealth
T= 9.0 sec > Still 3.2 sec left on SS CD so, B&S… to refill bar
T= 18 sec> stealth bar is almost empty… SS was available 5.8 sec ago, so I pop that again to buy me another 9 seconds (B&S @ 10.1sec)…
T=27 sec> stealth bar almost empty again, but this time I have 3.2 sec before SS is available again & 1 sec before B&S is usable… Since I can’t refill stealth from B&S out of stealth, I’m stuck waiting 3.2 sec before SS is available again so I pop ITC & dodge, dodge… wait for SS, then repeat above rotation…. If they have any bleeds or DoTs on me at this point, I may not be able to get a full rotation again and have to face tank while waiting for CDs…

T= 0.0 sec -> Cast B&S… This buys me ~9 sec before I have to refresh stealth
T= 9.0 sec > Still 10.1 sec left on B&S CD so, SS… to refill bar
T= 18 sec> stealth bar is almost empty… B&S won’t be available for 1 sec after stealth ends, so that’s out… stuck waiting on SS which won’t be open 3.2 sec, so I have pop ITC, dodge, dodge cast SS again and hope Im not bleeding or DoTed…

So what am I missing? And any additional tips for dealing with HR’s thorn ward in the center of the node would be lovely….

Thanks in advance
Post edited by dakbur on

Comments

• unrealized1977unrealized1977 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 100
    edited June 2014
    Hey man,

I am not going to elaborate in great detail, however you main stats come into play, Most Perma's have a high INT, which allows them to reduce cooldown rates on powers. You never mentioned your base stats, if INT is low you need to respec and move points into INT
  • dakburdakbur Member Posts: 152 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    Hey man,

I am not going to elaborate in great detail, however you main stats come into play, Most Perma's have a high INT, which allows them to reduce cooldown rates on powers. You never mentioned your base stats, if INT is low you need to respec and move points into INT

I mentioned my recharge speed (>30%), which int is a factor in... But since you asked, I don't recall my precise int roll, but it was as high as a halfling can get (15?), I can see how another 1% at lev 60 might let me get B&S off, but I expect my recharge would be much more than 30% & I thought 30% is what was needed for 100% perma...

(and before you ask, yes... I put a point to int at each stage along the way)
  • f2pmaf2pma Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    26% recharge speed
    5 feats in more stealth
    profound armor
    5pts -twilight adapt
    ss and bait can maintain perma stealth if u dodge 3 times easy.
    thats like 80% more stealth with 3 dodges

in real pvp it doesnt work like that coz of many reasons so u use itc..
    but if u use gloaming u can be very close
    edited June 2014
    INT / CON stat allocation

Silvers for Recovery with Recovery based gear.
    Radiants for Defense.

BnS / ITC / SS

I have all that. I see everyone talk about being able to 100% perma at 30% recharge rate & I just don't see how this is done or if I'm missing something...

You say B&S>ITC>SS... that doesnt sound like 100% perma... that sounds like 95% perma, is that what everyone does that claims full perma? I sear I've been killed by TRs before I was one myself and I never caught a glimpse of them...
    edited June 2014
    f2pma wrote: »
    26% recharge speed
    5 feats in more stealth
    profound armor
    5pts -twilight adapt
    ss and bait can maintain perma stealth if u dodge 3 times easy.

thats like 80% more stealth with 3 dodges

in real pvp it doesnt work like that coz of many reasons so u use itc..
    but if u use gloaming u can be very close

Ah, that makes a lot more sense... so the best I can do pre-60 set bonus is to 5/5 twilight adept & dodge roll... probably impossible
  • rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    You want the original perma from INTRogue (or whoever pioneered that) and follow the advice they already gave. I would only add:
    Dazzling Blades: 1/2/3/4/5% change to reduce your encounter cooldown when using At-Will powers.
  • dronzaledronzale Member Posts: 36
    edited July 2014
    not sure if you got that from the other posts...

but your problem is that you don't have the extra 20/25/30% stealth from T1/2 lvl60 gear set bonus... Skulker/Grim/Profound and more are giving that bonus.

30% recharge speed is more than enough... you don't need high INT if you have 30% recharge speed.

just remember that to maintain 100% perma you do need to add in the dodge rolls.

BTW - it is indeed possible to be 100% perma in PVP, a specially if you play Whisperknife... than you have a lot less of a chance to get cought since you're playing ranged.
  • kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Stealth is base 6 seconds.

■ Improved Cunning Sneak = +20%
    ■ PvP gear set bonus = +30%

★ So, currently, maximum stealth is basically 9 seconds in duration.

★ Ideally speaking you will use stealth refill in SS → BnS → SS order, which allows you a maximum of 4 stealth durations, and then expose you at the end of the 4th where you'll probably have around 1~2 seconds left with both BnS and SS. (A total of 36 seconds spent in stealth)

★ If you extend it with BnS the first time, after your 3rd stealth duration you meet the situation described above. (A total of 27 seconds spent in stealth)

★ However, in both cases above, you will be exposed because at some point after each stealth refill, there comes a time where BnS and SS will not be ready to use when your stealth ends.

★ Systematically speaking, in order to avoid this you need the BnS recharge under 18 seconds, and SS recharge under 9. BnS default recharge is IIRC 26 seconds, SS is 16. In order for BnS to come lower than 18 seconds you need higher than 31% recharge reduction. In order for SS to come under 9, you need higher than 44%.

Hence, in terms of pure systematic requirements it is impossible t0 "100% perma". This is where feats like Twilight adept come in. Like mentioned, usually after either the 3rd or 4th consecutive stealth duration you meet a situation where both BnS and SS is in recharge by 1~3 seconds left on the timer. Assuming the worst-case scenario of 3 seconds left, you need to achieve a total of 50% stealth refreshment your last stealth duration.

■ 5/5 Twilight Adept = 5 dodges
    ■ 5/5 Sneaky Stabber = 5 Gloaming Cuts

So, in your last stealth duration, if you roll twice and hit GC three times on any target, you will extend your stealth long enough to earn enough time for either/both BnS and SS to recharge.

Ofcourse, since usually TRs nowadays pretty much hate using GC, usually they simply resort to ITC to cover up the vulnerability time. Conversely, for someone facing a perma, it is highly likely that the perma will become briefly visible to you after 27~36 seconds into the fight. Be ready to plant a few attacks with a Bilethorn weapon.
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Frankly, I'm convinced that the "perma" in permastealth came from the fact that (see INTRogue's videos) in 36 seconds, all targets would have been long dead, before the TR hits the stealth limit... Since tenacity has been introduced, the concept was recycled with ITC, so that the TR can cover the vulnerability time between two or more stealth rotations.