test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New player discouraged by pvp CC...

silverleadsilverlead Member Posts: 63
edited July 2014 in PvE Discussion
I know I'm new to NW but all this CC in pvp is just bad and no fun as a GF. Seems We guardians and healers get the shaft in pvp because we do less damage but do hold nodes longer so why are we not awarded for that?

I also heard that CW will have their CC reduced or maybe read it on a dev note but how much so and is it really true?

Over-all too many MMOs are like wow and I was really wanting something fresh in NW but ugh. So rather than make a CW or ranger or even GWF as I hear they are OP too I would just rather try a different MMO as I'm not really sure if any of these bad mechanics will be addressed. Anyone have any confirmation or or concern as much as me about all of this?

- Dinkie
Post edited by silverlead on

Comments

• silverleadsilverlead Member Posts: 63
    edited June 2014
    oh another problem is it seems like there is issues sometimes with getting skills off in pvp. As if the server is too burdened. Seems to just be a melee issue though.
    edited June 2014
    oh yeah and also after taking a lot of beatings trying to hold nodes while the rest of my team is goofin off doing who knows what then when the game ends sometimes or most times I get no glory or XP. why?
  • hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    GF is the worst class in PVP imo, so if you want to PVP, you'll probably want to roll another class.
    I also heard that CW will have their CC reduced or maybe read it on a dev note but how much so and is it really true?

If anything, CW is getting more CC in mod4 since they'll all be speccing Oppressor. Lot's of CWs are throwing fits right now but I think they'll be much better off in PVP and still great in PVE.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • oicidrazoicidraz Member Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    "We guardians and healers get the shaft in pvp because we do less damage but do hold nodes longer".

Nope, here the best node holders are Hunter Rangers and Trickster Rogues IMO, and yes, CW is getting more CC and less DPS, you gonna get bad times as a GF in PvP unless you have to fight a 8-9K PuG.
  • harrivengerharrivenger Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    silverlead wrote: »
    oh yeah and also after taking a lot of beatings trying to hold nodes while the rest of my team is goofin off doing who knows what then when the game ends sometimes or most times I get no glory or XP. why?

If you are doing PvP with PUG, it is very common to be in the scenario you have mentioned. In addition, the team matching system doesn't work well and it all depend on luck whether you are grouping with good players or bad players. I have been doing PvP PUG since I started playing NW and I can fully understand that it can be quite frustrated if your team got beatings over and over again. I would suggest adapt to the situation and adjust your play style and character skill according. Example, if your teammates just wanted to go for kills, you may just join in with them instead of holding the node alone.

As for the glory reward, if I remember correctly, you need to achieve certain points (I believed is 300), from kills, assist, cap the node etc.
    Harrivenger (Master Infiltrator)
    Ebony (Whisperknife)

edited June 2014
    Thanks guys. Guess I'll try out a ranger/hunter.
    edited June 2014
    yeah thats bull <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> magic CW dont take very much damage from a metal sword or shield. not sure if I want to make a new toon and try this again or try another MMO like Tera.
  • aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    You get the most points by taking points. You get no personal points for holding them.

CWs are the easiest players to kill. Even easier than DCs and GFs. It seems they'll be even easier soon. Yes, Oppressors will have more CC, but they'll have no damage. Plus, there are about to be a lot fewer CWs in the game. You have the best prones, and you can block everything a CW can throw. If you have any tenacity, you won't even find them annoying.

Personally, I'd rather fight a perma stealth TR than a well played GF.

Though,if you play a HR, you'll eat TRs and GWFs for breakfast.
  • oicidrazoicidraz Member Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    aulduron wrote: »
    You get the most points by taking points. You get no personal points for holding them.

CWs are the easiest players to kill. Even easier than DCs and GFs. It seems they'll be even easier soon. Yes, Oppressors will have more CC, but they'll have no damage. Plus, there are about to be a lot fewer CWs in the game. You have the best prones, and you can block everything a CW can throw. If you have any tenacity, you won't even find them annoying.

Personally, I'd rather fight a perma stealth TR than a well played GF.

Though,if you play a HR, you'll eat TRs and GWFs for breakfast.

GF:
    Iron Vanguard: Frontline Surge: This power now stuns players rather than proning them. No change on NPCs.

GWF:
    Takedown: This power now stuns players rather than proning them. No change on NPCs.
    Iron Vanguard: Frontline Surge: This power now stuns players rather than proning them. No change on NPCs.

Nope, they are nerfing our prones too.
  • tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    even in damaga takedown and frontline go a lot down ;p
    look in devtracker, not going to be a slave and link that stuf each time ;p
  • midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    tcarnce wrote: »
    even in damaga takedown and frontline go a lot down ;p
    look in devtracker, not going to be a slave and link that stuf each time ;p

The damage is only decreasing for GWF, so that's not any issue for a GF.
  • spike0337spike0337 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Try Villain's Menace "With valiant fury you smash the ground, damaging foes around you. In your temporary fervor, you deal increased damage and gain immunity to disabling effects." I find it helps a lot fighting CW and we can get dailies up fast.More Tenacity can help in CC res. and maybe use Elven Battle enchantment.All of those will reduce CC timer.
  • ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Dude! You are playing one of the hardest classes to be successful with in PVP... GF can do decent but really require a lot of work in gear/skill/enchants.
    Shieldbash 60 GF ~ Iron Vanguard 19.0k
    Overpowered 60 CW ~ Thaumaturge 14.5k
    ==========================================

~ GF Buffs were great we are much better, please fix the bugs now... Thank you!
  • aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    oicidraz wrote: »
    GF:

GWF:
    Takedown: This power now stuns players rather than proning them. No change on NPCs.

Nope, they are nerfing our prones too.

I used the present tense.

What are they doing to Bull Charge, or whatever it's called?
  • fuzzychaos13fuzzychaos13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    Ok So let me get this straight, You came to the forums to complain about STUNS, in an mmo is that correct? Im just making sure and want to Clarify that you opened your browser, logged in on this site, and opened a THREAD complaining about Stuns in an MMO am i right?

Wow. I have no response to this insignificant thread lol. Cracks me up.\

Get used to it, its an MMO there will always be prones/stuns, even when they fix GWF's in mod 4, stuns will be just as good as Prones. Believe me its been tested this past weekend, get used to it.
  • psychaos999psychaos999 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Ok So let me get this straight, You came to the forums to complain about STUNS, in an mmo is that correct? Im just making sure and want to Clarify that you opened your browser, logged in on this site, and opened a THREAD complaining about Stuns in an MMO am i right?

Wow. I have no response to this insignificant thread lol. Cracks me up.\

Get used to it, its an MMO there will always be prones/stuns, even when they fix GWF's in mod 4, stuns will be just as good as Prones. Believe me its been tested this past weekend, get used to it.

How many triple A mmorpg have you played? Because in most of them cc has diminishing return, till you become immune.
    And in few of them only few classes has cc.
    Here everybody and his mother has cc and they are really strong, and you can be chain proned/stunned/whatever till dead.
    (and cw shouldn't whine about tenacity: it lowers cc by 20% and they ignore 60% of this 20%, but they cry as if they can't stunlock no more)
  • ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    (and cw shouldn't whine about tenacity: it lowers cc by 20% and they ignore 60% of this 20%, but they cry as if they can't stunlock no more)
    Controllers rely on control duration for survivability in PvP, other classes don't. Nerfing control duration is nerfing controllers. So it's not very fair.
  • glowingemberglowingember Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Im sure there is something they can nerf on dc's. no wait.......
  • evrisaevrisa Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    How many triple A mmorpg have you played? Because in most of them cc has diminishing return, till you become immune.
    And in few of them only few classes has cc.
    Here everybody and his mother has cc and they are really strong, and you can be chain proned/stunned/whatever till dead.

Thank you psychaos, you took the words out of my mouth.
    With no Diminishing Returns in pvp and with the tons of cc available, it doesn't take a lot of skill for someone to stunlock another to death and tenacity is not diminishing returns. And now they are testing increasing Takedown and Frontline Surge to 2 secs (a 1.25 sec increase). With diminishing returns ppl would have to start playing smart, would have to decide whether a situation warranted a cc maneuver. As it is now, its just spam, spam, spam.
    To the OP, if you want to properly play pvp in a MMO, find another game. Sorry, NVW is a great game for many things, pvp isn't one of them imo.
  • harrivengerharrivenger Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Side track a bit, is the duration of stun, including the animation, as long as prone effect? From my current PvP experience, prone seems to be have a "longer" duration than it is stated in the tool tips because of the additional prone animation, which included getting up from prone, which during that duration, we are not able to do much. Stun (example by Impact Shot) on the other hand, does not have the "getting up" animation.
    Harrivenger (Master Infiltrator)
    Ebony (Whisperknife)

• rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    You still have Bull Charge. They are buffing CON hp bonus to 4% up from 2%. + a mishmash of other stuff