test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tenser's Floating Disk = Super Cool!

luthandroseluthandrose Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
I have to say to the developer(s) that worked on this one...VERY FREAK'EN COOL. Nice job on this mount and it's by far my favorite mount to ride around on and grind on things in town.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LKVnRZhX9U
Post edited by luthandrose on

Comments

• Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Gratz, if I didn't already have a mount, this is the one I'd go for.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    slushlikewindslushlikewind Member Posts: 272 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    Dragon mount next plz.
  • Options
    justsyndrajustsyndra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Dragon mount next plz.

You will like mod 4 :)
    No longer playing Neverwinter.
  • Options
    wasperinewasperine Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I hope they make Tenser's Floating Disk available as a separate mount purchase later. *hint, hint*
  • Options
    crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    I spend all my AD on an emperor beetle thinking i look cool then some guy comes past me on a floating disk :( wish i would have waited lol
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    wasperine wrote: »
    I hope they make Tenser's Floating Disk available as a separate mount purchase later. *hint, hint*

That's one way to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> off all of the lockbox spenders. It would be the worst business decision they could make. Of course I'd like it :).
    crixus8000 wrote: »
    I spend all my AD on an emperor beetle thinking i look cool then some guy comes past me on a floating disk :( wish i would have waited lol
    Well you'd need a hell of a lot more saving for that...
  • Options
    zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    crixus8000 wrote: »

To be honest I'd rather have a beetle. I love bugs. ^_^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Meh, seen it this morning and wasn't impressed. To be honest even black ice warhorse looked better to me :P

P.S Actually, Owlbear for the win! O_Ooooohooo
  • Options
    thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Seen em selling for 25 million AD on AH that's,... 50,000 zen for one character mount.
  • Options
    emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I have to say to the developer(s) that worked on this one...VERY FREAK'EN COOL. Nice job on this mount and it's by far my favorite mount to ride around on and grind on things in town.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LKVnRZhX9U

Been ridin one of those in Champions Online for a long time now
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • Options
    ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    wasperine wrote: »

It never happened and it probably won't ever happen. It would be like telling us "hey, don't spend hundreds of dollars on keys and lockboxes, just wait a bit and you'll get your mount for pocket change" :P
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    thesensai wrote: »
    Seen em selling for 25 million AD on AH that's,... 50,000 zen for one character mount.

Yeah, they're not THAT cool. 50,000 Zen is $500.00 U.S. LOL Ummm, not no, but hell-no.

And I'm not so sure they're actually selling; people post those then pull the post to make it look like they sell (it's one of the tricks of the 'trade' to create perceived demand). I've been peeking at Auction House at these things and it always seems to be the *same* names selling them - and each time the price for the new listings keep going up. LOL

Either way, whether they're actually selling or not is moot: because they are not THAT cool. Single mount; one character = 5-Million AD tops for me - Warhorse = yes, Tenser's Disk = not so sure. And even with warhorse I had to mentally percolate on it for quite some time (like four days). I still have my heavy Armored Spider from Hero pack - those are great for Wizards and Warlocks, and possibly even better, theme-wise.

~shrugs~
    emilemo wrote: »
    Been ridin one of those in Champions Online for a long time now

PRECISELY. LOL
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    This thread looks like a conspiracy to me now xD
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    thesensai wrote: »

Supply and demand.

Paintings and weird art go for $50,000. A lot of dumber and exponentially more expensive stuff are being bought every day.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Considering the posting fees for a 20+ million AD listing. I seriously doubt anyone is pulling down auctions, and eating that fee. Just to increase demand. There will always be a subset of people willing to pay any price to get something new, or first.

Give it 6 to 8 weeks, and the price will be down to 2 to 5mill. Like pretty much every other lockbox mount has done.
  • Options
    kolevrakolevra Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It was my idea and I demand a free one as royalty.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?645781-new-mount-ideas
    --- Ranked matches need to be solo-queue only
    Enforce rainbow parties in PvP ---- 10v10 PvP ----
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    At least the game designers use old school P&P Dungeons and Dragons stuff in this game, like Tenser's Floating Disk.

Makes an old school role-player tear-up a bit seeing D&D stuff from the 70s in this game. . :)
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    myowmyow wrote: »
    At least the game designers use old school P&P Dungeons and Dragons stuff in this game, like Tenser's Floating Disk.

Makes an old school role-player tear-up a bit seeing D&D stuff from the 70s in this game. . :)

Now get out your wallet!
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    /10 char - wrong forum -sorry-
  • Options
    wasperinewasperine Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    myowmyow wrote: »

I hear you.

I'm a 70s gamer like you; that's why I want one and hope they'll make them more widely available.
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yeah, they're not THAT cool. 50,000 Zen is $500.00 U.S. LOL Ummm, not no, but hell-no.

And I'm not so sure they're actually selling; people post those then pull the post to make it look like they sell (it's one of the tricks of the 'trade' to create perceived demand). I've been peeking at Auction House at these things and it always seems to be the *same* names selling them - and each time the price for the new listings keep going up. LOL

The disks are most certainly selling. I know several people who have paid between 15-25mill for a disk. Mostly because they insist on mount humping me with it in excitement when I log on.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    imaginaerum1imaginaerum1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Okay, I think I'm missing something story-wise here.
    How did a first level spell created by a wizard from Greyhawk to float along behind you and tote your loot turn into a magic item in the Forgotten Realms that you ride around on top of? Cool though it may be, this isn't anything like Tenser's spell.
  • Options
    str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Man I'd kill for one of these...

And yes, I would put it directly on the AH... lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    imaginaerum1imaginaerum1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    macjae wrote: »
    D&D 3.5 had a greater floating disk spell that allowed people to fly around on it.

http://dndtools.eu/spells/spell-compendium--86/floating-disk-greater--4520/

Okay, that helps. But if it's still from Tenser (Greyhawk), and a spell, what's it doing as a magic item here (Forgotten Realms)?
  • Options
    anatas07anatas07 Member Posts: 164 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    1. Super cool - yes it is !
    2. Overpriced - yes it is !
    3. Best mount - no is not ! Best mount is Owlbear by far (not referring to speed, they all have 110%, referring to getting stuck in stairs and all kind of roots, etc. and ofc to mechanics of the movement - see the little lag in responding to direction change)
    If you see this and have the answer - PM me or answer real quick because this post will be removed