test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

mouse zoom solution 2

nymbylnymbyl Member Posts: 38 Arc User
this was created by benecor a while back, but has since broken with the new install, they locked the thread so I am starting an new one

this is still working on my old install, but since installing with the new arc/NW install and changed directory I can not get it to work anymore, any ideas?

I just keep getting "unknown command fov 55" when scrolling the mousewheel backward

below is the original thread:

Mouse zoom solution.

I was seeing a lot of threads with people complaining that there is no mouse zoom. I posted a solution a little while back but can not find it in forums so I'm reposting it. This is copy/paste from another website. It does work quite well(at least for me) and improves gameplay significantly.

Create a txt file called CommandAliases.txt. Paste this into the txt file.

alias fov20 "gfxsetdefaultfov 20 $$ bind wheelminus fov25"
alias fov25 "gfxsetdefaultfov 25 $$ bind wheelplus fov20 $$ bind wheelminus fov30"
alias fov30 "gfxsetdefaultfov 30 $$ bind wheelplus fov25 $$ bind wheelminus fov35"
alias fov35 "gfxsetdefaultfov 35 $$ bind wheelplus fov30 $$ bind wheelminus fov40"
alias fov40 "gfxsetdefaultfov 40 $$ bind wheelplus fov35 $$ bind wheelminus fov45"
alias fov45 "gfxsetdefaultfov 45 $$ bind wheelplus fov40 $$ bind wheelminus fov50"
alias fov50 "gfxsetdefaultfov 50 $$ bind wheelplus fov45 $$ bind wheelminus fov55"
alias fov55 "gfxsetdefaultfov 55 $$ bind wheelplus fov50 $$ bind wheelminus fov60"
alias fov60 "gfxsetdefaultfov 60 $$ bind wheelplus fov55 $$ bind wheelminus fov65"
alias fov65 "gfxsetdefaultfov 65 $$ bind wheelplus fov60 $$ bind wheelminus fov70"
alias fov70 "gfxsetdefaultfov 70 $$ bind wheelplus fov65 $$ bind wheelminus fov75"
alias fov75 "gfxsetdefaultfov 75 $$ bind wheelplus fov70 $$ bind wheelminus fov80"
alias fov80 "gfxsetdefaultfov 80 $$ bind wheelplus fov75 $$ bind wheelminus fov85"
alias fov85 "gfxsetdefaultfov 85 $$ bind wheelplus fov80 $$ bind wheelminus fov90"
alias fov90 "gfxsetdefaultfov 90 $$ bind wheelplus fov85 $$ bind wheelminus fov95"
alias fov95 "gfxsetdefaultfov 95 $$ bind wheelplus fov90 $$ bind wheelminus fov100"
alias fov100 "gfxsetdefaultfov 100 $$ bind wheelplus fov95"

Save the txt file. Place it in Cryptic Studios>Neverwinter>Live>Localdata

Then in game type:

/bind wheelminus fov55
Spin your mouse wheel down to activate.

You now have zoom. Shouldn't need to do any of it again after initial setup.

Please post your results.
Post edited by nymbyl on

Comments

• Options
    nymbylnymbyl Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    ok I actually fixed this myself to work with the new install, here is the fix

You need to create a Live directory in your neverwinter en folder, then a localdata directory in the live directory, place the commandaliases.txt file there

then log into game

type in or paste the command like benecor said: /bind wheelminus fov55

then mouse wheel down, do not mouse wheel up or you will get unknown command errors, after mouse wheeling down once, just zone anywhere and it instantly works, full zoom in and out, you have to paste the command: /bind wheelminus fov55 and rinse rpeat this cycle for each character but it works now with new install, took hours to figure out but works, couldn't be happier
  • Options
    mryuzmryuz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 71
    edited September 2013
    or to make things easier..

/gfxSetDefaultFOV 90
  • Options
    dragonzbane777dragonzbane777 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Fixed one of my biggest pet peeves in the game, good job! :D
  • Options
    doobius42141doobius42141 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Pow! Just like that this game became so much more playable for me. Thanks!
    I'm a newbie.
  • Options
    tinukedatinukeda Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Sorry for a side-question, but does anyone know if you can setup something to automatically run some commands when the game starts? I like to turn on showfps and netgraph while playing but am tired of issuing the command every time. Any pro-tips?
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    tinukeda wrote: »
    Sorry for a side-question, but does anyone know if you can setup something to automatically run some commands when the game starts? I like to turn on showfps and netgraph while playing but am tired of issuing the command every time. Any pro-tips?

you could either bind those commands to a key or you could try entering them into the command field in the launcher options. except instead of using the / you would use -showfps -netgraph

worth a shot.

and i'd do the wheel scroll thing if i didn't think i'd accidentally hit it when i didn't want it to scroll and get myself killed in the process.
  • Options
    marcioandremarcioandre Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Ok, thank you for the tip but now I want to reverse this. I want to manually set my FOV, and let the mouse wheel again to zoom in or out in Inspect mode. Thing is, with this scheme going on, it steals Inspect mode mouse wheel function, and zooms in to the character face instead of whole body.

Thanks
  • Options
    fr0gurtfr0gurt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Ok, thank you for the tip but now I want to reverse this. I want to manually set my FOV, and let the mouse wheel again to zoom in or out in Inspect mode. Thing is, with this scheme going on, it steals Inspect mode mouse wheel function, and zooms in to the character face instead of whole body.

Thanks

Here's a fix for Inspect Mode I came up with a while ago.
  • Options
    marcioandremarcioandre Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    fr0gurt wrote: »
    Here's a fix for Inspect Mode I came up with a while ago.

Thanks! :D
  • Options
    karlodunkarlodun Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    does it still work?