test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Keybind bugged? or just me.

itchyboto808itchyboto808 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
edited June 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
Everytime I log in I get different keybinds. I have 3,4, and 5 for belt 6 for mount and 7 for artifact everyday I log on it changes usually my most common combo is 4,4, and 5 for the belt and 7 for both mount and artifact. Can i get a fix please I have 5 toons and it's getting annoying to have to change it EVERYDAY!
Post edited by itchyboto808 on

Comments

• Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Press ESC key - > choose OPTIONs.
    Klick "Keybinding" button.
    Set the keys to the way you want.
    Click Apply or OK button.

The reason for this confusion is that Cryptic changed the default key binds:

It used to be Tray items 1, 2 and 3 were bound to 3, 4, 5 and 6 was your mount.

When they changed the defaults, they set Artifact on old characters to key 7. But the new default is shifted right by one...

The new default has the Artifact key as 3, Item trays are now 4, 5, and 6 and Mount is now 7.

NEW characters will have the NEW default keys. OLD characters maintain the OLD keys. This forces you to mentally shift gears depending which you;re platting. So it's better to manually change the new character (or old characters) to match the other.
  • Options
    itchyboto808itchyboto808 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I tied the above post, and still get my keybinds reset when I log on. Is it just me this is happening too?
  • Options
    j0shi82j0shi82 Member Posts: 622 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yeah having a similar problem on one of my chars: Default keybinds are 4,4,5,6,7 for the Item Power Tray, Mount and Artifact. When I assign 3 to the first item, it moves the others to 3,5,5,6,7. I choose four for the second, it goes 3,4,6,6,7. Then 3,4,5,7,7 and finally 4,4,5,6,7 again.
  • Options
    tersivaltersival Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I tried to reset my keybinds, only when I change Encounter #1 it changes both Encounter #1 and Daily #1 to the same key! Same with #2.

I reset to defaults, apply, try again, same thing. Reset, log out, log in, try again, same thing.

I want to like Neverwinter but the UI straightjacket drives me insane.

Please fix this!
  • Options
    meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    j0shi82 wrote: »
    snip

I've this exact problem. Resetting keybinds does/changes nothing.
  • Options
    bloodyvcbloodyvc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    meirami wrote: »
    I've this exact problem. Resetting keybinds does/changes nothing.

Same problem, the workaround for me is setting the artifact to "Z" key :-)
  • Options
    danticdantic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It constantly resets my keybinds, as well.
    I use a Naga mouse, and I like my potion slots on 1, 2, 3 and my encounters on 4, 5, 6.
    It keeps resetting my third potion slot to 6, which is where I usually keep my regen potion, and changing it in keybinds always resets my right encounter power on the 6 key, even if I set both initially, it doesn't apply it correctly.
    The only way I can make it work is to re-bind 3 to my potions, completely exit the options menu, reopen the menu and then add a keybind to my right encounter power slot for the 6 key. Doing this for 5 characters, every time I want to run dailies is a pain.
  • Options
    jeassajeassa Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    tersival wrote: »
    I tried to reset my keybinds, only when I change Encounter #1 it changes both Encounter #1 and Daily #1 to the same key! Same with #2.

I reset to defaults, apply, try again, same thing. Reset, log out, log in, try again, same thing.

I want to like Neverwinter but the UI straightjacket drives me insane.

Please fix this!

THIS! i'm trying to love the game but it's driving me insane that i simply CANNOT change my encounter/daily buttons.
    Everytime i change daily1 or encounter1 they both change... ive been trying for hours/searching for answers but i get nothing.
  • Options
    captainpoopscaptainpoops Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'm having this exact issue, and it's making me incredibly angry. It's more than just having to reset keybinds everyday. That would be annoying, but I could live with it. But the fact that it is physically impossible for me to set up the keybinds the way that I want is maddening. Of course, bug reports (and most likely this forum post will do the same) seem to fall upon deaf ears. Luckily, they keybinds are set up properly on my main toon, so this game is not completely useless. But I'm not going to sit there happily with 5 character slots full of toons I don't want to play because Neverwinter can't fix one goddamned thing without breaking another. I'm considering being done with the whole **** game, and that's upsetting seeing as how I have dropped a not small amount of cash on this game.

Just because it's a F2P game doesn't mean that there aren't paying customers. Fix the goddamned ****.
  • Options
    karlodunkarlodun Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Had same problems with my GF, until I stopped playing it....
    worst thing which happened: the keybinds did not work even while I was setting them. They were changing all the time, very often to Joy+something (I don't have a joystick).
    Probably I'll try my GF soon again, and maybe it is fixed already...