test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How do I move the item Need Greed windows UI to another location ?

powrslavepowrslave Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
edited June 2014 in PvE Discussion
How do I move the item Need Greed windows UI to another location?

I don't want them all down the middle of my screen while fighting, annoying.
Post edited by powrslave on

Comments

• Options
    suddenlyslowsuddenlyslow Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I have been many times "loot blind" where I cannot see what is going on because some fool clicked every green drop during a battle.
  • Options
    ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I made a post o this long ago, and it infuriated me! In a dungeon tanking and Im trying to keep an eye on my party and my surroundings and all the sudden someone start looting and I get 3-4 pop ups on my screen blocking everything....

Then you have to spam Shift +2 20 times!

EDIT: Be nice to have an auto greed setting!
    Shieldbash 60 GF ~ Iron Vanguard 19.0k
    Overpowered 60 CW ~ Thaumaturge 14.5k
    ==========================================

~ GF Buffs were great we are much better, please fix the bugs now... Thank you!
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The only answer to this is the request of a Player Option to set "Auto-Greed" or "Auto-Pass" so these stupid rilling pup-ups stop popping-up (or immediately vanish). It can be way beyond irritating during combat, especially boss fight were red circles can 1-Hit kill you or close to it - and you miss the appearance of said circle because of those damned Need/Greed/Pass option widgets.

For crying out loud for the sake of all sanity: @DEVS: ADD THE OPTION. PLEASE. "AUTOMTICALLY-PASS".
  • Options
    colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Try the Dread legion skirmish. It is almost guaranteed, that there is (usually it is a HR, no clue why) a player that insists on picking up every single green item in the middle of a huge mob pull. This is highly annoying in itself already, so we should at least be able to re-adjust the location of said pop ups in our HUD.

• Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Try the Dread legion skirmish. It is almost guaranteed, that there is (usually it is a HR, no clue why) a player that insists on picking up every single green item in the middle of a huge mob pull. This is highly annoying in itself already, so we should at least be able to re-adjust the location of said pop ups in our HUD.

I keep seeing these quotes about players who pick up green items being some sort of sin or annoyance. This may be true for the hard-core gamers or no-lifers out there, but we casual players like to pick up green items because it is free coinage!

I'll take what I can get, green item or not! :P
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    myowmyow wrote: »
    I keep seeing these quotes about players who pick up green items being some sort of sin or annoyance. This may be true for the hard-core gamers or no-lifers out there, but we casual players like to pick up green items because it is free coinage!

I agree with this. I don't blame the players at all and I think they should be able to snag what they can when they can. I blame the Devs for not providing a way for those of us who prefer to NOT roll on these things with a way to simply turn the whole system OFF. I'll pick-up loot from my solo ventures and I'd rather just ignore all loot from group-play.

I know I don't speak for everyone, but I'm pretty sure I speak for a lot of people on this. Give us a way to just OPT-OUT of the whole need/greed/pass-speal.
  • Options
    aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I don't want an auto-greed, because then I'd be filling my inventory with blue and green loots I'd normally pass. Auto pass by color would be OK, except for green enchants and blue shards.

Moving to the side would be nice. THe ability to tell the difference between enchants from mobs and enchants from my Fey Blessing would be nice too.
  • Options
    suddenlyslowsuddenlyslow Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    myowmyow wrote: »

I didn't mean it in a negative way about green items in general, I meant it more in the sense of "no hurry during a fight to loot those green items" (or any item in general unless you fear a wipe and loot timer expiration). What happens is I get a screen full of loot rolls (often greens that people let stand till they nearly expire on the roll countdown) and I have difficulty seeing what is going on or using the shift method instead of a cursor click will cause me to perform actions that may not be desirable. It is mostly during the action that I am most annoyed by these.
  • Options
    radiotubbyradiotubby Member Posts: 36
    edited June 2014
    Hit "esc", click "rearrange HUD" and set your desire layout.

I think this is what OP asked for.
  • Options
    axxartzaerdthaxxartzaerdth Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Press esc during the loot result will dismiss the loot result window
  • Options
    ecd13moonsagoecd13moonsago Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I made a post o this long ago, and it infuriated me! In a dungeon tanking and Im trying to keep an eye on my party and my surroundings and all the sudden someone start looting and I get 3-4 pop ups on my screen blocking everything....

Then you have to spam Shift +2 20 times!

EDIT: Be nice to have an auto greed setting!

I would love an auto greed setting, I usually greed on all greens and on most blues. Until they implement a feature like that, I have set a single key for need(Z) and greed(`), so I can speedily pick and get the stupid windows out of my way(plus I no longer accidentally burn a daily if I fumble hitting shift).
    13moonsago - Half Elf - Divine Oracle DC
    Serena Moonshadow - Wood Elf - Stormwarden HR
    Lanfear - Moon Elf - Spellstorm Mage CW
    Allana - Halfling - Iron Vanguard GWF
    Beka Cooper - Moon Elf - Master Infiltrator TR
  • Options
    justsyndrajustsyndra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    radiotubby wrote: »
    Hit "esc", click "rearrange HUD" and set your desire layout.

I think this is what OP asked for.

Not exactly. Moving the Loot info there only moves the results. What he (and others) want is a way to move the actual window where you choose Need/Greed/Pass. You cannot currently move that.
    No longer playing Neverwinter.
  • Options
    powrslavepowrslave Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Yes
    Justsyndra