test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Any use for Protector's Garden & Throne of the Lion?

bardaaronbardaaron Member Posts: 545 Bounty Hunter
edited June 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
They are purple rares, but from the description, all the throne is good for is just sitting in, doing nothing, and there's nothing in the Protector's garden that isn't available elsewhere in the Protector's Enclave. Am I missing something, or are these just vanity items?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by bardaaron on

Comments

• bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    bardaaron wrote: »
    They are purple rares, but from the description, all the throne is good for is just sitting in, doing nothing, and there's nothing in the Protector's garden that isn't available elsewhere in the Protector's Enclave. Am I missing something, or are these just vanity items?

Nope - they're just fluff items.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    If you have to ask then probably no for you. I personally find the Garden *perfect* for my AD Farming camper toons.
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I'm hoping the Protectors Garden won't have any dancing naked idiots, or spell spammers, or spinning mounts.
  • atlaskeanatlaskean Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 36
    edited June 2014
    Removed by user
  • bardaaronbardaaron Member Posts: 545 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    If you have to ask then probably no for you. I personally find the Garden *perfect* for my AD Farming camper toons.

How does it help?

Also, Which of the items, if any, have an actual, practical use? The companion seems like the only thing that even has potential.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    bardaaron wrote: »
    How does it help?

Also, Which of the items, if any, have an actual, practical use? The companion seems like the only thing that even has potential.

The garden has a mail courier, AH vendor, tradebar vendor, general store, shrine/campfire, and so on - so you could just park them up there and invoke or sell/auction off stuff you didn't need. I generally use the shrine area between the 2 red curved staircases in PE to accomplish the same thing - only I'd have to switch to the gateway to sell items or trek to a vendor to sell items I don't need.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    atlaskean wrote: »
    ..or going AFK for a second only to come back and see that some prepubescent little moron is mock humping you with his horse mount?

Exactly why I wish I could use the Foundry to design my own personal player housing, with guests invitation-only. Even the VIP portion of the Mask is no escape.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    All the vendors are near each other (and if you're on your mount - you are not unmounted - even the Mail vendor) - there is a overworld map portal to any zone near the Invoking circle and it's very close to the Market in case you need to go buy Professions resources and whatnot (just ride your mount over the side).

For those with level 60 "Camping AD Farmers" (Invoking, Professions, rarely actually play content with these) it's the perfect place to park them. That's how it's "useful". Beyond that not so much.

This is what I meant when I said "if you haves to ask" - meaning you probably don't have any "parked camping AD farmer" toons yet - or not for very long yet, because anyone who has parked Invoker/Professions AD farmers will know the massive value (usefulness) of the Garden area. :)
  • oddzoddz Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    how much Ad is it wort if lets say you could salvage it ?
  • rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited June 2014

I farmed 20 keys only to find they've put the same vendors (and an invocation spot) in the VIP area of the Moonstone Mask! All that farming for relatively nothing, heh. I could've been up to my eyeballs in traveling entertainers. Oh well.
  • ulvielulviel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 741 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    What are you guys talking about? I do not care much about the garden, but the throne is so epic I can't even describe it! Epicess of this one thing is just stunning. I admit it would be even better with four half-naked slaves (mabe cute drow? with nice abs *drooling*) to carry it.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Why would you salvage it? The BoE versions are selling for 300,000+ AD. And in the time it takes to grind out the 3000 tokens for the BoP version. You can make more AD doing other stuff then any salvage value you might get.
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The only handy thing is that it's closer to the bank for Farmers. Otherwise, all the other vendors are not useful at all. You can buy profession resources via the gateway without moving your toon, you can sell excess stuff that way too. All I do with my many farmer alts, especially once they're lvl 60 (generally, by Leadership exclusively) is log them in for 5 seconds in order to Invoke once a day in the morning before going to work. That's it. Proximity to vendors and portals is useless.

Now. if the Garden had a Bank as well as the other stuff, I'd park my alts there, but as it is... probably not.
  • zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    kvet wrote: »
    Now. if the Garden had a Bank as well as the other stuff, I'd park my alts there, but as it is... probably not.

U just need to make one freaking jump to get to bank, too lazy for that?

• pandora1xpandora1x Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    eldarth wrote: »
    I'm hoping the Protectors Garden won't have any dancing naked idiots, or spell spammers, or spinning mounts.
    atlaskean wrote: »
    ..or going AFK for a second only to come back and see that some prepubescent little moron is mock humping you with his horse mount?

Lost it.

I think the garden will reduce what you guys are fearing. I doubt the trolls farmed the key or even the event. I'm sure a small portion did though. But if someone annoys you, you can switch instances unlike the Mask.
    edited June 2014
    U just need to make one freaking jump to get to bank, too lazy for that?

Yes, as a matter of fact. I only bother to log my farmer alts in long enough to hit CTRL+I and occasionally.. VERY occasionally, I use the account bank to offload something I want in storage but don't feel like cluttering up my mail with. So, like I said, don't need the garden for my farmers. If some completely repressed 10 year old wants to use my avatar as a humping dummy for the 10 seconds I'm online with those toons.. I really just couldn't care less. I'd guess 10 seconds is all he needs anyway, so I guess I'm glad to help.......
  • sihvebisihvebi Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Lag free sanctuary with minimal unnecessary zone chat. Most amenities within a few steps. This is an oasis for those of us who spend a lot of time working Professions and well worth a few days of skirmishes and/or daily quests. Considering the ease of the tasks the rewards are more than generous. Anybody who was expecting more valuable rewards should be working dungeons and pvp glory rather than entertaining events for players of all levels and experience.
    Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock.
  • pandora1xpandora1x Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It would be cool if they add a Trade of Blades Ambassador and also a Neverember representative so we could grab both PVP dailies (And other dailies from the Lord) !
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    sihvebi wrote: »
    Lag free sanctuary with minimal unnecessary zone chat.

It's still part of PE so the area its in will still be subject to zone chat and lag
    edited June 2014
    *cough* Zone Chat???? I've had that disabled so long, I'm not sure I can remember how to turn it on.

NO! don't tell me. I don't want to know! Really. I surgically removed the memories with a spoon, so don't make me have to drill ANOTHER hole in my head.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    kvet wrote: »
    *cough* Zone Chat???? I've had that disabled so long, I'm not sure I can remember how to turn it on.

NO! don't tell me. I don't want to know! Really. I surgically removed the memories with a spoon, so don't make me have to drill ANOTHER hole in my head.

I hear ya about the PE zone chat. Waiter? I'll have some benzene please, with a splash of absinthe. That should kill the memory cells nice and dead.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured