Options

BenedictO's GWF Destroyer PVP build/ item guide Mod 3

smishmintsmishmint Member Posts: 27 Arc User
edited August 2014 in The Militia Barracks

Comments

• Options
    nuitrarinuitrari Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Great guide, very detailed and informative.
    Good job!
  • Options
    nuitrarinuitrari Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    What do you think about Sigil of the Controller artifact (300 Power, 300 Critical, 400 Control resist) instead of Defender's banner?
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    It's a hard choice to make.
    300 Power
    300 Critical
    400 Control Resist

or

300 Defense
    300 Regeneration
    400 Healing Bonus

The healing bonus applies to regeneration. And Regeneration is a higher valued stat that power or crit. However between Defense, Power, and Crit, I'm not sure which one is more valuable. Control Resist is more valued that Bonus healing, simply because it will add about 5% to CC resist, which will have a more pronounced affect than +5% healing, especially when not playing with a DC.

Overall, I like the Defender's Banner over the Controller artifact. But if you're not using 4-set Profound and you're not using a 2-set weapon, then the extra critical strike starts looking nice. On the other hand, a gear loadout like that will typically have higher HPs which benefit more from regeneration.

The competitive scene in this game is very undeveloped and with that, what the most successful players use are less indicative of what is the best possible gear loadout. With that said, if you take a look at the first few pages of the leadersboards, you're not going to find many of the GWFs using the Controller Artifact. But, I think it's more a personal preference thing.
  • Options
    akotohkaideakotohkaide Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    you didn't mention what CLass Feature/Active feats you are using
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Thanks for noticing akotohkaide, I did miss that and have updated the guide.
  • Options
    docj0rdocj0r Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Hello! Great post and thank you very much for spending the time to share your wisdom and choices, much rep.

I have for the last months been learning, and spent alot of time, glory and AD actually figuring this stuff out the hard way.. I got most of the sets listed, though my enchants are only R8 (I'll get there eventually..)

I'm still much one the bench about the choices to make, I don't do premade, and my experiences are not giving a clear result.

I have the high deflect, balanced defense / Tenacity with low regen and moderate ArP set (profound sent)
    High hp with lower deflect and balanced defense (grim mix)
    Medium defense, low deflect but high crit and ArP (Heroic duelist)
    Now I have been experimenting with a High regen and moderate HP / Deflect set - I got the 2 pieces of purified BI gear, 39k hp 1800 Regen and 30% deflect..

I can't figure what to use, I can't gauge where the regen is paying off at all, apart from the gaps between fights.

In my experience, decent HP and high deflect / defense (profound sent) seems to be the most consistently reliable and performing for the general forms of PVP. Sometimes you will still get whacked by a GWF with Vorpal and you don't deflect, it just happens and I'm not sure how you can counter that, perhaps some fights you just lose?

What's your opinion on those setups?
  • Options
    bucklittlebucklittle Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Balancing deflect, defense, tenacity, and regen comes down a lot to your playstyle. Hit Points will be your most important stat on a Destroyer, easily more important than Regeneration.

It just happens to be the case that the cheaper items that have +Hit Points also have Regeneration. But also consider that, the higher your defense and deflect, the more valuable Regeneration becomes.
  • Options
    pemmapemma Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    im really new still so i hope this isnt a dumb question, but why as your default pvp set up you use roar instead of frontline surge? I know it says either, but frontline surge seems SO much stronger
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Roar currently has a small root and silence effect to it. Ordinarily I wouldn't say it's better than frontline surge even with the root, but because we pick up the feat Relentless Battle Fury, which reduces Roar's cooldown by 50% and increases damage by 25%, it ends up being better for destroyer. Raor's cooldown ends up being slightly less than half of frontline surge.
  • Options
    pemmapemma Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    thank you for the explanation :)

your picture of used abilities also shows you using avalanche instead of indom. strength, are there certain situations where you interchange the two?

Sorry, im seriously new. I just hit 52 on my GWF and been following your build to the T and haven't pvp'd once lol. Probably premature questions
  • Options
    rotatorkufrotatorkuf Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    how do you get all that recharge speed increase but you only hvae like 600 recovery?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    The displayed recharge speed comes from the Destroyer path Feat "Relentless Battle Fury".

The displayed recharge speed isn't the actual recharge speed for all abilities. It only applies to the ones listed in the Feat: Roar, Takedown, and Battle fury. So for other abilities, just subtract 50% from what you see.
  • Options
    mrsax93mrsax93 Member Posts: 32
    edited July 2014
    Hi this is the best guide to build a warrior fighter?
    or there are other?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    My guide is aimed at the Great Weapon Fighter for PVP.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    smishmint wrote: »
    My guide is aimed at the Great Weapon Fighter for PVP.
    oh well I was wondering if he was good even in the dungeons of the castle that it is extremely difficult or with these settings is not good character?
    and tell me if you apport other changes to the warrior fighter.

PS.
    sorry for my bad english i use translate :(
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I've used him in PVE before. In general compared to a GWF specced/geared specifically for PVE, you will get around 30%~ less damage. Although you will still be doing far more damage than a Sentinel GWF
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I've used him in PVE before. In general compared to a GWF specced/geared specifically for PVE, you will get around 30%~ less damage. Although you will still be doing far more damage than a Sentinel GWF
    Thanks.
    Can you tell me why your critical strike is only 938 D: ? (its not too low because all have 4000 of it xD ?)
    and why you use a weist and rings rare and not epic?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    The picture your talking about isn't a realistic representation of stats you can get in a domination arena and includes things like an augment companion turned on. All of the 4 pictures I include at the bottom on the guide are with all potions/exilers/augments turned off and are stats that are realistic in a domination arena.

The picture with 938 just happen to be items to get as much health points as possible for me which was the intention of the picture, which is why critical strike is low. Although depending on whether your using PVE 2-set weapons or heroic duels 4-set will depend on how high your critical strike is. It's okay to have low critical strike in mod 3 because we use the Greater Plague Fire enchantment instead of Vorpal.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    The picture your talking about isn't a realistic representation of stats you can get in a domination arena and includes things like an augment companion turned on. All of the 4 pictures I include at the bottom on the guide are with all potions/exilers/augments turned off and are stats that are realistic in a domination arena.

The picture with 938 just happen to be items to get as much health points as possible for me which was the intention of the picture, which is why critical strike is low. Although depending on whether your using PVE 2-set weapons or heroic duels 4-set will depend on how high your critical strike is. It's okay to have low critical strike in mod 3 because we use the Greater Plague Fire enchantment instead of Vorpal.
    the helm of istigator i can take it to: kyrian foss ?
    i'm asking you because the image of it is different (if you has used a trasmutation)
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    None of the items in my pictures are 'transmutation'. My grim sentinel set is dyed.
    I only place I know of to get the instigator grim/profound gear is in The Trade Of Blades building in Protector's Enclave.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    ok.
    last:
    you have write every enchantments slot attack and defence of every item? (helm ring weist ecc)