test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Advice wanted on Defensive Companion Bonus

fmultifmulti Member Posts: 59
edited June 2014 in The Library
Hello guys.

So I'm a highly AoE, DoT oriented CW, who deals a whole lot of dmg, but also draws a whole lot of agro. That's my main issue: unless there's a very good tank in the group, I more often than not end up dying by imps and the such. I do have an ok lifesteal (1,500-ish) and 25% dmg mitigation. Still, now I'm about to fill up my last pet slot and I'd like something that helps my survivability. Currently I thinking of: Something that helps with ressurrection (I own a normal Soulforged); Chicken; or Will-o'-wisp. Do you guys have any insights / suggestions?
Post edited by fmulti on

Comments

• ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Advice, let a tank agro those type of mobs first if you can't 1 shot them.
  • fmultifmulti Member Posts: 59
    edited June 2014
    I can one shot them, problem is, some times they come at the wrong moments. ;) And of course there are other threats, I ust used them as a figure of speach.
  • thewindsagethewindsage Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I hate imps, but without them it would be kind of boring.

Try to get the timing down so you know about when they are going to arrive, then you have to hold back one of your AOE spells like Icy just to kill them off. I also have the Owl pet for the -25% aggro and it works wonders for some things, but it will not stop freshly spawned imps from coming for you.
  • abaddon523abaddon523 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Cave Bear will give you 1200 more HP if you fully upgrade it.

Just in general you should also trade in some of your defense for more hit points. HP provides a much better return on investment than defense even without taking diminishing returns into account (i.e., 1600 more HP is about a 5% increase in durability, whereas 300 defense is about a 2.5% increase in durability, so HP enchants are about twice as useful). I used to die a lot more than I cared for, also. Then I pumped my HP up to ~30k. Pairing that with 1500ish lifesteal makes me pretty dang hard to kill in PvE. It allows me to occasionally slip up and take a big hit from Valindra, the Dracolich or Fulminorax without triggering my soulforge then I can fill my HP right back up with a few spells.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]