test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ridiculous Gear score

adsfelipeadsfelipe Member Posts: 115 Arc User
edited June 2014 in The Thieves' Den
How you guys have 15k gs?

my rogue whit full pvp T2 set... Full enchants lvl 7... lesser vorpal and soulforged + ion stone full enhchant lvl7
my gs 12.890
so i take of enchant and guess what.. soulforged and vorpal dont gives GS..
i habe two artifacts rare (blue)

i have 100% sharandar campaing and 43% dread ring,,,

PLESE theach me be 15k gs!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    adsfelipe wrote: »

my rogue whit full pvp T2 set... Full enchants lvl 7... lesser vorpal and soulforged + ion stone full enhchant lvl7
    my gs 12.890

three epic artifacts
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • f2pnwf2pnw Member Posts: 98
    edited February 2014
    adsfelipe wrote: »

my gs 12.890

weapon sets cn,mc,vt.feats can help to like extra hp and crit chance.700hp boon,and get more pets some even raise for 100pts
  • midnightitamidnightita Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    three epic artifacts, rank 10 enchantmens, full campaign, 4 epic pets + Ioun stone?

GG WP
  • xyntrynz1axyntrynz1a Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 243 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    The Stone helps alot
    All of it's stats add to your stats and that increases the Gear Score.

I am at 14K. Only way I can improve more is by upping my enchantments and/or Artifacts.
    Scoundrel Trickster Rogue
    Leaving dead question marks everywhere
  • midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    xyntrynz1a wrote: »
    The Stone helps alot
    All of it's stats add to your stats and that increases the Gear Score.

I am at 14K. Only way I can improve more is by upping my enchantments and/or Artifacts.

False. The only thing from the stone that affects your gear score is its health. The actual stats it adds does nothing for your gear score.
  • adsfelipeadsfelipe Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    f2pnw wrote: »
    weapon sets cn,mc,vt.feats can help to like extra hp and crit chance.700hp boon,and get more pets some even raise for 100pts

whts the name of the pet??

those who buy by gold.. just give like 20 points.. and that rare (pvp) gives nothing.. even a single point
  • sprawlfxsprawlfx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Example of pet.. Armored Orc Wolf from the upcoming CtA Orc Assault gives +100 Crit as active bonus. This counts toward gear score. It's not the same as an augment, for whatever reason.
  • xyntrynz1axyntrynz1a Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 243 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    False. The only thing from the stone that affects your gear score is its health. The actual stats it adds does nothing for your gear score.

Interestings, Thanks for the correction and now that you mention this. I do remember scratching my head on why my stats increased but not my gear score by a lot.
  • zokirzokir Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Gear score depends on your ability rolls, feats, boons, gear, enchantments, and artifacts.

Sharandar 1st and 2nd boon combined give 500, and if you get HP from the 3rd it gives about 182.
    Dread Ring 1st and 2nd boon combined give 375, and an additional 250 if you choose ArPen for 3rd.

Three epic artifacts give quite a bit. For example, I have:
    BCRS rank 89: 570 gs
    Waters rank 74: 775 gs
    Lantern rank 60: 483 gs

Wearing one armor set will give you 450, and wearing two 2-piece sets will give you 900.
    Having a weapon set will give you 450.

There's a lot of things that can be done to increase your gearscore.
    zokir.png
    Hyenas@zokir - Essence of Aggression
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    HP feat, boons, artifacts and companions.

IMO GS doesn't really matter and becomes some kind of showoff thing as you reach 14k+ for TR. Just don't go full re...I mean don't stack two pieces of MC and VT sets to get more Gear Score :P
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    ignore this double post.
  • thrufuthrufu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Talking about ridiculous GS, yesterday I say a 20k CW.

Dread Legion+Fabled Set + Fallen Dragon Set + Hrimnir Set + All Rank 10 + 3 Legendary Artifacts
  • chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I know that guy :D

that said I'm 16k CW... only 200 from pets (cat).

Rank 8s, then 95 lantern, 81 waters, 83 book.

lots of things effect GS, that's why sheer GS means next to nothing. Distribution is more important, and skills most important.
    edited February 2014
    thrufu wrote: »

Dread Legion+Fabled Set + Fallen Dragon Set + Hrimnir Set + All Rank 10 + 3 Legendary Artifacts

Someone has spent a lot of real money on this game
    :cool:
  • thrufuthrufu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    xyntrynz1a wrote: »
    Someone has spent a lot of real money on this game
    :cool:

Ah, and mounted on a Legendary Emperor Beetle !!! :eek:
  • jinadujinadu Member Posts: 65
    edited February 2014
    Gear score doesn't mean anything if you suck at the game... Stats do not equal skill dude.

At 12k+ gearscore your probably better than some TRs at 15k+
  • chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Yesterday i played with a 9.7k DC who healed better than 95% of 15k DCs. I inspected him and I was like wow - simply put. That guy could play.
  • stefzeer9010stefzeer9010 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Yesterday i played with some GF guy , he had 17.2k GS with 2 blue artifacts and shirt and pants were not slotted with enchants.
    He had stone (still blue). Idk how he managed that gs :D
    Do keep ever present in your thoughts, my friend, that an illusion can kill you if you believe in it.
    And the real thing can kill you whether you believe in it or not.
  • pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    thrufu wrote: »

Almost all the choices that guy made are to increase GS, and not gameplay efficiency.

Should tell you something about how important GS is (not much lol).

- CWs wearing 2/2 for +900 power are pretty much bad (and selfish!) players. Increase personal DPS by a bit, who cares about party buffs/debuff :\ Because why not, it's better to leech off other HV/SW CWs.
    - pets that increase stats are not that efficient, but meh, whatever, to each their own I suppose

A CW with HV, full r9s, 3 epic artifacts and no stat pets is about 16K.

Conclusion?

Gear up for efficiency, not for GS. Don't be a bad player.
  • jinadujinadu Member Posts: 65
    edited February 2014
    Yesterday i played with some GF guy , he had 17.2k GS with 2 blue artifacts and shirt and pants were not slotted with enchants.
    He had stone (still blue). Idk how he managed that gs :D

I have seen a GF with 22k gear score... They get extra GS from their shield which gives them AC + a ton of defense stats.
  • pitasgrpitasgr Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    So what you're saying is farm a sick amount of AD to buy those artifacts or give a random amount of money for lockboxes until u get them and the pvp ones also cost too much glory .. **** , there should be at least lesser power artifacts to fill those slots and get a minor boost
    edited June 2014
    I've seen a bunch of players with all Rank 10's and also Legendary IWD artifacts lately.
    They either spent a lot of real money, or farm so much that they don't do anything else but play NW
  • rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It's not all about rank 10. I've hit the 16K mark and soon would breach 17K at the extremes while wearing rank 7 enchantments! Most of this GS owe a great deal to boons, choosing stats wisely in your artifacts, making sure none of those numbers are wasted in movement/CA bonus etc...not that these are bad, just mathematically speaking. But at the end of the day, the skill bracket would probably equate a 3000 worth of GS, meaning you could still outskill an enemy with that much better gear than you if the moons are aligned in your favor.
  • jugoyajugoya Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I've only just hit the 10k mark, but then again I don't play that often.
    I suppose I need to start farming enchantments.. my highest is a level 7.
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I just use rank 5 enchants for now XD I need to get myself some money and get at least rank 7 ones
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    pers3phone wrote: »
    Almost all the choices that guy made are to increase GS, and not gameplay efficiency.

Should tell you something about how important GS is (not much lol).

- CWs wearing 2/2 for +900 power are pretty much bad (and selfish!) players. Increase personal DPS by a bit, who cares about party buffs/debuff :\ Because why not, it's better to leech off other HV/SW CWs.
    - pets that increase stats are not that efficient, but meh, whatever, to each their own I suppose

A CW with HV, full r9s, 3 epic artifacts and no stat pets is about 16K.

Conclusion?

Gear up for efficiency, not for GS. Don't be a bad player.

^ Totally agree. I'm a TR. I finished IWD today and finally saw my GS in the 17k tier, and could probably squeeze way much more with stat companions BUT that wasn't really efficient. It was more effective to balance out the stats properly, minding the diminishing returns, and look at the % instead of the flat GS. I achieved the best percentages at just above 16K. This tells you GS matters less. Look at the percentages.
  • lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I'm in favor of deleting the "Gear Score", I've seen many players trying to get a very high GS in any possible way with a very bad stats distribution or wrong artifacts for his class. Feats/Companions shouldn't add GS. In this way, most players would be interested in build their character properly.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance