test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

My PVP Experience Today

cryptfoundationcryptfoundation Member Posts: 342 Arc User
edited June 2014 in PvE Discussion
Okay so today I had the funniest experience in pvp today. So I was in Protectors Enclave and I seen this GWF dude with some wicked BI gear. I inspected it so I could see the dye he used and while in that process I noticed he had a 19.2k GS. Now being casual I didn't speak to him but I was thinking **** he probably makes pugs cry if he does pug pvp. Since I was on my 12.2k GS TR I was pretty amazed at his GS. I decide that it would be fun if I did my dailies before doing some business and so I queue. Please explain to me how messed up the queue system could be for me to end up on the same team as this dude. I was crying laughing, we ended up against some pugs who were prob 7-10k GS because I could take on 2 at a time and I'm not a perma stealth. This wasn't the first time this happened either.... The second time this happened was when I was politely reading the forums like gods angel and stuff.. Anyway, I see this thread asking how a TR made it to 17k when this particular person was struggling to make it to 14k. I was like "Yeah okay typical liar wanting info but to afraid to ask for it" then I'm doing my dailies getting my jam on when I'm matched with A 17k GS TR. I don't understand what the opposing pugs did to god but how much luck do you have to have to get set up against 17-19k GS players. Anywho I can bicker for hours but I can't stretch my point that this is why so many nerf calls are made. I mean what's up with this system? I thought having a team with a 7k GS pug was bad but oh my god did it get worse? Just sharing my experiences and thanks for listening :)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    spongebob56spongebob56 Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    There are valid balance issues with PvP currently. That is different than that matchmaking though. A little ways back they tried to implement an ELO matchmaking system but I believe they turned it off. While it was on the queue times were horrid (like waiting up to an hour or more to get in a match).

A better system, rather than matching people by gear score, is to turn off enchantments, potting, and artifact stat bonuses in PvP (not artifact use though). This would result in far less gear disparity. But it is doubtful this will occur since there is money involved.
  • Options
    slushpsychoslushpsycho Member Posts: 657 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    It is solo queue, you can win game by afk at camp fire because you might just have a team that can 4 v 5 easy.

When I solo queue I just follow the most geared/skilled player and net kill around him :D If I am alone I get chased by everybody cause I am a delicious CW.
  • Options
    pandora1xpandora1x Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I have a funny one too.

There's this troll Guardian Fighter with 500ish GS (Yes, 500) that keeps running around ruining people's PVP. I met him twice so far. He'd equip gray (GRAY! not even white) quality items and go try to kill people. I think he has a vendetta against the queue system or something. The two times I met him our team either laughed or raged at him. Funniest thing I've ever witnessed. He taunted us with "Get gs nub" "low gs scrub team" etc etc.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    pandora1x wrote: »
    I have a funny one too.

There's this troll Guardian Fighter with 500ish GS (Yes, 500) that keeps running around ruining people's PVP. I met him twice so far. He'd equip gray (GRAY! not even white) quality items and go try to kill people. I think he has a vendetta against the queue system or something. The two times I met him our team either laughed or raged at him. Funniest thing I've ever witnessed. He taunted us with "Get gs nub" "low gs scrub team" etc etc.

Best GF in game. Confirmed. Real pro don't need GS.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Best GF in game. Confirmed. Real pro don't need GS.

I really hope you meet him one day. It's seriously so **** hilarious. At least he prones people outta the node for a few secs ! XD
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I really hope you meet him one day. It's seriously so **** hilarious. At least he prones people outta the node for a few secs ! XD

Name, handle plz?
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Name, handle plz?

I'll PM since we can't "name and shame" on forums. I don't remember handle just portion of his name.
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    As long as the ELO produces 1000:0-100 matches it can't be taken seriously. There are also still matches in which you can't even get min points for glory.

/leave party
    /switch char
    /roll dice again
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I have a funny one too.

ROFL People just troll sometimes.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    There are valid balance issues with PvP currently. That is different than that matchmaking though. A little ways back they tried to implement an ELO matchmaking system but I believe they turned it off. While it was on the queue times were horrid (like waiting up to an hour or more to get in a match).

A better system, rather than matching people by gear score, is to turn off enchantments, potting, and artifact stat bonuses in PvP (not artifact use though). This would result in far less gear disparity. But it is doubtful this will occur since there is money involved.
    I dunno, I mean this does lead to the main gear problem but it also leads to more money as you said. However if this is done no one in PVP will even bother getting enchanted or artifacts on to of that you'll have 12k GS GWF going against 7k GS CW/TRs because GWFs gear naturally has more stats. This could lead to even further nerf cries
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    All sorts of things happen in pugs..

Sometimes you crush, sometimes your crushed.

Ive been on teams as the highest GS at 12k ! Been the lowest at 15, so ya, happens all over the place.

Frankly, overall, I dont lose more then 2-3 matches ever in a row and usually never win more then 2-3 in a row for pugging.

I think if you look at it that way, Cryptic has it in the right place honestly. They want the ratio near enough to 50% as possible for pug matches.
  • Options
    cristianrossicristianrossi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 32
    edited June 2014
    Well, what a about a Blue gear only pvp queue? That would be awesome!

I think it would be a LOT funnier.
    EguaDoidOx - Rock'n'roll DC / EguaDoidOx - Dominion Champion CW
    Ancient Warriors Guild
  • Options
    grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    it seems to match team vs team, and you will most likely get lower gs players if you play when not many people are queuing.

as for that GF going naked, he probably wanted to make his rating tank, so he can get easy matches and go for those triple kill achievements.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • Options
    crazymikeecrazymikee Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    they need like 2-3 pvp queues based on gearscore seriously, gearscore does play a factor in your skill... you CANT be bad at the game / new and have a high gearscore
    Coach Mike - 19.1k PvP CW
    CRAZY MIKE - 14.6k PvE CW

Backbone - 16.7k PvP HR
    [SIGPIC]http://i59.tinypic.com/s3hts7.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    maroucatmaroucat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014

This is a beautiful solution spongebob. I love it. It also prevents the horrors I'm seeing in lower level BG's now. Premades with perfect vorpals and R10's in the 10-19 domination? Way to drive new players away from the game. I just facepalm and sit on the campfire for 8 mins, but the legit new players haveto think this is worse pay to win than the meanest chinese cash shops.

Hell, make that a seperate queue with gimped glory gains and no ladder rating, called unrated. I don't care, it'd be way more fun, and that's why I PvP.
  • Options
    morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    Thing is, there just aren't that many people queuing. So adding brackets will simply turn an hour of alternating being the kerbstomper/kerbstompee into an hour of waiting for the queue to pop.

I mean, hell, one thing I always think would improve matters enormously would be to just try and balance the teams, class wise (i.e. if you have two DCs queuing and two GWFs queuing, PUT A DC AND A GWF IN EACH TEAM, rather than have a double DC team vs a double GWF team), but they probably don't even have enough people queuing up to do that.
  • Options
    maroucatmaroucat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    morsitans wrote: »
    Thing is, there just aren't that many people queuing. So adding brackets will simply turn an hour of alternating being the kerbstomper/kerbstompee into an hour of waiting for the queue to pop.

I mean, hell, one thing I always think would improve matters enormously would be to just try and balance the teams, class wise (i.e. if you have two DCs queuing and two GWFs queuing, PUT A DC AND A GWF IN EACH TEAM, rather than have a double DC team vs a double GWF team), but they probably don't even have enough people queuing up to do that.

Alot of people don't even queue right now because the current matchmaking is horrendously broken, and the gap between the have and have nots is ridiculous.

If you're a new 60 you're rolling those queue dice to see if you can get a team strong enough to carry you.
    What will happen 75% of the time is you'll die in seconds and be a drag on your team. You won't have much fun at all.

If you're geared you're praying to god you don't end up with more than 1 of those new 60's on your team.
    What will happen half the time is the other team will be moderately geared and you're trying to carry people that get murdered in an encounter or two.

If you're somewhere in the middle you're hoping not to end up on a team full of those new guys.
    What will happen about half the time is, you will, and the opposing team will be a troll premade of super geared toons.

The current system is broken for everyone. Gearscore is the metric that really counts here, because a BAD player will get kills on an equally geared good player because he gets wore done by constant fighting. A good player cannot carry a team of ungeared players, even if they are all awesome, unless the other team is actually drool on the floor <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. By the same token, an awesome player that has no gear cannot kill even a drool on the floor <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> person that is heavily geared unless they literally get disconnected for 20+ seconds. A few encounters and it's GG.
  • Options
    wilmawuchtigwilmawuchtig Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 30
    edited June 2014
    Thing is, there just aren't that many people queuing. .

That might change if PvP (and PvP lite, aka GG...) would get the attention by the devs it deserves. Right now PvP in this game feels like: "Yeah well every MMO needs pvp , too "

+1.

Cryptic claims, they dont want 1:1 balance, but team : team balance in PvP. This however logically implies rules for team composition.

The other point making their team vs team balance claim invalid: individual rewards. The PvP campaign favors ego trips instead of team work. (to prevent leeching: every player needs to contribute a certain %age of the overall achievements, all players of a team who contributed, should get the same reward)
  • Options
    silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The PvP campaign favors ego trips instead of team work. (to prevent leeching: every player needs to contribute a certain %age of the overall achievements, all players of a team who contributed, should get the same reward)

This ^. /10chars
    I aim to misbehave
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    However if this is done no one in PVP will even bother getting enchanted or artifacts

I know there are those who only play PvP but I imagine the majority do that along with PvE. Most people I play with avoid PvP at all costs as they have been burned by it once too many times. I've completely stopped playing PvP too as it is currently too messed up to bother with (last match I was vs team with three GWFs and I was almost constantly rooted by Roar).
    on to of that you'll have 12k GS GWF going against 7k GS CW/TRs because GWFs gear naturally has more stats. This could lead to even further nerf cries

Why do GWF's gear have higher stats exactly? That never seemed right to me.

Oh, I forgot to mention that if they disabled enchants, etc. that BI gear would become more worthwhile in PvP for its stat increases when charged. Gear setups, with people trying to maximize stat and set bonuses, would become quite interesting. Not like those aren't important now, just that deficiencies can currently be worked around with enchants.
  • Options
    tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I have a funny one too.

hahaha i`d like to meet him so we can team up, i have a 0.6k gf lvl60 and would be fun with some nice decaf.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    There should be 2 queues.

Rated (13k+ GS Required)
    +Advances PvP Campaign
    +Anything goes
    +Counts toward standing

Unrated (no GS Required. Enchants disabled, Artifact stat bonuses disabled, boons disabled).
    -Doesn't advance Standing
    -Doesn't advance PvP campaign
    -Does count for dailies and award Glory
    -All 10-59 PvP is treated as Unrated (R10/Perf/Arti twinking in low BG's is lame, and turns players off the game)

This would give competitive teams an actual place to play against other competitive teams instead of pugstomping, and would also allow people to gear up or play for fun without being constantly thrown into terrible matches.

Yeah, a person in BiS/Profound is still gonna murder a person in 60 blues or welfare epics, but without those r9+ slots, perfect enchants, boons, and arti bonuses, it won't be nearly the lopsided snoozefest it is today. No more one rotation wonders. Everyone will actually be able to compete, even if not on exactly equal footing.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    maroucat wrote: »
    There should be 2 queues..

+1. I like your idea. It keeps PWE in the green with people buying stuff, disables twirking, and gives a play option for people who just want to play a competitive, skill based match. You should start a new thread with your suggestion.
  • Options
    blindnirvanablindnirvana Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    -*.-=-.*-./#$
  • Options
    despidespi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 49
    edited June 2014
    I just think pvp now need some crowd control immunity for every char after effect like stun/daze/prone so gwf chains and cw chains stop.