test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

About the End Game of GWF PVP Based.

arcanun20arcanun20 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 21 Arc User
edited June 2014 in The Militia Barracks
Well im kinda in the end game for GWF... i sold everything i had on the others to focus on my GWF... so now i have some questions...

My build is... Halfling GWF CON and DEX based... iron vanguard. destroyer. All pvp focused.

1- Which ranks 10 i should use on ofense slots, and how many ofense slots i should have?
2- Which ranks 10 i should use on defense slots, and how many defense slots i should have?
3- On the Profound pvp set... which of the 3 choices is probly the most indicated? Destroyer or sentinel?
4- Greater Plague Fire or Perfect Vorpal?
5- *** This is my biggest problem *** on the Companion... which ioun stone i should go for? to take advantage on open pvp or should i go with the cat?
Post edited by arcanun20 on

Comments

• Options
    emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Hey man its really hard to explain what makes a GWF great so how bout your give me your user name&pass and I'll fix your toon for you no problem.
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • Options
    slushlikewindslushlikewind Member Posts: 272 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    No end-game GWF would even ask this question, unless you are trolling :D

I think you need to change title to P2W GWF.
  • Options
    janus408janus408 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 60
    edited June 2014
    I guess I will be the first up trying to give some constructive feedback.
    1- Which ranks 10 i should use on offense slots, and how many offense slots i should have?
    Dark rank 10s, mostly. Once you hit 2,000 ArPen, you can start using Radiants. You should have 6-7 Offense slots (Weapon, Offhand, Neck, Ring, Ring, Shirt -- Belt can be either Offense or Defense depending).
    2- Which ranks 10 i should use on defense slots, and how many defense slots i should have?
    Radiants. Only Radiants. All Health. You will have a minimum of 2 Defense slots, possibly 3 (Chest and legs, maybe belt).

The above two depend on your overall stats and focus and gear level. You could use Greater Rings of Health (health/regen) which have 2 defensive slots, granting way more health. Or you could use the PVP campaign ring set (1 offense, 1 defense). There is no right or perfect answer to total number of Offense or Defense enchant slots. It is going to change as your gear changes.
    3- On the Profound pvp set... which of the 3 choices is probably the most indicated? Destroyer or sentinel?
    Grim Sentinel (1800 health 2 set bonus makes it better than Profound sets), Grim Sent 2 piece + Grim Destroyer 2 piece (Dual 1800 health bonuses), or Heroic Dualist (tier 1) 4 piece set. HD set is vastly underrated. Going this route you lose a lot of defensives, so you would be better served going for Rings of health, etc. Which means you lose potentially 600 ArPen from not being able to do dual offensive dark rank 10s, but the ArPen on the gear adds up to 453 so you only have a 150 net loss to make up elsewhere.
    GPF
    5- *** This is my biggest problem *** on the Companion... which ioun stone i should go for? to take advantage on open pvp or should i go with the cat?
    Least of your worries. Really doesn't matter. Focus on Domination.

And since you didn't ask, Armor enchant should be Greater or Perfect Barkshield.
    image.php?u=98731135&type=sigpic&dateline=1402362156
  • Options
    arcanun20arcanun20 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Ok just to clarify for the funny guys above. I was a PvE GWF. I got all the gear i needed for end game PVP and now im going for the respect and PVP :)

As for janus, thanks for the help man, that clarified almost every doubt i had.

But theres still some. You said i should have 2 or 3 defensive slots, when i asked some plp in game, they told me on pvp the way to go is 5 defense slots... armor pants rings and belt... bcuz defensive stats are more important on PVP, im not sure if this is a correct feedback from their part.

By going the heroic duelist, i lose a lot of defensives and i get no tenacity which seems to be good on pvp... shouldnt i be aiming for these 2 pieces of each on grim set? also... the 7.5% more deflect on profound isnt worth it? o.O you sure? even the 5% on grim seems to be worth it :P you trade 1.800 health for 5% deflect... i tought that was the right move here xD am i not?
  • Options
    lisaxxiilisaxxii Member Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    You get tenacity with heroic duelists, that's what I run, I also have grim sent and switch sometimes.

I have 6 defense slots, cord of the tortured soul and greater rings of health allow me to do this.

I am human and my rolls are not optimized though so you might be able to dump a Defense slot or two to stack more arp (I feel like I do plenty of damage, and I am certainly MUCH to tanky for how hard I hit so).

You mentioned you are a max con/dex halfling so you are in really good shape to do pretty much whatever you want as long as the basics are stuck to which Janus covered above.

I recommend building tankier first (max defense slots) then lower defense/raise offense till you get to where you feel good.

If you pug a lot defiantly go tankier! You will still melt them, and you'll be able to survive with 2 or 3 on you for quite some time.
    Enemy Team
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I tought that 5 defense slots was the max o.o with 6 defense slots you must be a monster on defense purposes...
    Im going this way... tank first...
    Im just kinda confused on the grim armor set for pvp... i duno if i pick 2 of each for 2 times 1800 hp bonus... or if i go all sentinel for the 5% deflect bonus... whats ur toughts on that?
  • Options
    bucklittlebucklittle Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    arcanun20 wrote: »
    1- Which ranks 10 i should use on ofense slots, and how many ofense slots i should have?
    3- On the Profound pvp set... which of the 3 choices is probly the most indicated? Destroyer or sentinel?

1- It depends on your other gear, but you're going to want -22 ignore resistance minimum, preferably around -30 ignore resist or more. Chances are you will want to use 1-4 Darks and 0-3 Radiant/Savage/Brutal.

2- All radiants, you should have between 3-6 defense slots, preferably between 5-6, or 4 if you're using campaign rings.

3- For Profound you will want to use the Sentinel set

4- If you're Destroyer you will want to use Greater Plague Fire

5- For PVP the Chicken will be the best ioun stone. But really for the price, might be better off with Allure or Black Ice
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    You say -22 or -30 ignore counting with CON bonus? or - 30 with raw armorpen?

Yea the chicken is awesome... do you know the chicken stats on lvl 30?
  • Options
    lisaxxiilisaxxii Member Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    I tought that 5 defense slots was the max o.o with 6 defense slots you must be a monster on defense purposes...
    Im going this way... tank first...
    Im just kinda confused on the grim armor set for pvp... i duno if i pick 2 of each for 2 times 1800 hp bonus... or if i go all sentinel for the 5% deflect bonus... whats ur toughts on that?

Yeah man, cord of the tortured soul is a Pro Tip, Saber told me about it. As for HP vs Deflect:
    Grim Sent 2 piece + Grim Destroyer 2 piece (Dual 1800 health bonuses)

I've never heard of this before, but I don't play much lately so it might be the new meta. Last I knew (few weeks ago was last I talked with anyone about GWF stuff) Grim Sent, or Heroic Duelist were what you wanted. I would put the set bonus aside, look at the stats, and see which makes more sense to you from that point of view and use that with the set bonus to decide.

Actually, now that I think about it, I'd take the Deflect hands down.... %5 deflect over 1800 HP? And your HP is going to be stacked with 6 Radiants anyway so.. *shrug*
    Enemy Team
  • Options
    bucklittlebucklittle Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    You say -22 or -30 ignore counting with CON bonus? or - 30 with raw armorpen?

I was including CON. So you'll want around 1500 ArPen if you have 24 CON, more if you have less CON.

-22 would be the absolute minimum you would want to go, afaik only rogues and some CW will have that amount of Damage Resist. But I would recommend at least -28% Resistance Ignored total, which will be the amount of Damage Resist a HR with combatant's gear will usually have.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I see, yea i have a HR with combatant and it have 30% DR, ur right :D
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    For all of those telling you to wear 5-6 Defense slots... You can. If you are running PVP matches and you find people focus you first. Or you are getting 2-3 people on you solo. Or people gang up on you.

I have a 'defensive' set and an 'offensive' set. No one focuses me. And I think you will find other players will be the first target around you. So if you aren't getting attacked first, and have the time before your teammate dies to do as much damage as you can, you should take advantage of that. And I do.

Likewise, if you are getting focused all the time, gear and play defensively, giving your teammates the opportunity to do the above.

My stats: (what I run most of the time now)

40,500 Health
    6100 Power
    21.5% crit
    2000 ArPen
    3150 Defense
    1821 Deflection (37.5%)
    870 Regen
    1500 Tenacity (23%)

This is with 4 Defensives and 4 Offensive slots.

Before I had the gear I use now, I was running 2/4 and 2/4 Grim Sent/Dest, and using 8 offensive and 2 defensive slots.
  • Options
    squirtlejigglysquirtlejiggly Member Posts: 68
    edited June 2014
    janus408 wrote: »
    For all of those telling you to wear 5-6 Defense slots... You can. If you are running PVP matches and you find people focus you first. Or you are getting 2-3 people on you solo. Or people gang up on you.

I have a 'defensive' set and an 'offensive' set. No one focuses me. And I think you will find other players will be the first target around you. So if you aren't getting attacked first, and have the time before your teammate dies to do as much damage as you can, you should take advantage of that. And I do.

Likewise, if you are getting focused all the time, gear and play defensively, giving your teammates the opportunity to do the above.

My stats: (what I run most of the time now)

40,500 Health
    6100 Power
    21.5% crit
    2000 ArPen
    3150 Defense
    1821 Deflection (37.5%)
    870 Regen
    1500 Tenacity (23%)

This is with 4 Defensives and 4 Offensive slots.

Before I had the gear I use now, I was running 2/4 and 2/4 Grim Sent/Dest, and using 8 offensive and 2 defensive slots.

Do you use Rank 8,9 or 10 radiants?

How did u achieve 40,500 HP?

I'm only getting around 36k :/
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Do you use Rank 8,9 or 10 radiants?

How did u achieve 40,500 HP?

I'm only getting around 36k :/

9s mostly. only 10 is on my weapon. No 8s.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    9s mostly. only 10 is on my weapon. No 8s.

Do you mind to show us your character and its items?
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I am wearing Black Ice now.

UT5ODwy.png

Here is with my sent set, didn't swap the enchants over, so add ~1100-1200 health
    5XzjOxi.png

I dont remember what I was wearing for the above stats. I think Fallen Dragon MH and black ice offhand before i upgraded it.
  • Options
    lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    1821 Deflection (37.5%)

Which part of the 37% comes from the 1821 ?
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    My stats are very similar now... its like that

42,000 Health
    4000 Power
    18.5% crit
    1800 ArPen
    3550 Defense
    1782 Deflection (41.1%)
    1400 Regen
    1175 Tenacity (21%)

I think my power is too low :P
  • Options
    emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited June 2014

UT5ODwy.png

Here is with my sent set, didn't swap the enchants over, so add ~1100-1200 health
    5XzjOxi.png

I dont remember what I was wearing for the above stats. I think Fallen Dragon MH and black ice offhand before i upgraded it.

Freakin' monster and people probably call the GWF OP after facing something like that in PVP without even stopping to think what crazy gear you have equipped. Sheesh if this runs with weapon master as a passive and with perfect vorpal it will hit like a truck and soak damage better than a bis protector GF. Of course over 90% of the GWFs population is nowhere near that level.
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    My stats are very similar now... its like that

42,000 Health
    4000 Power
    18.5% crit
    1800 ArPen
    3550 Defense
    1782 Deflection (41.1%)
    1400 Regen
    1175 Tenacity (21%)

I think my power is too low :P

mind to post your character sheet? :p

I've always wondered how GWFs always have small healing when they're hitting, it's definitely not the regen, is it the lifesteal that they have?

watch the vid below for an example :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpJWSgAkr34

the heals they get are not major heals but very consistent between 50-200 hp heals.

anyone care to enlighten me?
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Boons.

Elven Tranquility: When being struck by a foe you have a chance to heal yourself for 400 HP. (60s Internal Cooldown)

Enraged Regrowth: When taking damage you have a chance to heal 1000 Hit Points over a few (4) seconds. After this effect ends you have 250 more Defense for 10 seconds. (80s Internal Cooldown)
  • Options
    mour76mour76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2014

UT5ODwy.png

5XzjOxi.png

Hi, i'm wondering where i can find your rings and necklage. Ty for your tips.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Those rings are from PvP campaign mour76

Elven Tranquility: When being struck by a foe you have a chance to heal yourself for 400 HP. (60s Internal Cooldown)

Enraged Regrowth: When taking damage you have a chance to heal 1000 Hit Points over a few (4) seconds. After this effect ends you have 250 more Defense for 10 seconds. (80s Internal Cooldown)

Even those boons having that huge cooldowns... i still think they are the best choice for boons on a gwf.
  • Options
    edited June 2014

Even those boons having that huge cooldowns... i still think they are the best choice for boons on a gwf.

Yeah. The alternative is "When dealing damage you have a chance to deal 1000 Necrotic damage over a few (4) seconds. After this effect ends the target receives 25% less healing from spells for 10 seconds. (80s Internal Cooldown) (This ability has ~1% chance to proc on any attack, and can proc on any tick of a damage over time effect)."

or "When striking a foe you have a chance to deal 400 Arcane damage. (60s Internal Cooldown)"

Same cooldowns, just damage. Since I am so tanky and already do a lot of damage, heals are going to do better on me. Add incoming healing bonus and they are even better.