test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I fall asleep waiting for the event to get Raiders gloves

cimerio11cimerio11 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
edited June 2014 in PvE Discussion
took several days trying to stay as long as possible to get Icewind gloves but when I take more than 1 hour doing time I fall asleep, please fix it if something does not forgive the game is that bored me, if not soon I'm going to fix other games. Veteran players we can only get this last, but bored, most of my friends who have left because of boredom, please take note and fix this quickly.
Post edited by cimerio11 on

Comments

• kolevrakolevra Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Problems: The smaller Heroic Encounters are worthless + the Epic Encounters have poor drop rates.

Solution: Completing any Heroic Encounters should give you some type of increased chance of getting an Epic drop when you eventually complete one of the Epic Encounters.

This way players could spend some time in the zone completing (what are otherwise worthless) smaller encounters, building up an increased drop rate for when an Epic encounter comes along.

Did I just kill two birds with one stone?
    --- Ranked matches need to be solo-queue only
    Enforce rainbow parties in PvP ---- 10v10 PvP ----
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Once I waited for Remorhaz or Raiders to spawn for more then 1 hour while taking on the telephone. And they didn't.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • barq3tbarq3t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 165 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    Hm I thought there cant be anything more boring and frustrating than farming sharandar boons, how much wrong was I...
  • giggliatogiggliato Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Well if you want to increase your odds, I suggest farming blue encounters in groups of 2-4 during off peak hours.
  • bucklittlebucklittle Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It's like I've said before, I'm done trying to get the gloves or MH. Hopefully I get them doing my dailies, but I'm not going to waste my time grinding out some proprietary system with an unknown drop rate an unknown amount of times. Once I'm at 350 reputation, all I can do is hope my gear is BiS and the game still feels worthwhile to play.
  • justsyndrajustsyndra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    kolevra wrote: »
    Problems: The smaller Heroic Encounters are worthless + the Epic Encounters have poor drop rates.

Solution: Completing any Heroic Encounters should give you some type of increased chance of getting an Epic drop when you eventually complete one of the Epic Encounters.

This way players could spend some time in the zone completing (what are otherwise worthless) smaller encounters, building up an increased drop rate for when an Epic encounter comes along.

Did I just kill two birds with one stone?

I had a similar idea, it'd be very nice :)

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?674621-An-Idea-on-Encounters-and-rewards-in-IWD
    No longer playing Neverwinter.
  • bucklittlebucklittle Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    So one time my guild had a bit over 10 people doing Icewind Pass. We all farmed encounters for over a hour and a half. I don't even know how many of the smaller encounters we finished, 100 maybe? Anyways, point is no Remo started and nobody got anything worthwhile. One of us jumps to Dwarven Valley to find a fresh Beholder. We all kill it with only a handful of non-guilded players showing up, best thing anyone got was some useless crafting mats.
  • dragosani84dragosani84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 84
    edited June 2014
    The Epic encounters seem to be taking a lot longer to spawn now too. I sat in Icewind pass for well over 2 and a half hours, probably closer to 3 or 4 before Raiders finally spawned. Got a crafting item for waiting that long. I have not seen Remo spawn in days now. I used to find Remo and Raiders just while doing my quests if I was there for a couple of hours and now nothing. The only way is if you sit at the gate and spam lfg and even then it's no guarantee.

Something really needs to be done or rethought in these cases. I no longer bother even doing the smaller ones very much because I'm sick of spending 20 or 30 minutes for one of those black ice enchantments and 75 black ice. Just not worth the time or effort. Plus half the time even though I'm one of the first one's there, do really good damage and don't die all I end up with is 35 black ice like I just showed up in the last few seconds. On the other hand I'll be questing and get complete credit for other HE"s I didn't even do.

I don't know why Beholder/Remo/Raiders isn't spawning very much any more but it's getting old really fast. I don't want to sit at the gate and spam everyone. I just want to do my quests, stick around and do it when it pops up but after 3 or 4 hours and nothing then I have to go. I actually have a life and a job and don't have that much time to wait each day.
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I can confirm that respawn timers were increased or bugged, which made them increased. I haven't seen Remo, Raiders or Beholder for a while now, and I used to wait well over the 1.5 hour, and they just don't appear at all.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    You are reporting it as a bug because you are falling asleep?

What specific thing would you suggest the devs change in heroic encounters?
  • grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Most of you guys are doing it wrong, trying to camp only certain encounters. You have a better chance of getting epic reward the less people you are. So you are much better off doing less popular ones, as they all drop the gloves.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • maroucatmaroucat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I'm not even bothering with BiS crafting or drops on any of my chars, only boons. It's a tedious time sink, and the gear is just going to be invalidated and worthless with mod 4 anyways, which is what, 2 months away?
  • vorticanvortican Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Yeah, I process the black ice when I have some but otherwise, I'm not going out of my way for that ****. If there were something else to be gained by getting the gear that could be useful outside the zone, I might consider it, but as it is, it's too hard to get anyway.
  • mentaltelepathymentaltelepathy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Ya, I am hating farming this gear.

1) I have a PvP character that (even though he has rank 10s) does not do a lot of damage in PvE. Sometimes, I don't even get credit for events - even after the last patch. Why do I have to farm so much PvE on a PvP character??

2) By making us sit there and wait and watch for HOURS and HOURS, I can't do anything else in the game. Who thought this was a "great idea"?? I can't do any other content. I'm stuck out here... waiting. And the lower level encounters are worthless.

3) They lowered the drop rate on the bracers and weapon. Seriously? What if you have more than one character?

4) If you PvE, they require this gear for some of the new content. And if you PvP, you have to farm it to stay competitive. So you don't have a choice.

5) You have to keep making the enchants and farming black ice to "charge" your gear. After you've been farming for the weapon and bracers for a month, do you think people will want to farm it for anything anymore? Or do you think they'll leave the game? Which makes more sense?

This is the worst expansion yet. The least they could do is drop some kind of token when you complete a heroic adventure and let you turn them in for something.