test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

waste of time foundry quest

doggy009doggy009 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
edited May 2015 in The Foundry
4kisnk.jpg

there is nothing that i can talk to it might be under the ice wasted good 20 min of my time

this is why i hate foundry quests
Killy2
SENT IV GWF - PVP
Post edited by doggy009 on

Comments

• orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    doggy009 wrote: »
    4kisnk.jpg

there is nothing that i can talk to it might be under the ice wasted good 20 min of my time

this is why i hate foundry quests

Did it have plays? If someone has completed it then either an update broke it or you just are not figuring out a puzzle correctly. If you tell me the name I can give it a try myself and figure out how it works. I have seen a quest once where an NPC ended up in the ground, but it had some plays from a few months ago so it was obviously broken by an update in that case. I have seen even more quests where some sort of exploration puzzle is required to find the NPC and the quest path isn't accurate. If I could read the name on the screenshot I would verify which one it is.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • doggy009doggy009 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    problem is i dont remeber the name lol
    Killy2
    SENT IV GWF - PVP
  • antonkyleantonkyle Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I can help you with that. The quest is called The Jester's Flame, code: NW-DPWNLTSWY

It has over 6000 plays and over 2000 reviews (a 4.04 adjusted rating is very good). A quick read of the reviews tells me there is a glitch in the jester under the Ice. Looks like there may be a solution with a portal according to the reviews. I haven't played this one myself so I couldn't say how it is done.

In the small chance the author may still be playing maybe worth sending him a PM the name is: @Kerrzhe

Edit: As a rule to make Foundry quests more enjoyable for you it is worth reading a few reviews, usually people will comment on potential problems.
    edited February 2014
    oh I see

well next time i wont go to random one
    Killy2
    SENT IV GWF - PVP
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Not sure if you thought the statue was "The Jester," but if you also look at the mini-map you can see that the "Jester" is apparently slightly to your right (not slightly left were statue is) -- since it is not visible, I'd assume it could be above (or below in the ice apparently)
    edited February 2014
    i tried everywhere for good 10min
    Killy2
    SENT IV GWF - PVP
  • orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    eldarth wrote: »
    Not sure if you thought the statue was "The Jester," but if you also look at the mini-map you can see that the "Jester" is apparently slightly to your right (not slightly left were statue is) -- since it is not visible, I'd assume it could be above (or below in the ice apparently)

Upon reading the reviews, it sounds like it is the problem I had with another quest and it can be completed by using deft strike if you are a rogue. No one mentions a portal though.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • leadersunstarleadersunstar Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I had the same problem. I think it is, in fact, under the ice. The_Jester.png
    That's what showed up for me.
  • tostrek2012tostrek2012 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Yep, I cannot finish the quest too. I tried many things, spell blasts etc and climbed on top of the statue's head.
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Should send in a support ticket telling them it is broken and should be removed -- it's been broken for months now.
  • zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    For what it's worth, a lot of updates from Cryptic break things, and if the author has abandoned the game, there's not a lot you can do.

The root problem is that the search filters are terrible.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    eldarth wrote: »
    Should send in a support ticket telling them it is broken and should be removed -- it's been broken for months now.

Can't hurt. Sounds like a plan to me. :)
  • apateoraapateora Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Did it have plays? If someone has completed it then either an update broke it or you just are not figuring out a puzzle correctly. If you tell me the name I can give it a try myself and figure out how it works. I have seen a quest once where an NPC ended up in the ground, but it had some plays from a few months ago so it was obviously broken by an update in that case. I have seen even more quests where some sort of exploration puzzle is required to find the NPC and the quest path isn't accurate. If I could read the name on the screenshot I would verify which one it is.

I know that it has something to do with "The Jester's Flame" and probably you need to talk with "The Jester", but I guess he is frozen to death because I also do not know how to get further with this one...
  • iamoberoniamoberon Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    apateora wrote: »
    I know that it has something to do with "The Jester's Flame" and probably you need to talk with "The Jester", but I guess he is frozen to death because I also do not know how to get further with this one...

It is still broken. I just dropped the quest. Since I didn't "finish" it I was unable to leave a warning for future players.
This discussion has been closed.