test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Reduce the 1 minute timers on some armourenchants

stripiestfilly0stripiestfilly0 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
edited June 2014 in PvE Discussion
I propose that things like bloodtheft and thunderhead are wayyyy to low value proc rates, 25-30 sec should be what it is , for what they do - they have way way less im pact than a soulforge [which @90 sec is good]
Sorcerer.jpg
Post edited by stripiestfilly0 on

Comments

• Options
    iuliandreiiuliandrei Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 143 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    GCDs in general are used improperly in this game and the solution isn't to have lower values
  • Options
    ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Some enchantments (and boons) are completely useless due to long internal CDs. In some cases even reducing the timer to 10s would not really help, since the single effect is actually pretty negligible.

Enchantments (and boons) need either to have a significant effect to be put on a 60-90s timer (like the aforementioned Soulforged), but if its effect is "a chance to heal 500 hp", it needs to proc very often if it is to be on par with other, more effective enchantments.
  • Options
    baalhashmalbaalhashmal Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It could go the other way too (or combination of both, meeting in the middle) for certain ones like Negation---the length of time the armor enchantments last for can be increased.

This would make them viable alternatives to the more popular and superior armor enchantments such as Soulforged.

Cleric: Marquis Elmdore - Current Main <3
    Wizard: Iamblichus
    Fighter: Anna the Titan
    Barbarian: Anann Valkyrja
    Ranger: Minerva Cory'phaia
    Warlock: Suri Coralyne Reid

Guild: She Looked Level 18.
    Alliance: Imperium
  • Options
    saini50990saini50990 Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    agrre to that , bloodtheft and negation are somewhat useless in pvp cause of there so long CD. atleast reduce the CD to 30-45 sec and increase the heal of bloodtheft enchantment , only 500 HP heal is way too low .
  • Options
    baalhashmalbaalhashmal Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Only 500 HP max?

When below 50% health you have a 5% chance upon receiving damage to deal Necrotic damage to your attacker and heal yourself for that amount. This damage is based on your level. This can only occur once every 60 seconds.

Hm...

Cleric: Marquis Elmdore - Current Main <3
    Wizard: Iamblichus
    Fighter: Anna the Titan
    Barbarian: Anann Valkyrja
    Ranger: Minerva Cory'phaia
    Warlock: Suri Coralyne Reid

Guild: She Looked Level 18.
    Alliance: Imperium
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    500 hp max would mean 8.3 damage per level. Seems low to me. If you have 20K hitpoints, that's the equivalent of a 2.5% heal. Most melee, I would guess, have WAY more than that making it even less useful, especially given you can use a potion every 12 seconds and heal 8500 hps. The greater bloodtheft enchant LOOKS awesome (perfect, IMO, looks like someone is hosing you down with red spraypaint), but I'm not sure I see the value in using it beyond the fashion use.
  • Options
    doriangreighdoriangreigh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 707 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I gotta weigh in and agree, decreasing timers just will not help balance the armor enchants with how useful the soulforge is. I use a Negation mainly for look and some miniscule advantage. Considering how unnoticeable the enchants are in effect I personally would like to see the shield duration of the negation extended, 6 seconds isn't really that good for something that can only happen 1 per minute.

Same for things like Fireburst. I use that on my GWF again mainly for looks. I don't even notice it go off most of the time, the few times I did catch it, seriously it sounded like a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> (passing gas) with a very hard see to fire effect. For something that only goes off 1 per minute it should be closer in effect do a daily power than what it is, think it does like 300 damage or so in a small aoe maybe less ... thinking it should be a 2000k+ at level 60 or at higher ranks of the enchant.

Considering how much more difficult and costly they have made enchants its really time to start seeing some better use out of them and certainly some better balance since just about everyone is using soulforge and vorpal with smatterings of negation, barkshield thrown in.

Often I keep thinking of switching over to bronzewood for weapons, its cheap has a huge effect and starts at normal so the first upgrade you do gets you to greater which is 12% extra damage. Not bad considering I typically find bronzewood for 50k each buy 2 for 100k rank up one and burn 1 coal ward on making it a greater and you are good to go for awhile.

If nothing else, PLEASE for the love of MMO's balance out the enchants so that people aren't telling you that you are stupid for using anythign but vorpal and soulforge.
  • Options
    onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    For something that only goes off 1 per minute it should be closer in effect to a daily power than what it is....

I like that idea! Perfect enchants SHOULD be comparable in power to a daily. SF arguably is, but the rest aren't....

Elegant.
  • Options
    jpfm101jpfm101 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I have actually, just yesterday, started a thread about this very same issue, I'll link it here just so you guys have an idea on how amazing the Thunderhead armor enchant isn't: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?687041-Thunder-nothing
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Yeah, this has bugged me too for months. As of now I have sf on both my toons, coupled with plague and vorpal. Before settling on these I tried out briartwine. Sucked. Bloodtheft. No noticable benefit. Lifedrinker. Ditto. Terror, nice, but plague fire is better.

Kinda gave up after that, and ran out of ad.

It would improve diversity of build in nwo immensely if most of the weapon and armor enchants were either buffed, or completely rethought. Which can only be a good thing.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The fact it's like this and hadn't been changed just shows how bad they are at balancing and making things viable. I'm not expecting that there wouldn't ever be favourites, but if you're going to have many enchants at least make them somewhat viable. The one thing keeping me playing this game is the time I've already invested.
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I like the game, just wish my build could be different from everyone else's, and still be viable in pvp.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    anzrielanzriel Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    That, I think is many people's issue with this game, only a couple builds at most are truly viable, in part do to the above mentioned ICD and mediocre enchantments. Too many aren't worth it, which is sad to me, there should be, in my opinion, a number of enchantments viable for each build. Personally I feel like I am being herded into one build, one list of enchantments.
  • Options
    bucklittlebucklittle Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Some of the enchants and abilities in this game are unsurprisingly inaccurate with their descriptions. Because they have already made a habit of hiding data about the inner working of an ability/enchant, such as not putting the proc rate in an item/ability's descriptions, or not putting the cooldown timer in the description, it all means that when something isn't working as intended that the players end up being the ones to suffer.

The best example I can think of is thunderhead. Normal rank thunderhead says it has a 10% proc chance on received crit, but this number is closer to 2% and you won't find on the forums or any websites that it's broken. It's probably working as intended for all we know and that the mistake with the item isn't that the '10%' on the tooltip is inaccurate, but that the tooltip displays too much information to the players.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    bucklittle wrote: »
    Some of the enchants and abilities in this game are unsurprisingly inaccurate with their descriptions. Because they have already made a habit of hiding data about the inner working of an ability/enchant, such as not putting the proc rate in an item/ability's descriptions, or not putting the cooldown timer in the description, it all means that when something isn't working as intended that the players end up being the ones to suffer.

The best example I can think of is thunderhead. Normal rank thunderhead says it has a 10% proc chance on received crit, but this number is closer to 2% and you won't find on the forums or any websites that it's broken. It's probably working as intended for all we know and that the mistake with the item isn't that the '10%' on the tooltip is inaccurate, but that the tooltip displays too much information to the players.

Upon testing some enchants - the accuracy is really off putting I think i have sold /refined all other enchants i have had and now run only SF as it works well and should be termed "OP" compared to the rest
    Sorcerer.jpg
  • Options
    hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    Some enchantments (and boons) are completely useless due to long internal CDs. In some cases even reducing the timer to 10s would not really help, since the single effect is actually pretty negligible.

Enchantments (and boons) need either to have a significant effect to be put on a 60-90s timer (like the aforementioned Soulforged), but if its effect is "a chance to heal 500 hp", it needs to proc very often if it is to be on par with other, more effective enchantments.

I agree a lot of the enchantments need to be looked at, but the problem with making boons better is that with so many boons now, if they all triggered frequently you'd be looking at too much of an effect.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • Options
    ecd13moonsagoecd13moonsago Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Often I keep thinking of switching over to bronzewood for weapons, its cheap has a huge effect and starts at normal so the first upgrade you do gets you to greater which is 12% extra damage. Not bad considering I typically find bronzewood for 50k each buy 2 for 100k rank up one and burn 1 coal ward on making it a greater and you are good to go for awhile.

I am using a bronzewood enchant on my CW right now because I couldn't afford a Vorpal and most of my guildmates are already using PF or terror. Plus the enchant effect looks good with the way I have her armor dyed(blessed gold) and it trails leaves behind me. I just wish the damage increase would work on dailies too.
    13moonsago - Half Elf - Divine Oracle DC
    Serena Moonshadow - Wood Elf - Stormwarden HR
    Lanfear - Moon Elf - Spellstorm Mage CW
    Allana - Halfling - Iron Vanguard GWF
    Beka Cooper - Moon Elf - Master Infiltrator TR
  • Options
    kolevrakolevra Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe a dev has already addressed the issue of a lack of versatility and diversity in armor enchants and has said that they plan on changing them up a bit to give players more options.
    --- Ranked matches need to be solo-queue only
    Enforce rainbow parties in PvP ---- 10v10 PvP ----
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Thats good to hear - Ill have a look around to see if i can locate it , TY
    Sorcerer.jpg
  • Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Perhaps here some reference that the enchants issue is well knows (mainly refer to weapon) :
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?599841-CW-2014-buglist&p=8130761&viewfull=1#post8130761
    (from this post and on, and the link in it)