test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Scheduled Maintenance- 6/12 10 AM PDT (Pacific) (completed)

dwightmcdwightmc Member Posts: 95
edited June 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Heads up!

We'll be performing maintenance tomorrow 6/12 at 7am PDT (Pacific). The estimated downtime is 2 hours, but may be extended due to unforeseen circumstances.

No patch notes this week, we'll be performing account server maintenance and along with restarting the servers.

When is maintenance for you? Click here to find out.

Thanks,

Dwight

Update 1 (7:07 AM PDT) Maintenance has begun.
Update 2 (8:25 AM PDT) We're doing some final checks and could be back up very soon. We'll keep you updated if anything changes.
Update 3 (8:56 AM PDT) Maintenance has completed. Welcome back to Neverwinter!
Post edited by dwightmc on

Comments

• Options
    desolator777desolator777 Member Posts: 58
    edited June 2014
    While rebooting them, you should definitely overclock the servers and put in an array of SSDs and neon lights. The neon lights especially make it go faster :P
  • Options
    psychaos999psychaos999 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    No fix to roar or hr set?
    You really should give class balance more importance
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited June 2014

there is no patch today. just server maintenance. i'm sure class balance is being worked on diligently amidst the work on the upcoming module.
  • Options
    filluslosstarotfilluslosstarot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The way is to wait for the fix Roar not take too long.
    tBR3vwD.png
    Name: Fillus Losstarot - Race: Shadar kai - Class: Warlock
  • Options
    psychaos999psychaos999 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    melodywhr wrote: »
    there is no patch today. just server maintenance. i'm sure class balance is being worked on diligently amidst the work on the upcoming module.

What I don't understand is this: a game like rift push patch weekly with tons of adjustments to class balance (at least they did while I was playing it).
    Here in neverwinter we have to wait weeks or months for changes that never fix anything and more often than not make classes imbalance more evident. When they just don't introduce new bugs.
  • Options
    ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    i'm sure class balance is being worked on diligently amidst the work on the upcoming module.

DevBoss: so, how do we stop complaints about the GF?
    Dev1: let's swap another of his few useful skills with useless GWF ones!
    Dev2: we can rename the class in Chicken Fighter Companion and make him kite better!
    Dev3: how about we give him proper tools for tanking and defending his party, like an improved tab class feature?

*silence in the room, icy stares at Dev3*

*Dev3 flies out of the window*

I bet this happened at some point :P
  • Options
    aesculaepiusaesculaepius Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Working in the software industry myself, although in no way affiliated with PWE/Cryptic....First, it implies that, somehow, the developers should have known what specific items you feel need to be fixed and should have included them in this patch. You gave no explanation as to what you consider "broken" with respect to class balance, and what one person considers a "balance" another will call a "nerf." Still, some type of explanation would at least add value to this suggestion.

Second, while there's no glory to be found in server restarts, applying patches and performing maintenance on the servers can cause less crashes (something everyone favors), may increase performance (there are no details on what type of maintenance is being performed), and if they're applying security patches to the hosting operating systems, may make our account data more secure from people who want it.

Just because they're not making changes to the game itself doesn't mean this maintenance is pointless.

With that being said, the nice people over at Star Trek Online would still put a link called "release notes" up in both the launcher and in the main form that had one bullet that said, "Server maintenance and stability." This helps prevent the confusion to most users (who look there for information) that you didn't forget to post patch notes.
  • Options
    ferangkferangk Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I don't know when this is for me,I'm in Georgia...Augusta area.Can anybody tell me when this is for me?
    Wondering because I have a foundry mission i'm working on.And i wanted to make most of it today or on friday.
  • Options
    theultimatefunkytheultimatefunky Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    says servers are down for 4 hours on my launcher, 14:00 till 18:00
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    hudman21hudman21 Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I really hope they fix Spell Plague Caverns last chest not opening out of DD. Cant get T2 gear when keys don't work.
    Life is full of drains, I prefer to be a fountain
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    ferangk wrote: »
    I don't know when this is for me,I'm in Georgia...Augusta area.Can anybody tell me when this is for me?
    Wondering because I have a foundry mission i'm working on.And i wanted to make most of it today or on friday.

2 hours scheduled downtime: in EDT, that's: 10AM - 12 noon
  • Options
    mungsumungsu Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited June 2014

You are in the eastern time zone, which is 3 zones east of the pacific zone. So add 3 hours to the PDT time.
  • Options
    dwightmcdwightmc Member Posts: 95
    edited June 2014
    kvet wrote: »
    4 hours scheduled downtime: in EDT, that's: 10AM - 2PM

That must be a typo cause as far as I know it's only two hours of expected downtime.
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    dwightmc wrote: »
    That must be a typo cause as far as I know it's only two hours of expected downtime.

(yup, sorry, I changed my post, you saw it before I changed it I guess ;)
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Dwight kindly provided a link for which users can determine what time maintenance is for their locale.

Also, going to give my standard warning of keep it constructive and non insulting or don't post.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    curigancurigan Member Posts: 11
    edited June 2014
    kvet wrote: »
    2 hours scheduled downtime: in EDT, that's: 10AM - 12 noon

Thank you so much. I'm doing a foundry mission with a forgotten village,it has three parts.Its campaign:The Lost Ones Trilogy.First mission is called Last One Out.Cya.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Working in the software industry myself, although in no way affiliated with PWE/Cryptic, I can say that these kinds of comments aren't worth the time it takes to type them. First, it implies that, somehow, the developers should have known what specific items you feel need to be fixed and should have included them in this patch. You gave no explanation as to what you consider "broken" with respect to class balance, and what one person considers a "balance" another will call a "nerf." Still, some type of explanation would at least add value to this suggestion.

Second, while there's no glory to be found in server restarts, applying patches and performing maintenance on the servers can cause less crashes (something everyone favors), may increase performance (there are no details on what type of maintenance is being performed), and if they're applying security patches to the hosting operating systems, may make our account data more secure from people who want it.

Just because they're not making changes to the game itself doesn't mean this maintenance is pointless.

With that being said, the nice people over at Star Trek Online would still put a link called "release notes" up in both the launcher and in the main form that had one bullet that said, "Server maintenance and stability." This helps prevent the confusion to most users (who look there for information) that you didn't forget to post patch notes.

So if I feel an aspect of the game is broken I shouldn't say anything?

Look, I know my comment doesn't change a thing. But
    a) I pay top dollars in this game, so I have every right to complain. And of course it's their right to not listen to me.
    b) I don't develop games, but I too work as a software developer. For what is worth my feeling is they are fast on content but really really slow at fixing game mechanics.
  • Options
    partydownpartydown Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Working in the software industry myself, although in no way affiliated with PWE/Cryptic....First, it implies that, somehow, the developers should have known what specific items you feel need to be fixed and should have included them in this patch. You gave no explanation as to what you consider "broken" with respect to class balance, and what one person considers a "balance" another will call a "nerf." Still, some type of explanation would at least add value to this suggestion.

I disagree they are worth the time it takes to post them. I worked for a software development company for many year and we valued customer feedback, i guess you don't.
  • Options
    giggliatogiggliato Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    That spellplague chest really needs to be fixed, why bother queuing if you're not going to get any loot? Sure it was a heavily exploited loot farm inthe current past but there are many who queue for the dungeon expecting to open the chest and are quite annoyed when they reach the end and are unable to do so. Thank you for the maintenance, game was getting laggy.
  • Options
    barq3tbarq3t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 165 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014

I wish they leave the new module for now, and focus mainly on fixing problems (at least the biggest ones)...
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    barq3t wrote: »
    I wish they leave the new module for now, and focus mainly on fixing problems (at least the biggest ones)...

They don't have a choice in the matter there. WotC has dictated the release date for all things related to Tyranny of the Dragons, hence, Cryptic must comply.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    If you are taking down the servers you should really add a patch. Even if it's small irrelevant fixes like cosmetic changes, it shows players that you are working on other fixes and only those were available for release at that time. Gives players something for their patience, If you just run maintenance on the server and lag/latency has not improved players are gonna be pissed.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Man,its killing me waiting for it to come back up,Dx.But I think its only a few more minutes till it comes back for me though :D 10 more minute!
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Three more minutes for me :D ;...;
  • Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014

My personal preference is that near-breaking issues in class balance be addressed before work on the next module, in cases where a prioritization is necessary.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • Options
    khatainakhataina Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    says servers are down for 4 hours on my launcher, 14:00 till 18:00

I can't even get my launcher to start after this morning. Before I went to work at 8:30 am central time it worked fine. I got home just a few minutes ago and I can't connect to the launcher server at all. :(
  • Options
    fr3akout3fr3akout3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 72
    edited June 2014
    I play from the South Pacific and normally get pings around 400 which is playable.

After this update, me and my friends have been getting pings up to 2000 and disconnections and teleportations around the map that it's not even funny.

If this stays then It's sad to see that we may have to say good bye to this game.

Any suggestions on what you may have broken or removed?

This is the worst time ever NW has been.

kind regards