test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Black Ice gear decay

rlrobrrlrobr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2014 in PvE Discussion
How fast a fully charged T3 decays? Does it decay only when equipped or even when placed in the inventory?
Post edited by rlrobr on

Comments

• midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I don't know he decay rate, but it decays while you are in combat if you are wearing it. As soon as you exit combat (your stance changes to a rest position) the decay stops.
  • cookiecrisp15cookiecrisp15 Banned Users Posts: 532 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    y funny thing 35 days of doing dailys and alooot of BI farm combined together with ridiculous amount of time u need to shape it for what?a gear with timer on it.
    devs pls.
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Also you can buy potions and the black ice stone companion to lessen the decay rate...

IMO its too easy to get and too hard to keep charged, Id like to see it harder to get, and easier to charge... Thats just me tho and it wont happen.
  • janus408janus408 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 60
    edited June 2014
    y funny thing 35 days of doing dailys and alooot of BI farm combined together with ridiculous amount of time u need to shape it for what?a gear with timer on it.
    devs pls.

You really only need to do 1 daily to get the rep. it takes 5 minutes and is super easy.

As for farming Black Ice.

I haven't farmed any. I have all the black ice gear in my inventory, and the boots/gloves/helm already made, and I still have 70k Black Ice. Dailies and weeklies give a lot, you dont need to farm it.

As for the gear. Play any character for 15 minutes a day for 35 days and you get amazing gear... there isn't another MMO that spoon feeds you like that.
    image.php?u=98731135&type=sigpic&dateline=1402362156
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Do any of you know if the black ice enchantments that can go in the overload slots disappear when used up, or do they just need to be recharged like the armor does?

FYI, my helm & boots dropped to about 92-94% in about 3 hours of combat time.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • lcwwpyjhjslcwwpyjhjs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    rlrobr wrote: »
    How fast a fully charged T3 decays? Does it decay only when equipped or even when placed in the inventory?

2 Days of full daily in icewind dale + pvp gg + some daily in shandalar = 130-140 black ice per piece. It decay really really slow... But i do use the ioun + black ice decay pot.
  • query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The decay rate is pretty low and just getting the reputation to craft the gear generates a lot of lesser salve just from dailies. I've got plenty of leftover salve with 3 toons and 2 of them using T3 BI all day (because I am too cheap to switch gear when not in IWD). This is with enough surplus refined to make full set as soon as reputation 350 becomes available on one and I will be there on another. Dailies and Kessell runs occasionally it and you have more than enough.
  • janus408janus408 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 60
    edited June 2014
    bioshrike wrote: »
    Do any of you know if the black ice enchantments that can go in the overload slots disappear when used up, or do they just need to be recharged like the armor does?

Black Ice Enchantments, that go in Overload slots, disappear once the timer is gone. You will want to make a few and have them ready to go when the equipped ones disappear. They cannot be recharge in the item or in your inventory.

I have had good luck with the Lesser ones dropping from Kessels Retreat. And there is a campaign task you can do once you have max'd reputation with KC to get a box that has a random lesser overload ench in it.
    image.php?u=98731135&type=sigpic&dateline=1402362156