test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GG queues and PVP matchmaking

urd01urd01 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
edited June 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
1. The Gauntlgrym queue-system
As a recreational player that like to meet new people (i e pug my parties), I have more times then
I care to think about been cast out of possibility to get into pvp because one player in the party
decides to take a bathroom break or goes afk for any reason after the queue has started.

If my entire party is granted access into pvp then 1 person not clicking correctly will make 4
other people having waited in vain.
That just is not right!
There should be a way to make GG queues work without all having to accept entrance.

2. The Domination PvP matchmaking.

I've kept track recently and noticed that (for me) in more then 70% of my domination games the matchmaking is
horrible at best.
Last two teams (that I lost with) I had 2 people in each with 9,5'ish gearscore.
Last 3 teams that I won with we met people that I squished totally and their team zonechatted that they were of
low gs (9, 8,5 and 10,2 from my notes).

I have 15+k in gs, and while its interesting (almost like being a GWF) to totally crush opponents it's not
really any fun.
I don't have any real ambitions to climb the pvp-ladder, but if I did I would be totally borked since I can't
hope to win games all by myself against opponents that only I am equal to in GS.

Please comment to support my case, or start a thread of your own if you want to talk about other things.

/Urd
Post edited by urd01 on

Comments

• unbahunbah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Considering domination matchmaking, there is nothing to comment about. Everyone knows how bad it is, but devs don't want to acknowledge it. All we get in return are comments that it is how it is to make waiting time shorter, and that skill>>>>gs.
  • ogariousogarious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Well, I wonder a few things about the match making process. 1, if a team is all queuing together. Does it take the average of all their gear scores?

2, just how wide is the range in putting together teams? I know level has to be part of it. But is the variable range so great that a 10.5 can get put in a match with 1 15? Is it assigning PUGS by average gear score too? Or just taking people that fall in a wide margin, tossing them together, then throwing them in the deep end?
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Funny thing: my DC is on the 10th leaderboard page (out of 800, RU server), so he has pretty high elo. I queued for PvP domination on my CW which I didn't played after module 3. Got some teammates, lost the match, it was pretty close (1000/970). Then I switched to DC and queued again. I got the same 2 teammates I played with a couple of minutes ago on my no-elo CW.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I'm always too busy fighting to inspect anyone in PvP
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Demanding dev comments in a thread or making ultimatums 1) isn't allowed under rule 3.15, 2) isn't going to guarantee that you're going to get said response, as the staff can decline comment for any reason they desire or for no reason, and 3) in the matter of this particular matter, has already been addressed by a dev. Use the Dev Tracker, it's searchable the same as any other portion of the forums.

I've edited your OP to make the same point, without the demanding and all caps portions.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    So what is the other option? If one of your friends misclicks, your party goes in except for your friend?

That would be an even bigger disaster on most occasions. It is fine the way it is