test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Seriously, Panhandling on Neverwinter

boldorianboldorian Member Posts: 30 Arc User
edited June 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey Gang, is it just me, or has there been an uptick in panhandling on Neverwinter lately? For example, just today while salvaging an item, I received a Private Message from a player that read, "If you have lots of gold, you can give me some". As I was clicking on ignore, the "Trade" screen from this player came up quite rapidly, like they expected me to just hand over the gold. They were persistent as well, since they tried to trade 3 times, before finally giving up.

This is not the first message I have seen over the past couple of weeks, as I have been asking for gold, drop items, and even asked me to buy them something from the Auction House! I have been on the game since last summer, and this is all quite new, and from players I have never interacted with before. Now, I know how to click on "Ignore", which is what I do right away, but that list is getting quite long.

Just wondering if others have seen the same issue.

Thanks
Post edited by boldorian on

Comments

• gman118gman118 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Yah I get it too, they will either just beg or say that they are going to buy a t1 horse but when check thier name,they're like lvl 30 and i just think to myself...really.so yah i get it also
  • mircalla83mircalla83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 36
    edited June 2014
    Report for harassment, ignore, done. Also, set yourself to 'Visible to Friends only' unless you really need a dungeon invite, and once you can, move as much of your operation as possible to Caer-Konig, you have a salvager there, too.
  • justsyndrajustsyndra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The worst part is that ignoring someone doesn't stop party invites.
    No longer playing Neverwinter.
  • mircalla83mircalla83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 36
    edited June 2014
    Against the invites, you turn yourself Invisible/Visible to Friends only, done. Can't get Partied randomly then.
  • saini50990saini50990 Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    same happened with me , a guy wanted to trade his p.vorp+2xradiant 9 for 3xradiant 10 for i said i dont wanna trade , he left ok , than pmed me on next day again , telling me to trade , i again said i dont wanna , he called me greedy and ignored me calling me that i cant advance my toon this way .
    than 1 guy keep asking to help him , i helped him 1 time than he keep on asking i said i dont wanna , he said he hate rich and spoil kids and put me on ignore. :P
    the frustrating thing is b4 i can give them a mouthful of abuse they ignore me , which frustrates me.

:O
  • lordopiclordopic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Against the invites, you turn yourself Invisible/Visible to Friends only, done. Can't get Partied randomly then

I diddn't know about this, thankyou very much :D.

Not had the problem in the op, but to stop random party invites this is a worth knowing.
    edited June 2014
    saini50990 wrote: »
    same happened with me , a guy wanted to trade his p.vorp+2xradiant 9 for 3xradiant 10 for i said i dont wanna trade , he left ok , than pmed me on next day again , telling me to trade , i again said i dont wanna , he called me greedy and ignored me calling me that i cant advance my toon this way .
    than 1 guy keep asking to help him , i helped him 1 time than he keep on asking i said i dont wanna , he said he hate rich and spoil kids and put me on ignore. :P
    the frustrating thing is b4 i can give them a mouthful of abuse they ignore me , which frustrates me.

:O

If you send abuse at them, they can rightfully petition you for hauling abuse at them. Byebye Account.
  • onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    panhandlers have been online as long as I have.

I tell them to level professions.
  • capkokocapkoko Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    This morning one guy talked in private asking for 10 gold. Not the first to do that but i Heard is becoming usual in protector. I told him no and he said thx.
    There is also the random frienship invitations, i got that also during DDs and the person who asked it wasnt with us, it was anoying cause we were in a battle and almost die trying to quit the popup window.
    And for last there is someone sendind mails telling that to get some reward from cryptic i have to visit some internet page and log to get the ítem.
  • cerberusxllcerberusxll Member Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I had one of these a few days ago, some random asking for 70 gold for a rank 3 mount. I didn't think much of it at the time.
    Cerberus | Scylla | Orion | Makelo | Nemesis | Ares | Artemis | Asclepius | Nyx | Hades | Dexithea | Dolos | Demonax | Athena | Enyo | Medusa | Talos | Alcyone
    edited June 2014
    You might keep the following in mind, too: If you EVER give one of these ANYTHING, they WILL write down your account handle (the @handle) in a text file or even on paper, and keep remaking characters/accounts, asking you for something every now and then, mail it to their most likely well off Main, and pawn it off on the Auction House.
  • seitrediciseitredici Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    This happened to me earlier, for the first time ever. One random player asking for gold, another asking for Zen. It's...bizarre. Also, I am extremely sick of those spam friend requests. I've been getting them pretty much constantly and I'm tired of rejecting/ignoring them. Those people just won't give up. :mad:
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    Trade chat in neverwinter is a complete joke.

The trades are lopsided 99% of the time.

The real trading happens at the auction house