test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can't even get a fair match 1-59 now either

gausnengausnen Member Posts: 16 Arc User
edited June 2014 in PvE Discussion
So many twinks with mulhorand gear and op enchants on them for the level.

Just had a match with a gwf (20-29 bracket) who solo'd our whole team outside the spawn without a sweat.
Post edited by gausnen on

Comments

• rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    You are just learning this now?

I've been saying for a long time, players with full epics/rank 10s/perfect vorpals run rampat in lower levels and can singlehandedly beat an entire team of players consistently.

I suggested having a level requirement for enchantments.
    I just wasn't sure if it was intended by cryptic since they profit from those ancient mulhorand weapons, otherwise it would be a no-brainer
  • gausnengausnen Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Only started playing 4 weeks ago, wasn't something I noticed/had a problem with leveling my first 2 characters. With a new character now it seems like this is all I get.

edit: You'd think they could at least limit them in pvp.
    edited June 2014
    gausnen wrote: »
    Only started playing 4 weeks ago, wasn't something I noticed/had a problem with leveling my first 2 characters. With a new character now it seems like this is all I get.

edit: You'd think they could at least limit them in pvp.

Like I said, I'm not sure if it is intended or not. Is it fair? Not really. Is it legal? Probably yes since cryptic sells those ancient mulhorand weapons through lockboxes. If it is working as intended, then your complaints are nothing but suggestions sadly.
  • greygusgreygus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    If yall wish to match those that have that gear, buy it off the ah... if players put the time/ money into thier enchants therw isnt any reason to penalize them for using them in lower matches. If folks are unwilling to spend money they can farm dimands on thier 60s. There isnt any reason to penalize the peeps that make thier toons op in the lower tier pvp.
  • flyingleonflyingleon Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I am about to write a similar post. The item balance in the pvp dominations for level below 60. I have a DC with level 36, and I did many pvp dominations. I have the similar experience that you always meet over geared players with weapon enchants, a lot of cases perfect enchants. It is not a rare case. And also high rank normal enchants (higher than 6), people use it a lot. These enchants ruined the PVP dominations. I am OK with the ancient legendary items but only in the case without weapon enchants.

Now I want to say some more details. My DC wear mostly PVP items I can buy in the blade somthing. With 36 level, I have already 4k GS, and with tenacity roughly I should have 5k. Even in this case, I had many frustrations. I always PUG for pvp, and I saw many casual players have around 3k GS. Thinking about their feeling, most of cases these casual player completely useless. I don't want to blame them, because they probably mainly do pve and want to try some pvp. If they don't have enermies wear gear like perfect vorpal, I believe they could still help somhow.

To protect new players, I think we should not allow people to use weapon enchants, especilly higher than lesser. And also higher than rank 6 normal enchant. Maybe to be fair, only in pvp not pve. If they want to farm fast in pve, they could allow this in pve but definitly not in pvp. A totally one-sided match is not good for everyone, no fun.

Join the Greycloaks

Ana-GWF SM Destroyer | Farseer-CW MoF Renegade | Leon-GF SM Tactician
    Adrik Battlefate-DC DO Virtuous | Cassi Woodsheart-HR PF Trapper
    edited June 2014
    greygus wrote: »
    If yall wish to match those that have that gear, buy it off the ah... if players put the time/ money into thier enchants therw isnt any reason to penalize them for using them in lower matches. If folks are unwilling to spend money they can farm dimands on thier 60s. There isnt any reason to penalize the peeps that make thier toons op in the lower tier pvp.
    You need to realise that most lower level pvpers don't want to spend the money for perfect vopal, right? To make an exampe, your opinion also works for companions. Can people rich spend money for companions to be used in pvp dominations? Thinking about if we allow this, there has to be some boundary there. For a new player, they may not even know what is weapon enchants yet. For me, these weapon enchants are for sure out of the boundary.

Join the Greycloaks

• greygusgreygus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Well, hate to say it but no, not into the p vorpal, but thats me. All of us were new at one point and in any mmo if ur new and go into pvp you will get rofl-stomped it doesnt take long to figure out what these vets are using just inspect your team mates gear. I wouldnt dish out money for a p. Virpal but a lesser or regular yes. It is pvp, no need to coddle the new guys, they will learn fast enough. Sry if I seem like an elitest, I really am not one, I am a casual player myself. All in all if the gear is available its all fair game.
    edited June 2014
    Having companians that have high gear too would also be fair game, I would have to say let those that spend money on this game do what they wish, its thier money. The harsh reality is that the company that holds this game isnt goin to change much because it brings money to the table.
  • maroucatmaroucat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It has a strong aspect of P2W, some people like greygus like that. Most prefer a more level playing field in PvP at least. If some people want to trivialize PvE content more power to them.

Mega-twinking in lower BG's isn't an epidemic yet, but it's getting there. There is no reason for anyone to be running around with 500-1000$ worth of equipment (all R10's and Perfect enchants) in the 10-19 BG, but I've seen it at least a few times. Those people were practically immortal.

A sensible fix is to cap the effectiveness of enchants below level 60 at Rank 5/Lesser. They are still helpful and will make you win more, but don't over-penalize new players for not having high level mains or dropping hundreds of dollars in Zen.

The fresh level 60 experience is already bad due to the post-60 progression added the last several modules. Making the pre-60 experience bad lowers even further the retention rate of new players. Since I like having lots of other people to play with, I'd like to see things in place that make the playing field more level for people just starting out, who may have dropped 50$ on a Guardian or Feywild pack, but don't have capped out chars or great wealth to pay to win.
  • wanderer0000wanderer0000 Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    mulhorand is the most unfair and absurd item cryptic ever produced, but is also a good "welcome" to new players as they will start to get used to having their asses kicked, worry not, when you hit lvl 60 it will only become WAY worse unless you pay dearly or work for the game for months playing at least 3 hours every day.
  • xzdvkrxzdvkr Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Look at the PVE Side, leveling sucks, the enchanted growing weapon made that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> a lot easier, plus the fact that I did not have to bother on changing it all throughout the 60 Lvls.
    I do admit it made PVP a lot easier, but if it bothers you so much just go ahead and skip it, you get the most xp from the campaigns anyway and the Glory gain from low levels is rather crappy, not like it makes much of a difference towards your lvl 60 gear.
  • doriangreighdoriangreigh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 707 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    gausnen wrote: »
    So many twinks with mulhorand gear and op enchants on them for the level.

Just had a match with a gwf (20-29 bracket) who solo'd our whole team outside the spawn without a sweat.

There are a lot of comments on this thread about this issue. I agree with you in that it "seems" unfair, but at the same time I somewhat agree with other people that a player has leveled at least 1 toon to 60 and is now using that character to make uber low level character. One school of thought is that person might have had their butt hand fed to them on their first play through and now is making a new toon that can spoon feed other peoples arses to them. Some people might just be jerks and get off on soloing a whole team in PVP.

There is a brightside, people that do this can only be in that bracket for so long, have you seen how much XP you get for winning a PVP match? Later in the game I was getting over 8k xp in some matches, averaging about 5 - 7k xp most of the time. Again I lost a lot too but imagine the OP players out there winning match after match, they are leveling out of the bracket pretty fast.

Its probably not a good suggestion but if you are meeting a lot of OP players in pvp in the low level brackets (especially the 10 -20 and 20-30 brackets and somewhat the 30-40 bracket) then take a PVP brake, get your 1 - 2 matches in for the daily and just stop for the day, don't use your toon on any quests either ... do whatever you can think of to do something else for a couple of days. Those OP people will be out of the bracket and new players will fill the void (presumeably).

Personally I dont' think this is a good game to be PVP only and I think far too many people make too much of the PVP aspect which is just supposed to be a secondary aspect of an RPG MMO and way too many people think of it as primary aspect of a game or view it like some sort FPS wracking up as many kills as possible.

Which brings me to another point. If you are a pvp player and that is your focus, remember you are on a "team" and being #1 in kills is NOT the freaking goal, your goal is to score points for your team and you don't do that by wracking up kills for yourself you do that by capping nodes and keeping them capped, padding your own glory rewards is secondary and nobody else cares about "your" glory reward they only care about the win and the victory token for a daily and the big glory for winning the match and maybe a shot at a drop of tenacity gear that might get sold for a nice sum of AD.

So for all you PVP people out there gloating about your kill/death ratio need to shut it ... its a team game and just because someone isn't getting kills doesn't mean they aren't helping the team. By the same token if another player see's you fighting and jumps in to assist and just happens to get in the hit that kills ... STOP your whining about kill stealing ... kill credit does nothing to affect who wins the match.
    edited June 2014
    I'm not too concerned with the ancient mulhorand weapons. They give a 20-40% stat and damage advantage. I'm more interested in rank 10 enchants giving a player double or triple the gearscore of another player. This is at lower-levels where gearscore matters more due to the lack of perfect armor enchants and the full-array of skills not being unlocked yet.
  • calvin1tagcalvin1tag Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The PvP hasn't been balanced ever - and it's worse every module release why does this surprise you (what is "fair" anyways...when you win?)
    edited June 2014
    I can understand some people gave a suggestion that if meeting op players too often, u can try to take a break. In general, that is a good suggestion in the current rules. But PVP still is a very important aspect of this game. Many skills you don't use often in PVE shine in PVP. I learned many skills of CW from PVP.
    I will not bother to support this post if I only met op players in 3-4 matches out 10. The truth is that it is 8 out 10 in my experience. I can imagine it will get worse. Because it is not expensive to buy an ancient hulhorand weapons, and players who has some main characters can put their weapon and normal higher rank enchants to their alts with costing only some golds.
    You can say it is still a fair game but not for new players. And I think it is not the way people like pvp domination.

Join the Greycloaks

• mircalla83mircalla83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 36
    edited June 2014
    Fun thing: There is a new, 'Bound to Account' Item like this, the 'Slayer of Xvim' Set. 1 Piece Lockbox, 1 Piece Eventloot, 1 Piece IWD Campaign.
  • hudman21hudman21 Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Wouldn't it be better to maybe make gear score brackets instead of level brackets? Then people with high gear scored lower level toons would face off against each other. Actually, wouldn't that be better for every level PvP?

Twinking in lower levels is nothing new to MMOs. Once people learn what gear will make them OP in a PvP match they will build their toons up accordingly.
    Life is full of drains, I prefer to be a fountain