test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hunter Ranger Most DMG/ Best heals ?

fuzzychaos13fuzzychaos13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
edited June 2014 in PvE Discussion
So Iv'e seen many HR's nowadays using very suspicious manners of play.
The HR abilities are very very overpowered, and from what i've read and heard
using Greater Plague fire with the new paragon path, gives an almost unlimited amount of Procs/ticks
on the new trap ability they have, so all they have to do is cast that move, and it will proc constantly
instead of procing only a few times as intended ( please look into this ).

Also Meditation and and Daily which requires only 75% of AP, that gives a FULL HEAL 100%.

Insane amount of dodges. Dev's please take a look at HR abilities and how calculations with with regen/incoming healing bonus/self healing abilities, and dmg # stacks. Thank you.
Post edited by fuzzychaos13 on

Comments

• silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Not to be snarky but is your main by chance a GWF?
    I aim to misbehave
  • fuzzychaos13fuzzychaos13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    silence1x wrote: »
    Not to be snarky but is your main by chance a GWF?

No my main is a TR actually.
    Solomant@fuzzykaos13
  • williep30williep30 Member Posts: 773 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    No my main is a TR actually.
    Solomant@fuzzykaos13

Ah. So the other top pvp class, whose only rivals are GWFs and HRs...

Are you permastealth too?
    I hear "learn to play" all the time, but it seems to me that it should be defined as "my class is balanced, except when others beat it, then THAT class is OP"...
  • thegrandexenothegrandexeno Member Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    williep30 wrote: »
    Are you permastealth too?

Cmoon, don't tease him XD
    • Halflingas The Great - Stormwarden HR(60)
  • juicebox87juicebox87 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The GPF ticks only once with the new paragon path. Its not unlimited nor is it overpowered in any sense considering you are a TR and can stand in stealth and Bilethorn someone to death. Its a matter of utility with Thornward, So I suggest just standing off point and killing them.
  • stah01stah01 Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Forest Meditation doesnt heal to 100%. You can outdamage it and not to mention YOU DO NO DAMAGE AND CANT MOVE.
    GShBCGl.jpg
  • fuzzychaos13fuzzychaos13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    Using GPF with certain abilities bugs out, and gives huge numbers of constant ticks of a certain ability, im not sure what the name of the ability is, but it is the new ability which makes that annoying noise when it procs every seconds. If you disagree that there is a bug with that Ability, then do some more testing. If procs constantly.

and sirry, You cannot out damage Meditation, please dont even start with that. show me a video please. ya you do no dmg and you cant move while your Stamina bar is completely filled by the times its done.

HR is currently very OP.
  • osterdracheosterdrache Member Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    using Greater Plague fire with the new paragon path, gives an almost unlimited amount of Procs/ticks

Wrong. Plague fire gives one aditionL CA proc, at best two, and this is intended (because initial CA target set does no dmg)
    on the new trap ability they have, so all they have to do is cast that move, and it will proc constantly

Wrong. As stated above. And its not a trap (starwars fishmen maybe have maybe different opinion).
    If u mean bear trap, I havent seen anyone using this.
    Also Meditation and and Daily which requires only 75% of AP, that gives a FULL HEAL 100%

Wrong. Again. Not even 50% (if not heavy buffed with feats and incomingHB). But if ur a TR, hitting like a wet noodle and flurry mindlessly on an meditating HR ("How dare u are chilling in front of me, bro"), yeah, the healing is indeed great.
    Insane amount of dodges

Guess what… Wrong! The immunity window of HR dodges is very small, maybe half of other classes dodges. Also the timing is odd so HRs have to play guessing games. Every HR would take the three cw dodges in an instant instead of these random minidodges.
    Dev's please take a look at HR abilities and how calculations with with regen/incoming healing bonus/self healing abilities, and dmg # stacks

What? That makes no sense. The only thing that is really an issue is the HR armor set bonus not under healing depression and can proc from some strange DoT mechanics.
    U realize that theres even a path in paragon feats (Nature) that focus on HR as an off-healer? But in trade of dmg output.
    Thank you

No, thank YOU! For revealing ur lack of understanding HR abilities and mechanics. I am just guessing: but ur TR got smacked very hard by HRs recently?
  • hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    Most Damage? No, that would be GWF, followed by CW probably.

Best heals? Currently yes our PVP set heals for a lot but it's getting nerfed. However, HR doesn't have any move like ITC or Unstoppable or stealth, so if they're going to contest anything they need these heals which are going away.

Plaguefire procs careful attack 1 or 2 times. I've tested it. Working as intended.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Thread isn't even remotely constructive (and you may kindly keep the backhanded dev bashing out of your posts, thanks!) and there's already more or less an identical thread on the same matter.

As such, I'm closing this down.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.