test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Level gap and experience gains?

davidrsmith93davidrsmith93 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
edited June 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Hi, my friend and I are trying to quest together but as he is 11 levels lower than me, he's gaining next to no experience, is there at cap at a level gap that stops you from power leveling with higher levels and if so, what's the highest gap we can play together and still get the same xp? Thanks.
Post edited by davidrsmith93 on

Comments

• djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Foes 7 level higher or lower than your own will not return any xp. Killing is not the main xp gain. I suggest you help him do his quest until he catches up.
  • thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Purely questing, you will also run out of exp to because the quests out level you. I think it is designed to be done more gradually with some crafting and dungeons thrown in.

Very frustrating for my friends trying to knock out quests to lvl up.
  • djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The small gaps are easily closed by Foundry and Leadership Profession I usualy reach 60 in The Chasm Area... Which is level for around lvl 55 or so.
  • gertrude4lifegertrude4life Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I leveled up easily with the last 2 maps not even entered by 60, by doing foundries and professions. I even skipped one map because I really hate spiders.
  • cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    LOL I was told I was doing it it wrong leveling up alts and running out of quests or leveling out of "level appropriate quests" early.

To the OP best bet is to go help him/her finish up quests that you have done to catch up to you. As it stands now it will not happen for him to catch up without one or the other not getting exp. Also solo foundries, and pvp domination are great for this.