test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

RNG Drops...Not Even Close...It's a DPS drop....

susp3ktsusp3kt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 38 Arc User
edited June 2014 in PvE Discussion
I read the forums regularly and even give my opinion on items/topics from time to time....but this is my 1st thread.

I am SO FED UP with the way drops are set up in the M3/Ice Wind Dale.

I'd be fine with RNG.....it is what it is and I could accept that. But it's not.

The drops are completely biased to DPS....if you're a healer...go pound sand!!

I've run Kessell's like 40-50 times with many of my same guildies/friends. Yes, that's right...if you're a GWF or CW...you already have 3 or more in half as many runs. And me...my DC...go pound sand...you get nothing. I know the overall drop rate is being reduced with the patch, so if the drop equations aren't fixed, no point in going there anymore....

Oh, you want a main hand drop from a Beholder or Prospectors...forget it!

I won't even start on how the 20% BI resistance requirement to get into Kessell's is F'd....how could you overlook that??? Let's tell everyone they need 20% resistance....and then not let them in. Nice....

I sure hope this patch tomorrow fixes something, because this whole loot/drop system is trash....
Post edited by susp3kt on

Comments

• tickdofftickdoff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    My DC and GF got their gloves FAR faster than my CW or HR. Maybe 10 or so total runs for the DC, only about 3 or 4 for the GF. The HR has well over 50 runs and no gloves, and the CW finally got them but it took multiple runs per day from the beginning untill 2 days ago.

I am pretty sure the drop chance is NOT based on DPS. It *MAY* be partially related to the number of people involved in the fight, but even that is subject to debate (unless there has been an official post I am unaware of)
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Healing counts too...but buffing does not. If you are a DC, stop buffing, focus on heals - Astral Shield, Astral Seals, Forgemaster's flame and Sun Burst...and yes, be careful to follow the script - loot this, free that, burn this etc....after I figured this out I have been getting purples in 50% of the 6-10 man HEs I have participated in.

Having said that, there is a patch on Preview now, which should go live tomorrow....and that will make things easier for DCs and GFs, as healing and damage taken will count even more than before. I do expect to see TRs start to complain afterwards, though.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I wish it were really based in DPS then I would gain everything with almost not effort man but unfortunately it is not like that, it's a stupid RNG, I have been unable to get the MH or good drop in KR even though I'm always top dpser. I haven't seen the Elk Tribe Great Axe not BI Hammer so far and I hate this, no matter how much you have invested in your gear or how good you are playing, it's just luck.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I've laid out more 60-100K crits on those things than I can count, without getting anything. I daresay it's not DPS based.
  • naicalusnaicalus Member Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Also unless you manage to get there at the instant it begins, there's not even a point in going half the time, it seems. Last time I saw Remorhaz spawn, by the time I got there it was at 75% of its health because it gets insta-swarmed, fought the rest of the way, got 25 raw black ice. Oh, joy. :P

The time I managed to be there already when it spawned, I got junky green materials and a potion and not even a lousy rank 4 to feed to my artifact. :P

Granted with my latency, I doubt half my attacks even register on the server in time, so it probably thinks I'm doing like 3 damage, 62k Lashing Blade crits not withstanding. :P
    Largely inactive, playing Skyforge as Nai Calus.
  • goldmember7goldmember7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 36
    edited June 2014
    I am not sure if it makes you feel better but I have been grinding it on a TR, a CW and GF. Number of purple drops: 0. No gloves, no weapon, nothing. At least I cannot say that the loot tables are biased for a certain class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kabinoleskabinoles Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I am a GWF from the first day till now nothing and I have done every thing the quest said do this or do that,nothing
    I have read on the forum ppl that just poke the remo or beholder run away stand back let others do the work got bracers and weapons
    or get late when the remo or beholder is at 25% , do a couple of hits get the bracers or weapon
    and not only that, the same ppl that win those keep getting them that they salvage them
    if this is rng than it stinks,oh just got a title for HE's now I can show every body that I have done a lot of HE's and still no bracers or weapon.I will go with the bears let them claw me to death
    and in most epic I am first or 3th ,so something is very wrong here.
    and this will never work epic he's are for 10 or less ppl and they let it spawn in a openworld,for me those epic HE's should be like skirmish you get 1 hour to test your luck if you dont get it you wait for the other one
    and kessel should be a dungeon not skirmish
  • silverquicksilverquick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Well its partially DPS based depending on your class, Partially based on following the script, Partially based on Healing, Partially based on damage taken... THEN... on top of that its RNG...

So its all of them at once.

I didn't know it was based on damage taken as well... no wonder I've been making a killing on these heh. Between my DPS, my own healing/lifesteal, massive amounts of damage taken, and following the script, I'm doing great.
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Got bracers first or 2nd epic on my dc and gf, 14th try on my cw.
  • aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Then why hasn't my GWF got anything? He takes and heals far more damage than my CW and dishes out as much.
  • yethensyethens Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I was going to start a thread about the rewards from Kessell's squirmish because, really I feel cheated. I mean, it's a really hard epic squirmish, people die very often so you expect some epic reward. Well, no epic reward at all. Just some black ice and a couple of ingredients.
    Needless to say how dissapointed I am. Therefore I am not going to run any more Kessell's until rewards are more according to the EPIC character of this squirmish.
    Please someone notify this failure to the devs.
    Thank you
  • proneificationproneification Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 494 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    It's definitely not DPS based. I'm landing 100K Oppressive Forces that hit 15 targets during Eye of the Storm, followed by meatball crits and I still don't have my gloves after I lost count of the HEs I did. My GWF is almost as DPS-hungry as the CW, no gloves, no main hand.

Worst part?

We did these HEs in 5 men, all friends group. Nobody passed by, nobody touched the mobs - but us.

Neither of us got any epics...
  • walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    wrong. on my CW done 150+ epics = ZERO purple, of any kind
  • susp3ktsusp3kt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Good to see the replies and the opinions.

I must clarify....I was referring to Kessell's with the title, I should have been more clear. I certainly can't explain it, it's just that I see GWF's and CW's getting the vast majority of all the artifact drops on my runs....and that in my chat with people, it seems as though they are receiving the bulk of the multi-artifact drops as well (on sevral runs, not on the same one).

In regard to the HEs, I have heard and read that the DC needs to focus on heals and not debuffs. That makes sense to me, but the difficulty in that being one of the primary/deciding value...is that not every DC is feated for heals. I am a 15.5k GS DC, run high prophet and greater terror. My build is all about buff/debuff. So it is very unlikely that I will ever top the healing 'charts' even with a healing rotation. Add to that that the majority, IMO, of high GS classes stack life steal and there isn't always that much healing needed anyway.

Just for comparison, I have 4 Orbs on my CW, with fewer runs....than my DC who has not received a single Main Hand.

Also, I am well aware that it should be difficult....the we should all need to work for these items. I also realize that we can't even refine the main hand for almost another 2 weeks. I am just stating what appears to be some inconsistencies between the drop requirements/frequency between classes.

I finally got my bracers on my CW earlier today and can hit Kessell's for about 4-5 hours before the patch, so I'll have a chance to test the theory in advance of the update....and not that it will matter after....

Cheers and happy hunting....
  • qutsemniequtsemnie Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Module 3 Release Notes
    -Changed power because it was to hard for people to figure out.
    -Introduced cryptic invisible scoring system for distribution of loot that will give you no feedback about what to do better.

I crack myself up!
  • mfgamesysmfgamesys Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    the problem is you need the first few hits on the boss(remo or beholder) and do not die.
    Main-Lothor Syralth Guardian Fighter
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    yethens wrote: »
    I was going to start a thread about the rewards from Kessell's squirmish because, really I feel cheated. I mean, it's a really hard epic squirmish, people die very often so you expect some epic reward. Well, no epic reward at all. Just some black ice and a couple of ingredients.
    Needless to say how dissapointed I am. Therefore I am not going to run any more Kessell's until rewards are more according to the EPIC character of this squirmish.
    Please someone notify this failure to the devs.
    Thank you

You can get purified and corrupt black ice cloaks and rings , corrupt and purified lesser enchantments and the black ice beholder artifact , those are half decent rewards for not too much work.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    From the latest patch notes on the preview forum:

"Heroic Encounter Major and Epic scoring for has been updated:
    The chance to get an epic item from a Heroic Success has been slightly lowered.
    The participation requirement to get the Heroic Success participation level of rewards has been lowered.
    Healing and damage taken participation scoring values has been greatly increased.
    The overall effect should be that it is easier to qualify and receive the best rewards for all classes, but especially for tanking and healing roles."
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • marushiatronmarushiatron Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Welcome to Neverwinter, where everything is made up and points don't matter
  • daalydaaly Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    bioshrike wrote: »

The participation requirement to get the Heroic Success participation level of rewards has been lowered.
    Healing and damage taken participation scoring values has been greatly increased.
    The overall effect should be that it is easier to qualify and receive the best rewards for all classes, but especially for tanking and healing roles."

K tbh this make about as much sense as a screen door on a submarine....we all know theres major issues with the encounter RNG by itself and throw into the mix the sub-set of additional scoring values and your setting yourself up for trouble. And why was the drop % lowered? Has dying during the Major and Epic encounters been taken into consideration? As in I die due to the Black Ice Damage the Named and trash puts out get revived or self rez due to enchantment does the scoring values I had up to the point of my death reset if so theres another major flaw right there. If not addressed correctly this whole mod is a complete bust aside from a few fluff things and yes I have received not one Black Ice piece since launch on my GF...but hey I got that wonderful 50 encounter plus achievment as a parting gift.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    daaly wrote: »
    K tbh this make about as much sense as a screen door on a submarine....we all know theres major issues with the encounter RNG by itself and throw into the mix the sub-set of additional scoring values and your setting yourself up for trouble. And why was the drop % lowered? Has dying during the Major and Epic encounters been taken into consideration? As in I die due to the Black Ice Damage the Named and trash puts out get revived or self rez due to enchantment does the scoring values I had up to the point of my death reset if so theres another major flaw right there. If not addressed correctly this whole mod is a complete bust aside from a few fluff things and yes I have received not one Black Ice piece since launch on my GF...but hey I got that wonderful 50 encounter plus achievment as a parting gift.

My thoughts on the matter are that they adjusted things so more people are able to qualify for the higher tiers of HE participation rewards, but lowered the chance of getting the best items from said rewards to account for the increased number of people that would be getting said higher-end rewards.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    dieing does not matter. The one black ice purple weapon that I have got on my theif I got while I was dead after fighting the beholder.

I got caught in his slam when he was at about 5% and was not rezzed in time. I stayed dead on the ground hoping I would still qualify for the rewards (didn't want to rez and be out of range). Once the rest of the group finished off the beholder I got the Weapon in my reward.
  • calvin1tagcalvin1tag Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I don't know how many runs I've done but I do know its over 40 hours worth and I've gotten nothing for my GWF, CW or TR and I've lost count of HE's I've ran in every possible way
  • kabinoleskabinoles Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    they make it worse
  • katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    bioshrike wrote: »

I have almost 100 major encounters done and I have NEVER, EVER gotten a "Heroic success", even if I did half of the encounter by myself.

The scoring/reward determining method id bull****.
  • guille23mxguille23mx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Guys this is cryptic's world!
    I mean ...seriously you think they are with the players????

U qq about something they need to buff... They nerf it.
    Example;
    we complaint about arms drop rate.... They punish us and reduce it.
    There.
    You all need to learn the rules in neverwinter.
    When new stuff (module,promotions,etc) comes up :
    1.-the drop rates are up there and drop decently..
    2.- all the players who were fortunate enough to take advantage of if... Good for them.
    3.- then heres comes the hammer/nerf/cryptic suppervisor with the patch and...
    4.- bam !!! All other players are screwed ...almost for life with that "new nerfed drop rate"

i should know better. I got 3 chars. I got 1 gwf,1 tr and 1 gf.
    On the first day of iwd my gwf got 2 arms
    on the first day of iwd my tr got 2 arms and 2 off hands weap from beholder.
    On the first day and still specially after patch my gf have got NOTHING

welcome to neverwinter!
  • barq3tbarq3t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 165 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    I fell sorry for all those fools who bought all these gauntlets and pickaxes, refined thousands of black ice and wont be able to get full black ice gear on time cuz of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> drop rate of gauntlets/weapons :D cryptic troll master :D

Offtop: Is there any more alt-unfriendly game out there? I mean collecting all this stuff for multiple toons would take years... And ffs why arent weps/gloves boa instead of bop?