test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can We Play Too ?

kkmcoodleskkmcoodles Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
I'm a casual player of NW, as are most of my friends... we play weekends and a couple of times during the week... we don't mind not being able to acquire all the fancy gear because we don't have time to grind out 50 dungeon runs a week... it's really not that important to us... but please don't exclude us from at least being able to take part in the same content as the more dedicated players... we all have our 20%, and 12k gear but we're still unable to enter Kessell's Retreat... we do the epic encounters, and one of us has the gloves needed to get in... but the odds against all of us being able to play that part of the game together are astronomical... I hope someone is listening...
Post edited by kkmcoodles on

Comments

• Options
    verzavusverzavus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Exactly what is withholding you from entering? Find the problem at hand and tackle that. Don't ask the forum to do that for you.
    If you only play in the weekends you could still earn AD's by buying the right stuff when it's cheap and selling when it's expensive.

If I read this message carefully, I read the subliminal message "give me free stuff." I, as they say, do not dig that.
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    kkmcoodles wrote: »
    we all have our 20%, and 12k gear but we're still unable to enter Kessell's Retreat...

The broken entry requirement is being fixed with this weeks patch so you and your group should be able to start running it tomorrow , can't see where you ask for free stuff so I'm guessing the guy above didn't read your post properly.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I'm afraid you didn't read it very carefully... you can't buy your way in, ADs has nothing to do with it... you need more than 20% BI resistance, and the only way to get that at the moment is by getting the gloves drops... sorry if I didn't state this clearly enough... try reading it again...
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    thank you iambecks1, for an intelligent response... wish there were more people like you on this forum...
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    If you want to keep apprised of any upcoming changes, the Preview/Test Shard section of this forum is a great asset: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?1192-NeverwinterPreview-Announcements-Release-Notes

I've only just gotten to the point where I can refine my black ice gear, so I'm anxious to progress in the campaign as well...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    thank you bioshrike... maybe I was to quick to judge based on the rotten response of one person... perhaps there are more helpful people on these forums than I imagined...
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Some skirmish related question.

Can I enter it if I have boots, helmet and a belt from IWD pvp campaign? Thanks in advance
  • Options
    jintortlejintortle Member Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    verzavus wrote: »
    Exactly what is withholding you from entering? Find the problem at hand and tackle that. Don't ask the forum to do that for you.
    If you only play in the weekends you could still earn AD's by buying the right stuff when it's cheap and selling when it's expensive.

If I read this message carefully, I read the subliminal message "give me free stuff." I, as they say, do not dig that.

The problem is that the ingame message is that you can enter Kessels Retreat with 20% Black Ice Gear - the reality is that you have to break game and character to come here to even find out what is wrong - U need 3 pieces not the 2 that is basically stated because you can get 20%.

They were not asking for something for free but was plainly stated in game as the requirements but plainly is not.

You read your own *** .... No game should even have to have forums to find out what is broken let alone being trolled by you. I want a Forum Ignore so I never have to see your flaming Trolling posts again. Don't feed the Trolls but you are just so Lame!!!
    Genus Draco Fad and the Muster@Jintortle
    ID: NW-DD5FLOBTJ
    Cult of the Dragon Foundry Contest - Please participate and vote for your favourite - 26/6/2014 contest rating begins.

Sir Camps A Lot. Mr SlingShot Boom. XX Phantasmagorical. Jinn Dragonfeast.
    SlingShot Boom Jr. Jocan Traders. Little Lord Forgatty, Dwarf Mean and introducing Necro Torquemada (The Warlock)
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    vasdamas wrote: »
    Some skirmish related question.

Can I enter it if I have boots, helmet and a belt from IWD pvp campaign? Thanks in advance

Right now, there is a bug that you basically must have over the 20% black ice resistance required to enter. That is supposedly addressed in an upcoming patch.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    The broken entry requirement is being fixed with this weeks patch so you and your group should be able to start running it tomorrow , can't see where you ask for free stuff so I'm guessing the guy above didn't read your post properly.

Wait, it is? Awsome!
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    just another shout out to bioshrike... that link you posted... "If you want to keep apprised of any upcoming changes, the Preview/Test Shard section of this forum is a great asset: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/for...-Release-Notes"... had a ton of great info in it... thank you again, KK
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Well, we the casual players are all in and enjoying Kessell's Retreat along with our more dedicated counterparts... thank you to the developers for fixing the problem, and to all those who supplied helpful information... you know, I haven't read every post "very carefully" so I may have missed it, as it may have been "subliminal", but has anyone seen mr. verzavus's apology... "can you dig that" :D
  • Options
    thegrandexenothegrandexeno Member Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    Is it you, Valindra? :rolleyes:
    JHC what a useless necro
    • Halflingas The Great - Stormwarden HR(60)