test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

do you care about eu players or not? i want to know

gunbahahagunbahaha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 139
edited June 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
ok dear devs
i have spent some money for the game and i like it a lot
recently i made a post regarding pros and cons of this game
i can put up with low content as i wait for more and i can wait for arenas etc
but the game is just unplayable for most of us from eu
and i mean that many days and in most places after mod 3 (and before)
you press a button and wait for 2-3 secs to see it happen
ofc this means no chance for pvp or even high level pve since you die and see it later...
this is ruining all the fun for me and in the end i will be forced to drop the game along with many of my friends if we dont see this fixed
to fix this i dont think that a simple rr of the server is enough but we need seperate servers and if you think that there is not enough activity for this just merge the instances and we will be fine
all serious mmos have dif us and eu servers since my ping to a us server is about 250 all the time WHEN things go well and it can go up to 1000 easily
so i need an official answer
is this going to happen any time in the future? or im wasting my time and money?
i think i have the right to know as a player and investor
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    fdsakhfduewhfiuffdsakhfduewhfiuf Member Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    gunbahaha wrote: »
    but the game is just unplayable for most of us from eu

How do you know it is unplayable for "most of us"? I guess it is not.

I am living in Germany and I'm rarely having issues with latency. Have you ever tried to use "tracert" to see where
    the latency is coming from?
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    My latency is 350-380 all the time and have no significant problems with laggs. Or did I just get used to it? ._.
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I live in the UK and most of the time the game is perfectly playable. My ping isn't fantastic which somewhat hinders PvP (although that could just be my lousy reflexes) but generally I don't see any obvious lag or other issues.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    vasdamas wrote: »
    My latency is 350-380 all the time and have no significant problems with laggs. Or did I just get used to it? ._.

You probably get used. When I was playing from Belarus (Eastern Europe) at the international server, I had 250+ ping. And the game looked ok. In PvP people sometimes teleported 5-10 feet away from me, my abilities sometimes got canceled going on 2 sec CD etc. But then they opened official RU server and I decided to try to play there. It was day and night. At 60-100 ping with not a single lag it was unbelievable. I did like over9000 better in PvP. I can't play on Dragon anymore.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    capkokocapkoko Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I live in spain and i suffer lag mostly in PvP battles. I have good ping and a very good internet connection and i dont have problems with other games. Is a pain in the *** doing PvP, made a hit and see nothing happened like you hit the air. It happend many times, not sure if its is game related or no but mades this kind of battles awfull. This problem disappear with game mobs.
  • Options
    gunbahahagunbahaha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 139
    edited June 2014
    indeed i asked some ppl from uk and germany and they seem to have less issues
    i live in greece and seems that other countries suffer more than others
    BUT
    attitude like "hey we dont have problem you have" will cause this series of events=
    owners will see that not all have the problem - decide not to invest on upgrading the game/servers/whatever - ppl that have problem like me will stop investing/leave game - game will go down in population / competition / earnings for company - ppl will start going to other games - all will lose
    so if you guys think of the future of this game and not "haha he has lag i kill him" start being more mature and lets ask for a fix seriously

same goes for every major problem of this game but to speak of the other problems first we must be able to PLAY it
  • Options
    dingleberrytruthdingleberrytruth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    There is an expected range of latency. Neverwinter exceeds this. I play from South-East Asia, Singapore.

On Tera EU, I get 3-350ms, which is normal based on our routing. US West 190-220ms. US East, 25-280. You can call this plucking numbers from thin air or just the pings I've come to expect from playing various MMOs.

Neverwinter hovers between 320-360. At times edging on 400.

This is odd, but we've grown used to it. But lately what troubles us more than other issues, is rubberbanding in dungeons. Is that a problem for you guys as well?
  • Options
    thegrandexenothegrandexeno Member Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    Mmm rubberbanding and such came for me with Mod3, but now it seems to have subsided.
    My problem (Europe) is probably high ping because in pvp, as example, I use marauder escape and I find myself proned at the end of the animation. Or that I feel that melee attacks are "ranged" too much (like 20ft) just means I am not seeing the real position of my enemy.
    Trust me on this, when I played in Warhammer Online I did only pvp, so I recognize this kind of problems.
    • Halflingas The Great - Stormwarden HR(60)
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    You probably get used. When I was playing from Belarus (Eastern Europe) at the international server, I had 250+ ping. And the game looked ok. In PvP people sometimes teleported 5-10 feet away from me, my abilities sometimes got canceled going on 2 sec CD etc. But then they opened official RU server and I decided to try to play there. It was day and night. At 60-100 ping with not a single lag it was unbelievable. I did like over9000 better in PvP. I can't play on Dragon anymore.
    Meh...I can't bare the mentality in there. You know all those dooodes and kids - . -
  • Options
    lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Agreed. As a Melee char fighting usually against Melee foes, once the fight has started the latency does not matter much, I stand in front of the foe and I hit, the foe stands in front of me and it hits, not a problem if what I can see on the screen is the result of a mouseclick done five seconds ago. In pvp though, trying to chase an opponent who disappeared five seconds ago, or to dodhe a daily that your opponent launched at you five seconds ago, that is just giving freewin points to the North-american opponent for his pvp campaign.

Most MMOs have dedicated servers by country. Cryptic claims they have more than two millions players, that's more than enough to open a EU server.
  • Options
    psyb3rtr011psyb3rtr011 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Southeast Asia has the same problem. I cannot even log on after 9 am local time, until midnight. This all started after the launch of Mod 3, but even before Mod 3, I was still not able to log between 1 pm and midnight.

Ping rate is constantly +/- 300, jumping up too over 600 when I am unable to log on.
    Psyb3rTr011
    AKA Cyber Troll and Euben Hadd
  • Options
    mircalla83mircalla83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 36
    edited June 2014
    BUT
    attitude like "hey we dont have problem you have" will cause this series of events=
    owners will see that not all have the problem - decide not to invest on upgrading the game/servers/whatever - ppl that have problem like me will stop investing/leave game - game will go down in population / competition / earnings for company - ppl will start going to other games - all will lose
    so if you guys think of the future of this game and not "haha he has lag i kill him" start being more mature and lets ask for a fix seriously

same goes for every major problem of this game but to speak of the other problems first we must be able to PLAY it

You said you asked people from the UK and from Germany. You also said that you live in Greece.
    Don't you think that the general level of Internet related infrastructure inside a country factors into the connection? When the cables inside the country you live in, where the signal runs through, are decades old copper lines, no investment by the game provider can help you - unless you expect them to invest so that YOU get a state-of-the-art wiring up to YOUR house.
    And on topic of dingleberrytruth's TERA example....
    Lets say it this way, I played TERA EU, Servers in the UK (or in Ireland, not fully sure there), and usually had half second delays and upwards. This also applied to another game run by the same Company, the EU Version of AION.
    However, playing on the official NA Roleplaying Server for TERA (run by the US subsidary of the actual developing company) had me sitting at 200, 300ms, tops. On a TRANSATLANTIC line. NA Aion, on the other hand? Unplayable for me, 2-3 Second delays.
    So with TERA, it is not about routing, it is about the company that runs the EU servers, and who has....questionable in their quality of service, in the eyes of me, a former customer of them (yes, I actually paid them. Once. By buying one of the last boxed copies of TERA EU).
    A routing issue, like some people mentioned, is noticeable when you sit in Australia/New Zealand.
    Most 'routing' is done via Transpacific cable, towards Hawaii. This means a couple thousand miles/kilometers/potatoes without ANY active signal boosting.
    Technically, it would be more useful to route via shorter line towards the asian main land, towards Japan, and from there via the LARGE Array of transpacific cables directly to the US coast.
    You can easily check here: http://www.submarinecablemap.com/
  • Options
    firkraaqfirkraaq Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2014

+1 for the idea, one question - how did you manage to play on RU server? I would like to give it a shot too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    thegrandexenothegrandexeno Member Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    My guess it that they opened a RU server for a matter of community (language), not for ping related problems. Just my guess, in the end.
    • Halflingas The Great - Stormwarden HR(60)
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I live in the UK and most of the time the game is perfectly playable. My ping isn't fantastic which somewhat hinders PvP (although that could just be my lousy reflexes) but generally I don't see any obvious lag or other issues.

Same here , I'm in the UK and the only problem i have is latency ( I think ) in the new skirmish , I have just got used to what effect it has and have altered my gameplay to make up for it.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    silverquicksilverquick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    You know Becks, seems to be that way on the American side too.

I got DC'd in the skirmish a couple times last night. And its been rubber banding like crazy in there. I have no idea why, the rest of the game is normal, but that skirmish is just getting crazy. Feels like after that patch they did when we were on preview where I started to get a lot of the same things. They corrected that one on live, but for some reason that skirmish is just really screwy.
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    firkraaq wrote: »
    +1 for the idea, one question - how did you manage to play on RU server? I would like to give it a shot too.

Start the launcher and change the language to Russian in the options. I don't know if it's allowed to play on this server from Europe though, they often deny access to European servers for Russian IPs, so it might be work both ways (I can play anywhere from Belarus so cannot help here). And changing the language to Russian means you're forced to use it in game, so if you can't speak it I wouldn't suggest you to give it a shot :)
    My guess it that they opened a RU server for a matter of community (language), not for ping related problems. Just my guess, in the end.

Well, before Neverwinter all PWE games were published by other companies, I'm not sure why did they decide to publish Neverwinter themselves.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    antovarasantovaras Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    BUT

what's your tracert look like?
    A world to defend
    A city to protect
    innocents to save
    "Why?" They ask "they hate you"
    We're heroes it's what we do.
    *patiently waiting on Paragon City*
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Start the launcher and change the language to Russian in the options. I don't know if it's allowed to play on this server from Europe though, they often deny access to European servers for Russian IPs, so it might be work both ways (I can play anywhere from Belarus so cannot help here). And changing the language to Russian means you're forced to use it in game, so if you can't speak it I wouldn't suggest you to give it a shot :)

Well, before Neverwinter all PWE games were published by other companies, I'm not sure why did they decide to publish Neverwinter themselves.

PWE has contracts with other companies to license their game--as is the case with Russia. Hence, the reason that PWE has Russia on their "banned regions" list...you cannot create a Cryptic/PWE account (and thus use the Dragon shard) if your IP address originates from, or you reside in, Russia--it would fall to the company to whom PW has licensed their games to provide account services for that region. It would take me some time to find the actual relevant data, however, it can be found on the official Perfect World corporate website (http://www.pwrd.com --do note that this is the PARENT company website, not PWE)

As to lag, we have an entire sticky dedicated to assistance with diagnosing lag and rubberbanding issues. However, it's not as simple as extra servers (Cryptic has ALWAYS operated with a single shard architecture, which actually consists of several servers, not just a single server as is the misconception). As latency can be caused by factors too numerous to list here, I would suggest performing some of those tests and seeing what they turn up.

Bottom line, though, is that it's not about Cryptic "caring" about EU players, it's the plain and simple truth of internet based gaming. You cannot ever eliminate lag.

EDIT: Here's the link on licensing for PW games, as referenced above: http://www.pwrd.com/en/international/overseas/region/en_area.shtml
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.