test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Castle Never(ending) lag and rubberbanding

pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
Hello,

This instance used to function normally. Since a while now (3-4 weeks+), there's no escaping lag&rubberbanding. This varies from slight annoyance, to barely playable (case in the video), to completely unplayable.

Some background:

- very good 100 mbps connection
- clean, fast 8-core PC, well maintained, no spyware/viruses etc.
- Windows 7 x64

This is not happening to me only. Basically, regardless of party, there are ALWAYS at least 2-3 other people complaining.

I frapsed a video from a today run just in case it's needed...

http://youtu.be/KP0PZSVYbdI

You should be able to see my char being periodically dragged back, my teleports cause rubberband almost all the time, shard casting is a joke and takes 5 times as long as it should and so on. This is even a milder case of lag, there were those situations where our chars were just dragged all over the place, and we couldn't do absolutely anything.

Please take a look at this,

Thank you
Post edited by pers3phone on

Comments

• mcbeast1974mcbeast1974 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    pers3phone wrote: »
    Hello,

This instance used to function normally. Since a while now (3-4 weeks+), there's no escaping lag&rubberbanding. This varies from slight annoyance, to barely playable (case in the video), to completely unplayable.

Some background:

- very good 100 mbps connection
    - clean, fast 8-core PC, well maintained, no spyware/viruses etc.
    - Windows 7 x64

This is not happening to me only. Basically, regardless of party, there are ALWAYS at least 2-3 other people complaining.

I frapsed a video from a today run just in case it's needed...

http://youtu.be/KP0PZSVYbdI

You should be able to see my char being periodically dragged back, my teleports cause rubberband almost all the time, shard casting is a joke and takes 5 times as long as it should and so on. This is even a milder case of lag, there were those situations where our chars were just dragged all over the place, and we couldn't do absolutely anything.

Please take a look at this,

Thank you

Our guild has pretty much stopped running Castle Never the last few weeks as the final boss encounter is most of the time almost completely unplayable due to the rubber banding / lag issues described already by the OP.

Please can you look at this and fix asap as Castle Never is one of the main reasons a lot of our guildies are still playing this game. If the dungeon all players aspire to run and complete is not working this will have a seriously negative impact on player retention in the long run.

Tx.
  • dingleberrytruthdingleberrytruth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Deleted post.