test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Careful Attack

larzyntlarzynt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
So, Careful Attack it's a skill that allows you to deal extra damage once each 1.5seconds, if you are able to deal any kind of damage to the enemy.

As lot of PvP players known, this At-will is bugged.
This bug let Flaming / Plaguefire to activate this effect once each 1.5second, and each attack of this passive at-will let flaming / plaguefire work.

Extra: I've found a new bug. Even if noone is actually using it in PvP Domination or PvE dungeons, it's likely that everyone is going to abuse of it. I needed 5 minutes to discover it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mF_Hg4ajCSc
Post edited by larzynt on

Comments

• Options
    cookiecrisp15cookiecrisp15 Banned Users Posts: 532 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    wait wait wait so that means they can proc GPF endlessly with it?
    now i know how they burn me down by just running around and doing nothing :mad:
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    In addition, I don't know if it's a bug or not, but when I player move over an obstacle or goes stealth the at-will stop working.
    So if you are not visible doesn't work.
  • Options
    reagenlionel1reagenlionel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Also the ranged version of this attack when used on players doesnt seem to apply the health/stamina supply drop.

Admittedly though. trying to exploit the bug mentioned above.. I dont really see much reason in doing it. The damage is quite low, very low. It reapplies the weapon enchantment but all the time you use just using careful attack over and over could be better used actually attacking.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    wait wait wait so that means they can proc GPF endlessly with it?
    now i know how they burn me down by just running around and doing nothing :mad:

its not endlessly it s just longer then a no poison based enchant. and for me it s working as intended otherwise there should be no reason to switch to melee (has casting time and does less damage then the ranged versione) 1 tick per sec still single targed.
    if you deflect the first you 100% deflect all the tick. if dont, you start deflecting after the first tick deflected.
    in ranged you should no drop any stamina, so it s wai this too
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    If first proc crit, each tic deal damage as critical.

Yesterday on Target Dummy I dealed 67k just using this easy combo: Aimed Strike-> Careful Attack -> Thorn Ward.

If you used Aimed Strike after at-will doenst deal positon damage Careful Attack stop working. If you bug it with Aimed Strike it doesn't stop to proc, so you can just refresh Careful Attack.

Another cool bug I've found today it's Split the sky against Careful Attack. If you are under AoE of that encounter and enemy has Careful Attack it deals a sexy damage to you, like it procs each second and burn your HP.

I am wondering why devs doesn't even check / answer this post.
    I want just to know if this PlagueFire Effect it's bugged or it's ok. (no difference using Lesser Plaguefire or Greater one.)
  • Options
    freshourfreshour Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    FIX IT!!!!!! - Screw the new HR's because they easily take out the last mistake the Dev's made with the GWF lol. These new HR's are so bugged and OP it's silly man. They can defend it if they want, they just come off looking stupid. Please post these, and anymore you find.
  • Options
    schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Today a new bug entered pvp! Hunter Rangers : Hunters Teamwork At-will (the ranged version of Careful Attack) cause massive lag on targets they hit.
    PLS do somthing this is now extrem powerfull . Multi hitting 40-50k dots 2x tenacity ignoring skills aimed shot and thorn ward multi healing effects ignoring HD(oak skin also not effected by HD) and now laag causing skills .
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • Options
    znudenejznudenej Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Today a new bug entered pvp! Hunter Rangers : Hunters Teamwork At-will (the ranged version of Careful Attack) cause massive lag on targets they hit.
    PLS do somthing this is now extrem powerfull . Multi hitting 40-50k dots 2x tenacity ignoring skills aimed shot and thorn ward multi healing effects ignoring HD(oak skin also not effected by HD) and now laag causing skills .

1) Thorn Ward, Careful Attack, Aimed Shot - These skills aren't ignoring tenacity, same for deflect or defense.

2) HD works for Oak skin. (4/4 set bonus was ignoring HD, just same as set for GWF and GWFs Unstoppable Recovery feat, if I know it will be fixed in same patch)

3)Its not Hunter's Teamwork, its most likely your ISP or imagination, while all other things what you said here were false...
  • Options
    edited June 2014
  • Options
    hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    Plaguefire on its own adds one or two procs to careful attack.

Your video starts out misleading because you're applying a DOT- aimed strike- which of course will proc careful attack. Once that ends, you get 1 or two extra from plaguefire.

Working as intended.

The thing with plaguefire is once you hit 3 stacks, the duration is not refreshed. So after 1 or 2 extra procs of careful attack, the plaguefire debuff drops off.

You may be able to get perpetual careful attack hits with bilethorn, or maybe even flaming, but I don't think many HRs are going to switch to those just for careful attack procs.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • Options
    cookiecrisp15cookiecrisp15 Banned Users Posts: 532 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    i find it kinda meh when i play my pathfinder HR
    1.slot GPF
    2.carefull attack
    3.thorn ward
    4. run around node like an idiot
    5.????????
    6.profit
    best HR guide ever made.