test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Seriously, with the new mount cooldown GWF's have another advantage.

raareeeraareee Member Posts: 4 Arc User
edited June 2014 in PvE Discussion
In open world pvp. You're beating the GWF which is a nice achievement, once he's low HP he just sprints away to de-flag. I can't even mount up to catch him and they run as fast as 110% mounts. So whenever a GWF is in danger they just sprint away to de-flag from PVP....

Fix this mount cooldown seriously. It's so unfair. I can cope with their god mode but the way they can escape like it's nothing really pisses me off.
Post edited by raareee on

Comments

• kolevrakolevra Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It's super unfair. Look at the three most overpowered classes in the game (GWF,HR,TR), they also happen to be the three best classes at escaping enemies or even entire groups of enemies.

However, you really cant balance the game solely around this factor, what they need to do is implement a good reason to stand and fight in OWPVP (like holding the node in the Arena) or a serious disadvantage for fleeing in OWPVP (like losing the node in Arena). Without the node, theres really no victory in chasing an enemy away and theres no defeat in running away, that is the problem.
    --- Ranked matches need to be solo-queue only
    Enforce rainbow parties in PvP ---- 10v10 PvP ----
  • purp4purp4 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I think in open pvp you should have a red combat circle and if you go out of the circle you die/loose. Same for invis mobs they start to loose, then invis and run away. I am a DC and getting these kills is hard enough especialy when they run away and I can't catch them.
    edited June 2014
    purp4 wrote: »
    I think in open pvp you should have a red combat circle and if you go out of the circle you die/loose. Same for invis mobs they start to loose, then invis and run away. I am a DC and getting these kills is hard enough especialy when they run away and I can't catch them.

I think you're on the right track but this is a bit impractical. One of the best parts of OWPVP is utilizing environment/line of sight/etc. I don't want to die just because I broke line of sight from an enemy HR and stepped outside of a circle.
  • kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    kolevra wrote: »
    It's super unfair. Look at the three most overpowered classes in the game (GWF,HR,TR), they also happen to be the three best classes at escaping enemies or even entire groups of enemies.

However, you really cant balance the game solely around this factor, what they need to do is implement a good reason to stand and fight in OWPVP (like holding the node in the Arena) or a serious disadvantage for fleeing in OWPVP (like losing the node in Arena). Without the node, theres really no victory in chasing an enemy away and theres no defeat in running away, that is the problem.

That's a related, but seperate issue. An incentive/reason/motivation to really "fight" in OPvP would be welcome, but then its the same in all OPvP in any MMOG. Stealth classes or "runners" are always favored in OPvP. Nothing would change that.

However, like mentioned, from a different angle of things it comes down to the individual class as well -- GWFs (and to a MUCH LESSER extent, HRs as well) are too strong. Its the strongest there is when going toe-to-toe, as well as strongest there is in terms of running/survival in OPvP. Literally -- it destroys whatever that dares to face it in open combat, and simply runs away easily from whatever that it cannot defeat. OPvP just makes this aspect more clear to see. The GWF was ALWAYS like this, at least since mod2.

Do away with either [■ Gap closers and Sprint] or, [■ ranged/AoE prone, bugged AoE root and Unstoppable]. They don't need both.

Either make them the super resilient, CC spamming in-fighter that is absolutely dominating if you're caught, but has SERIOUS problems in drawing enemies into melee range.... or, make them the super mobile sword-slinging fighter, but at the price of all powers being melee ranged, as well as more fragile than GFs.

Developers, please, don't give them both. Its sheer fallacy.
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • forumnamesarelamforumnamesarelam Member Posts: 126 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    purp4 wrote: »

Oh Christmas crackers.

Do any of you guys understand the entire concept of "Open World PvP"?
    edited June 2014
    Please don't try to turn this into a QQ nerf thread.

I think a cool idea might be to give players with less than X% health a speed/stealth reduction in exchange for a huge defensive/regenerative buff. A "reduce this + buff that" type of thing could even be applied uniquely for different classes.

GWF : Back Against the Wall : Movement speed reduced + Lifesteal increased
    TR : Forced from the Shadows : Stealth locked + AP bar auto-filled.
    HR : Fight or Flight : Movement Speed reduced + Stamina refilled and auto-cooldowns
    CW : Focused Adrenaline : Deflection reduced + 100% control bonus
    GF : Final Stand : Defense reduced + Shield strength increased
    DC : Divine Intervention : Damage reduced + Damage Immunity and Bonus Healing

Heh, well, that was fun. Never going to be used though.
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Everybody can escape easily by logging off. It's a one-click keybind. Fair game for everyone.
  • ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I think GFs should be able to hop on their shield and fly off like a flying saucer!

On a serious note, its so frustrating as a GF to wait and wait to mount as the slowest class in the game. I also end up waiting 8 seconds after dying at the campfire spawn too!
    Shieldbash 60 GF ~ Iron Vanguard 19.0k
    Overpowered 60 CW ~ Thaumaturge 14.5k
    ==========================================

~ GF Buffs were great we are much better, please fix the bugs now... Thank you!
  • mrgiggles651mrgiggles651 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I remember back in beta/on release when people used to post pics in these forums when they saw a GM ingame. Almost inevitably, the GM's toon was a GWF.
    I wasted five million AD promoting the Foundry.
  • celticgamer0celticgamer0 Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Stop nerfing the classes! None of the classes need to be reduced! If you want balance for PvP then strenthen the weaker classes. Stop demanding nerfs please, it is killing PvE.

There should be three types of shards: PvP shard, PvE shard, and one for both. That way if PvP has an issue with OP or weak classes they will be the only shard affected. Please leave PvE alone.

We need balance, not nerfs!

Thank you.

P/S: Not meaning to flame the thread
    edited June 2014
    i remember back in beta/on release when people used to post pics in these forums when they saw a gm ingame. Almost inevitably, the gm's toon was a gwf.

i knew it!

edited June 2014
    Stop nerfing the classes! None of the classes need to be reduced! If you want balance for PvP then strenthen the weaker classes. Stop demanding nerfs please, it is killing PvE.

There should be three types of shards: PvP shard, PvE shard, and one for both. That way if PvP has an issue with OP or weak classes they will be the only shard affected. Please leave PvE alone.

We need balance, not nerfs!

Thank you.

P/S: Not meaning to flame the thread

Even if the CW, GF, and DC were buffed GWF should not be killing classes in 1 rotation and hitting for 20k-30k encounters?

• fuzzychaos13fuzzychaos13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    LMFAOOOOO YOU KIDDING ME? A THREAD ABOUT GWF'S AND MOUNTING TIMES? LMFAOOO you guys are a joke honestly.
  • fuzzychaos13fuzzychaos13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    raareee wrote: »
    In open world pvp. You're beating the GWF which is a nice achievement, once he's low HP he just sprints away to de-flag. I can't even mount up to catch him and they run as fast as 110% mounts. So whenever a GWF is in danger they just sprint away to de-flag from PVP....

Fix this mount cooldown seriously. It's so unfair. I can cope with their god mode but the way they can escape like it's nothing really pisses me off.

stop crying kid, lmaoo QQ about GWF's and open world pvp run speed HAHAHH get a life dude. dont come to the forums, thanks.
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    stop crying kid, lmaoo QQ about GWF's and open world pvp run speed HAHAHH get a life dude. dont come to the forums, thanks.
    Let me guess what class you play :rolleyes:
    Anyway, at least think this, if he runs away, he won't be hurting you for a while, and it's giving you time to recover.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Mount time delay was a fast and easy way of making Domination PvP maps effectively larger. Unfortunately it has drawbacks.
    edited June 2014
    reiwulf wrote: »
    Let me guess what class you play :rolleyes:
    Anyway, at least think this, if he runs away, he won't be hurting you for a while, and it's giving you time to recover.

I play a 17k GS CW, and I have never lost to a GWF 1v1. Ever.
  • nubc3ke7331nubc3ke7331 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I think we should just have a whole map with 2 safe zones and objectives such as capture the flag hold node all on random swaps between different battles so it keeps people going and want to come back. so spawn camping wont really be a issue because we would have objectives to do so you earn rewards/points there would be no need and if you make it a drop in zone then you have a chance just in case people spawn camp.Also have random spawn zones also. O and also if you die to a gwf I say come back to forums and post nerf the tr.

my 2 cents
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I DONT NEED Constructive critisicm, everyday more QQ about a GWF destorying you in every aspect , (most likey outplaying you), HEY GUYS LETS GET DESTROYED AND COME STRAIGHT TO THE FORUMS TO CRY ABOUT IT WAAA WAAAA.

QQ More, dodge Earlier. its called Juking. Get better at your own game , LMFAO Talking about GWF's and Mount times haahahah what a crack.

Everyone has a right to discuss things about the game they want to discuss. Instead of wildly flaming others, you could say something mature and constructive like, "I disagree. Other classes can compete with a GWF if played well." (only an example)
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • saulrosenbergsaulrosenberg Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    They also disproportionately have +/- 35, 22, and 36 (respectively) of the top 100 players on the leader board.
  • saulrosenbergsaulrosenberg Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Since GWFs, TRs, and HRs make up the majority of the top 100 players on the leader board (35, 36, and 22 respectfully - 5 are CW, 2 are clerics), it is statistically impossible (Probability < 0.0001) that it is due to skill alone. If you want you can do the statistical analysis yourself.

To break it down logically, how likely would it be for the top 100 players, to have alternate toons (like CW, DC, GF) also be in the top 100 if it were due to just skill. Would their better skill not also translate into better skill while playing another class? It should, if it were due to skill alone; however the data does not support your "point".
  • mrgiggles651mrgiggles651 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    They also disproportionately have +/- 35, 22, and 36 (respectively) of the top 100 players on the leader board.
    Chaos should be easy to find then, since they've never ever lost 1v1 with their CW According to them.
    I wasted five million AD promoting the Foundry.
  • hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I remember back in beta/on release when people used to post pics in these forums when they saw a GM ingame. Almost inevitably, the GM's toon was a GWF.

+1.
    On twich live events:Devs play HRs and GWFs.
    On the unique time i saw golden apparatus mount(dev) the riding toon was GWF.
  • xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    raareee wrote: »

Lol Seriously?!
    GWF run speed is nothing, it's only shortly comparer to TR,

TR Stealth + Sneak Attack + Bait and Swicht = Endless Run Speed
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    An easy way to do this is to not allow you to leave the pvp area "magical border that flags you for pvp" if you are IN combat.

This would atleast fix SOME situations with running, but not all of them!

But hey if the GWF is out of combat, so will you be and that means you both can mount up.
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I think we should just have a whole map with 2 safe zones and objectives such as capture the flag hold node all on random swaps between different battles so it keeps people going and want to come back. so spawn camping wont really be a issue because we would have objectives to do so you earn rewards/points there would be no need and if you make it a drop in zone then you have a chance just in case people spawn camp.Also have random spawn zones also. O and also if you die to a gwf I say come back to forums and post nerf the tr.

my 2 cents

I would have loved to see a CTF game released... Id also love a timer on the zone pvp event so we know when its gonna happen....
  • hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    Just goes to show they can't nerf anything without it somehow benefiting GWFs.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • myth8892myth8892 Member Posts: 48
    edited June 2014
    I DONT NEED Constructive critisicm, everyday more QQ about a GWF destorying you in every aspect , (most likey outplaying you), HEY GUYS LETS GET DESTROYED AND COME STRAIGHT TO THE FORUMS TO CRY ABOUT IT WAAA WAAAA.

QQ More, dodge Earlier. its called Juking. Get better at your own game , LMFAO Talking about GWF's and Mount times haahahah what a crack.

Your kidding right???
    I did an experiment a week ago, had my 6 year old son play my GWF with heroic gear on, rank 8 enchants while i was going to the restroom, come back to only finding him owning people in a domination match, there are no skills in playing a GWF and they are seriously over powered and i have one as well, dont even play it, especially after i was laughing my <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> off while he was owning people, I just showed him how to play in like 30 seconds....
    No skills involved to play a GWf sorry, your wrong so wrong... So move along