test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Constant crashes to desktop

arcanevainarcanevain Member Posts: 4 Arc User
edited June 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
Can nothing be done about these constant crashes to desktop? I have 2 different computers, both with more than adequate hardware for Neverwinter, and they are both constantly crashing. My friends who also play have the same issue. With a varied selection of hardware to choose from, this issue seems to to be hardware independent. Intel and AMD dual, quad, and hex core cpus; Nvidia and AMD gpus both single card and Crossfire and SLI. All of which are gaming/enthusiast hardware. Even an Alienware, which you prominently display has the same issue. In the time since I started playing (January this year), I have had NWO crash more than all the other mmos I have ever played. I'm not being over dramatic here, I sometimes crash 4 or 5 times in an hour, and as i said, I'm not the only one who experiences this. I have 140+ people in my guild and its a general consensus that this is a game wide issue. I can't imagine how the devs can get any work done on this game if they experience half of the crashes the community have. I have done my fair share of game development, not on this scale, but enough to know the issues one faces while developing a game, especially an mmo. My biggest reason for posting this is that while I have other minor issues with in game things, (OP classes, queue times, blah blah blah same old stuff you hear in Zone all the time) I think that not being able to play at all because the game can't keep running long enough to get anything accomplished should be a top priority. That being said, thanks for the awesome work on Mod 3. I can't wait to see ToD this fall, I hope it will be more of the same. And as long as the major issues get fixed, I for one, am more than happy to throw more $$$ your way!
Post edited by arcanevain on

Comments

• finneousfinneous Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    arcanevain wrote: »
    Can nothing be done about these constant crashes to desktop? I have 2 different computers, both with more than adequate hardware for Neverwinter, and they are both constantly crashing. My friends who also play have the same issue. With a varied selection of hardware to choose from, this issue seems to to be hardware independent. Intel and AMD dual, quad, and hex core cpus; Nvidia and AMD gpus both single card and Crossfire and SLI. All of which are gaming/enthusiast hardware. Even an Alienware, which you prominently display has the same issue. In the time since I started playing (January this year), I have had NWO crash more than all the other mmos I have ever played. I'm not being over dramatic here, I sometimes crash 4 or 5 times in an hour, and as i said, I'm not the only one who experiences this. I have 140+ people in my guild and its a general consensus that this is a game wide issue. I can't imagine how the devs can get any work done on this game if they experience half of the crashes the community have. I have done my fair share of game development, not on this scale, but enough to know the issues one faces while developing a game, especially an mmo. My biggest reason for posting this is that while I have other minor issues with in game things, (OP classes, queue times, blah blah blah same old stuff you hear in Zone all the time) I think that not being able to play at all because the game can't keep running long enough to get anything accomplished should be a top priority. That being said, thanks for the awesome work on Mod 3. I can't wait to see ToD this fall, I hope it will be more of the same. And as long as the major issues get fixed, I for one, am more than happy to throw more $$$ your way!

Mine goes to the BSOD...I can't even download the most recent patch without it crashing Windows.
  • slaaneshihorrorslaaneshihorror Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 88
    edited June 2014
    I just reinstalled the entirety of the game, arc included, and it's still doing this to me.
    I've run disk checks, virus scans, checked my security and network settings.
    Everything is fine.
    It's definitely an issue on the game's end.
    I crash 5+ times a day right now.

This was not an issue for me before mod3's release either.
    Though during mod3 I decided to run through arc.
    Pre-arc, I had none of these issues.
    So I'm assuming this is either a mod3 issue, or an arc issue.

Based on what the OP stated, assuming he's running through arc, it's an arc issue.
    Greycloaks Bank Manager - Malanael Corventus.
  • arcanevainarcanevain Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I just reinstalled the entirety of the game, arc included, and it's still doing this to me.
    I've run disk checks, virus scans, checked my security and network settings.
    Everything is fine.
    It's definitely an issue on the game's end.
    I crash 5+ times a day right now.

This was not an issue for me before mod3's release either.
    Though during mod3 I decided to run through arc.
    Pre-arc, I had none of these issues.
    So I'm assuming this is either a mod3 issue, or an arc issue.

Based on what the OP stated, assuming he's running through arc, it's an arc issue.

Actually, I am not a fan of the Arc bloatware, so I run NWO as a stand alone instance. If you make a shortcut to the launcher (Default is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Perfect World Entertainment\Neverwinter_en\Neverwinter.exe" ) you can run the game without using Arc. If you have an issue loading the game after patching, start up Arc and load the game and let it update, then exit Arc and then launch again from your created shortcut. A general fix for most issues is going to the options menu in the launcher, turn off On-demand patching and then check the Force verify option, save and restart. As for fps drops on Nvidia hardware, optimize Neverwinter in Geforce Experience and then close Experience. This will fix the dropping to 2 fps issue that some people have. But I have yet to find a solution to the crash to desktop. Any information I get pertaining to this, I'll post here.