test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why do I have to pvp to get the full Black ice accessory set?

iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
edited June 2014 in PvE Discussion
Quote from developer -
The inclusion of Tenacity on the black ice gear shouldn't make you think it's intended solely for PvP, however. The sets do not have Tenacity in place of any other stat, but in addition. The intent here is that the items you find and craft in this zone can be used effectively in any content you encounter in Icewind Dale.

So why do non pvp players have to partake in pvp to get gear the developers stated was for both pvp and pve?

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?635411-Official-Feedback-Thread-Black-Ice-Gear&p=7748551&viewfull=1#post7748551
YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    forumnamesarelamforumnamesarelam Member Posts: 126 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    Where is it ever implied that you wouldn't have to PvP to get some rewards? The game has always had some rewards that were pvp exclusive, and as far as I can tell your issue is that there is one reward that you want that is part of that content that you don't want to have to PvP for.

Well, I want a pony. Someone please get on that, stat.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    First: pressing ctrl j you can see that accessories have been classified as pvp gears.
    Second: i dont like the pve grind but guess what
  • Options
    josephskyrimjosephskyrim Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Well, I want a pony. Someone please get on that, stat.

Any preference? :P

http://www.equinenow.com/ponyohio.htm

(Yeah I'm just being silly, but they certainly are affordable... it's the maintenance that's going to be a killer >.<)
    If you can't stand on a chest, it is a mimic!
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Where is it ever implied that you wouldn't have to PvP to get some rewards?

And where was it implied that we would?

rayrdan wrote: »
    First: pressing ctrl j you can see that accessories have been classified as pvp gears.

Oh ,it's classified exclusively in the pvp part of the collections tab is it? might want to look again .
    rayrdan wrote: »
    Second: i dont like the pve grind but guess what

So remind me , what gear set did you have to grind or buy that had that special pve stat you need so you can last longer than a second if a mob latches onto you in pve ? HE's are easily done in pvp gear sets pvp isn't easily done in pve sets , see where I'm going with this?
  • Options
    js3bjs3b Member Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    And where was it implied that we would?

Oh ,it's classified exclusively in the pvp part of the collections tab is it? might want to look again .

So remind me , what gear set did you have to grind or buy that had that special pve stat you need so you can last longer than a second if a mob latches onto you in pve ? HE's are easily done in pvp gear sets pvp isn't easily done in pve sets , see where I'm going with this?

I was not happy to have to grind (and still have to) pve in order to get gears to do pvp, but thats how it is, for once that pvper have something for them, let us have it, if you want it, get on GG, get a pvp set, and bring it on!
    Founder back a week ago, already pissed by cryptic ''no roll back'' decision

• Options
    bucklittlebucklittle Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The black ice belt isn't considered BiS for any class in PVE or PVP. Also, it can't be empowered.
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Why, as a PVP player, do I have to grind PVE to get the complete set?

*accusing look*
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    radtatatradtatat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 201
    edited June 2014
    Why, as a PVP player, do I have to grind PVE to get the complete set?

*accusing look*

Because this is mainly a PVE MMO game? Judging by the amount of PVE content in all 3 modules as compared to PVP content that is...

I agree that PVE players should not have to PVP to get the full BI gear set if the set is meant for both PVE and PVP. Similarly, PVP players should not have to grind PVE content to get the set too.

They did right when they introduced the grim and profound sets for PVP players. They are good for PVP but not so much for PVE, so PVP players can do PVP to get them and PVE players can happily ignore those sets.

But with the BI set, they go and place both PVE and PVP requirements to get the full set which to me is just going to cause unhappiness among the player base. (Hence this thread I guess).

If they can have the BI set achievable separately via PVP and PVE, it will cause less distress (provided both methods of getting the set are fair and more or less equal).
  • Options
    tickdofftickdoff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I am not happy about it either, but it is the way it is. As others have pointed out, many PvPers "must" do PvE content in order to obtain the gear they want, and now we are seeing that "turn-about is fair play".
  • Options
    gcut123gcut123 Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    More PVE hipsters crying. Just what this already oversensitive community needed.
  • Options
    cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Purified and Corrupted black ice belt are only obtainable in PVP.

To obtain this belt you have to complete 5 pvp task in the Icewind Dale PvP campaign. When you obtain that you get to choose either the purified or corrupted. You only get one and you only get the reward once, so there is no way to complete both sets for the achievement.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    The developers said it was gear designed to be good for both PvP and PvE.
    As such you should expect to have to both PvP and PvE to obtain all of the pieces.

I noted the other complaint a few days ago and yes, I do think there should be a way to obtain them both. However I think it may just be a case that you can not obtain them both at the same time, from the box or free of charge.

I am only a few kills short of the Dominator's Cloak. If the Dominator's Cloak can be reclaimed (even for a charge) I am sure you can obtain them both. I'll update this post when I get the Dominator's Cloak.

EDIT - Dardove is correct. No reclaim. Meh...not cool. *stares at ever diminishing bag space*
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Iambecks I missed your thread but mine on this issue was closed by a Comm mod. Some people seem to be of the belief that the belt is a PVP only items. Very misguided.

This is an issue that needs to be address. THere is more at issue on the belt then people are seeing.

Since it is a reward item you can only claim one or the other not both belts. No way to get the achievement for both sets due to this.

Also yes I am am being forced to pvp when I do not pvp. How is this helpful or even beneficial to the people that enjoy pvp. It is not.

We were not able to test much of the pvp campaign on preview thru testing mod 3 as nothing much was listed in the pvp campaign during that time.
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I am only a few kills short of the Dominator's Cloak. If the Dominator's Cloak can be reclaimed (even for a charge) I am sure you can obtain them both. I'll update this post when I get the Dominator's Cloak.

There is no way to reclaim items from PvP campaign. I already have the cloak and the clothes from GG (which need to be looked at to be inline with level 60 purples). Once an item is claimed it is marked as claimed and it is done with.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Thanks ambisnisterr your are seeing the issue here. We were not able to really test the PvP campaign on preview through out testing mod 3 on preview.

I really do not mind so much having to pvp, I just do not enjoy pvp myself. To each their own and pvp has it place too and I think there should be some unique pvp only rewards.

THough I am not gonna explain it, but I did bring up the issue with devs on preview for pvp stat padding and what I was seeing.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Yeah cayapp I saw your other thread but didn't get why it ended up where it ended up , especially considering that the developer who designed the Black ice gear stated that Black ice gear shouldn't be seen as pvp only gear.

gcut123 wrote: »
    More PVE hipsters crying. Just what this already oversensitive community needed.

Wow what an intelligent reply .
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    One execute short. Figures.

Dardove, have you tried the rewards vendor? level 60 Tab?
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    One execute short. Figures.

Dardove, have you tried the rewards vendor? level 60 Tab?

Yes. That is only the class artifacts there.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Yeah, in my opinion the PvP Item Rewards need to be reclaimable.
    And when that happens it should resolve the issue of not being able to obtain both.