test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Black Ice Domination

esb704esb704 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
edited June 2014 in PvE Discussion
Can someone please explain how this bi domination works? I had a 5 player group enter the PvP area during the BID sign was active on the map, but the capture nodes just didn't change to our faction... Nothing could be done. Is there a way to trigger it? or is it jut bugged :( ty in adv.
Post edited by esb704 on

Comments

• Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    It is bugged, which causes it to break down.
  • Options
    broborabrobora Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 196 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    dardove wrote: »
    It is bugged, which causes it to break down.

Agree with this!

It seems that x players of AB and x players of TT in the PvP area starts the event.

If ALL players of either AB or TT leave, the Domination event cancels, but remains active on the map.

I get the feeling this was to prevent PvP Domination Motherlode farming, but it does break. Breaking is not good.
  • Options
    silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I've never even seen it start. I just have the event marker in my HUD.
    I aim to misbehave
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I actually mentioned it was bugged on preview with me believing that dv on preview kept reloading after being empty hence the event restarting and generally not noticing as much that it was bugged. Possibly caused by people not finishing off the motherlode before quitting but that is a complete guess that could be completely wrong.
  • Options
    hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Very frustrating in that this is my favorite part of mod3, and it doesn't work. I was able to do it a couple times the first day or two but that's it.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • Options
    elthiruilelthiruil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Take a step back and think about the design of it for a second - when you die in open pvp, you got back to the nearest safe point, which is not in open pvp, ganking occurs frequently, people go in to complete quests and get out quick because of this or die in the undertaking of the quest, therefore the population is never constant, even if the domination did actually start (I've only ever completed one in icewind pass - which we won, and got motherlode), - it is bound to fail just because of the nature of the design.

Therefore the developers need to re-evaluate the conditions on which the domination event happens, and the fail conditions, more error checks (in code) and quality control - management.
  • Options
    vorticanvortican Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yeah, I've never even seen it actually start. This is great for me as it makes it quite easy to farm black ice in PvP area without getting housed every 2 seconds. So thanks!
  • Options
    walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    It doesn't work at all currently. No ETA.
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Its being fixed in today's patch on preview so I imagine that will go live Tomorrow.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    js3bjs3b Member Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    ''fixed'' lol
    Founder back a week ago, already pissed by cryptic ''no roll back'' decision

• Options
    hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    Was fixed for a day or two but something different is causing it to get stuck.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • Options
    chrcorechrcore Member Posts: 329 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    The problem is you need to feed it coalescent wards to fire it up.
  • Options
    meldan3nmeldan3n Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Some facts about Black Ice Domination:

- It starts like any other encounter - randomly. It has nothing to do with the amount of people in the PvP zone.
    - If the Mother Lode gets farmed too fast, it can disappear before the mining score gets to 100 %. If this happens, the score gets stuck. The bug is easy to recognize: when you are far enough from the mother lode place, you can still see the purple beam. When you come closer, the beam disappears and you see that there is no mother lode.
    - ~7 - 10 people are already enough to bug it.
    - This bug can also occur on "The Mother Lode" (HE), but since there is a timer, the HE gets resetted in case it bugs out.
    - The "old" bug also happens once in a while. If the mother lode gets mined very fast (20 or more people), the PvP HR may be completed too fast, which causes the score to get stuck. After that, the game thinks that BID just started, but it is not possible to cap anything.

In all cases the instance is ruined until the next server restart/maintenance.
  • Options
    lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    elthiruil wrote: »
    when you die in open pvp, you got back to the nearest safe point, which is not in open pvp, ganking occurs frequently, people go in to complete quests and get out quick because of this or die in the undertaking of the quest

Bringing sacrificial lambs is normal for open pvp, a pvp-er will never attack another pvp-er but rather a pve-er who came for the daily. What is not normal is that once slaughtered and back in pve campfire you have the Injured status. Yes it's also true in the old Domination pvp, when killed in the last seconds and being too fast on the Exit button, back in pve you find yourself Injured. But there was no need to duplicate this bug in IWD.