test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

(Ant-Monster) Proof the HR is over powered...

lvl99looterlvl99looter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
edited June 2014 in The Wilds
Today another GF and I faught one of the top HR's on the first page of the leaderboards. And after 46 mins of consistant combat, its pretty evident why he has a ridiculous KDR. I used to think these HRs had skill, but i couldn't be more wrong...

Watch this <<Link removed pending approval from the community team>>

HR's have the ability to dodge in mid air after being hit with bull charge or frontline. And they can dodge damage even though their under croud control. This is unacceptable.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    myth8892myth8892 Member Posts: 48
    edited May 2014
    You did see the healer come up a couple of times as well right?
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    By law a guy with a shield should excel in 1 vs 1.
  • Options
    hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    What I see most is GF is underpowered, but that's not news. I mean seriously look at the damage you're putting out.

Also, Smallbow is one of the best HR's I've fought.

Further, I see you guys get him down to 25% or so when you actually coordinate some chain-proning at the beginning, but then you get timid about thorn ward.

I think you guys might've had a chance if you both kept being aggressive. Thorn ward can only hit one of you at a time. I don't play GF but what about supremacy of steel? That flummoxes me as an HR especially with the DOTS we use.

In any case, a TR can keep two GFs (and more) busy at a point, so I'm not sure what makes an HR so much more powerful in your opinion.

Also, why do you start the title of each of your posts with (Ant-Monster)?
    HR's have the ability to dodge in mid air after being hit with bull charge or frontline. And they can dodge damage even tbough their under croud control. This is unacceptable.

Well, I certainly can't. I don't see him doing that either. Care to point out specific time stamps on the vid where he does those things?

p.s. Don't hit an HR when they use forest meditation unless you're hitting them with something really hard- 100% deflect chance means every hit will proc the set bonus.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • Options
    jessebrownjrjessebrownjr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 58
    edited June 2014
    Just watch as he jumps and it says dodged or immune lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tenacity Who? Versus GF Master means nada.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    What I see most is GF is underpowered, but that's not news. I mean seriously look at the damage you're putting out.

Also, Smallbow is one of the best HR's I've fought.

Further, I see you guys get him down to 25% or so when you actually coordinate some chain-proning at the beginning, but then you get timid about thorn ward.

I think you guys might've had a chance if you both kept being aggressive. Thorn ward can only hit one of you at a time. I don't play GF but what about supremacy of steel? That flummoxes me as an HR especially with the DOTS we use.

In any case, a TR can keep two GFs (and more) busy at a point, so I'm not sure what makes an HR so much more powerful in your opinion.

Also, why do you start the title of each of your posts with (Ant-Monster)?

Well, I certainly can't. I don't see him doing that either. Care to point out specific time stamps on the vid where he does those things?

p.s. Don't hit an HR when they use forest meditation unless you're hitting them with something really hard- 100% deflect chance means every hit will proc the set bonus.

• Brotha'man. I'm not tryna talk **** or anything, but that wasn't 100% skill. Watch that video again. There's been MANY times where we would bull charge/frontline him, and he's able to dodge in mid air; or it's ignored all together; or he's proned, but took 0 damage.

• Supremacy of Steel does not work against HR's that use that AoE encounter + Life Steal. Each time my SoS hits him, his AoE hits me, causing my SoS to him again, causing his AoE to return fire (repeat). All while he's HEALING from life steal during this. That AoE hits for 1k+, my SoS only does about 300-700 damage. There's no balance, and no skill is involve in that situation.

• HR's have extremely high deflection. As we all know, deflection nerfs ALL damage by +50% depending on the class and race. With such high deflection, you might as well say the HR has +50% damage resistance. That right there equals tankiness.

• HR's are ALSO allow to dodge 6 times. And these dodges aren't normal dodges compared to DC's, TR's, and CW's. The internal cooldown in between these dodges is less than those other classes, meaning they can dodge multiple times a lot faster.

• I'm FULLY aware of the DC, I'm not blind. The DC just made matters worse. It's the HR's healing despite the DC's healing, which is the problem. On top of all those other issues above.

• As for me and my GF friend, the skill level required to SURVIVE all of that for 46 minutes STRAIGHT can not be compared to that HR's. Also, yes. I do agree the GF has very poor DPS (which is should to a certain degree), but that doesn't stop me from killing CW's, GF's, and DC's. Also before you misinterpret what I said about skill level requirements. I would like to address the fact to GF's have to deal with SO much BS. We have so many challenges and obstacles in our way that we have to overcome (in other our skill level grow in order to somewhat competitive/survive in the PvP world).

• I put (Ant-Monster) because that's my IGN. I prefer my IGN instead of my @handle.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Just watch as he jumps and it says dodged or immune lol

It's complete bull man. No other class other than the GF should be the hardest thing to kill in ANY mode. It's understandable GF's have low DPS, but what's NOT understandable is why do we have low DPS, and bad survivability. The GF should hands down be the hardest thing to kill in PvP which compensates for our lack of DPS.
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It's probably best to actually roll an HR and find out what the class abilities are before coming on here making yourself look daft with ill-informed QQ.

He was using Foxes Cunning a lot. That gives you 100% dodge on one attack. He uses Forest Meditation, which gives 100% deflect and CC immunity. He uses shift a lot, which means he dodges some of your attacks right at the last second and NOT in midair. Seriously, there is nothing unusual or 'overpowered' going on here. You just met a vastly more skilled player.

Oh yes - vines haven't worked through CC immunity for months. They were patched ages ago. So I guess we can all work out for ourselves the level of knowledge you have about HR abilities.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    reagenlionel1reagenlionel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I think you folks thats talking about the jump dodge and immune thing not realizing, thats Fox Cunning.
    Thats how thats happening.
  • Options
    jessebrownjrjessebrownjr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 58
    edited June 2014
    Well if you actually knew how Fox Cunning worked since you think you know so much , when an encounter actually LANDS the HR recieve no damage but he does recieve the CC effects...didnt watch ALL the video cause its redonk but i definitely seen him NOT recieve any cc effect after eating those ccs...:o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tenacity Who? Versus GF Master means nada.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Well if you actually knew how Fox Cunning worked since you think you know so much , when an encounter actually LANDS the HR recieve no damage but he does recieve the CC effects...didnt watch ALL the video cause its redonk but i definitely seen him NOT recieve any cc effect after eating those ccs...:o
    You don't see him repeatedly flying through the air and proned? Really?

Would you like to borrow my reading glasses?
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Today another GF and I faught one of the top HR's on the first page of the leaderboards. And after 46 mins of consistant combat, its pretty evident why he has a ridiculous KDR. I used to think these HRs had skill, but i couldn't be more wrong...

Watch this video.

HR's have the ability to dodge in mid air after being hit with bull charge or frontline. And they can dodge damage even though their under croud control. This is unacceptable.

WOW! Can you say BROKEN
    Shieldbash 60 GF ~ Iron Vanguard 19.0k
    Overpowered 60 CW ~ Thaumaturge 14.5k
    ==========================================

~ GF Buffs were great we are much better, please fix the bugs now... Thank you!
  • Options
    isuuck2isuuck2 Member Posts: 491 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    if they use supremacy of steel it will heal the hr back to full health because it does multiple small damage which gets deflected a lot and the hr has high deflection chance so even worse. They heal when they deflect so it is a useless skill against them.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    isuuck2 wrote: »
    if they use supremacy of steel it will heal the hr back to full health because it does multiple small damage which gets deflected a lot and the hr has high deflection chance so even worse. They heal when they deflect so it is a useless skill against them.
    The Profound gear heals 2% of total HP on a successful deflect. The problem with it is not the healing, it's the fact that like Fey Thistle it procs on invisible and harmless effects that are floating around all the time. So it's healing much more often than intended. This definitely needs to be fixed but given that the Fey Thistle bug has been around since Sharandar was lauched I won't be holding my breath.

And against most HRs, who aren't Haflings and don't stack deflect through the Combat tree, it's hardly game breaking.
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    isuuck2isuuck2 Member Posts: 491 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    Pathfinders are way to tanky and the glitches from plague fire they benefit from makes it even harder to fight them. they should not me more tanky than guardian fighters and still hit a lot harder than guardian fighters. same goes for gwfs.
  • Options
    hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    Supremacy of Steel does not work against HR's that use that AoE encounter + Life Steal. Each time my SoS hits him, his AoE hits me, causing my SoS to him again, causing his AoE to return fire (repeat). All while he's HEALING from life steal during this. That AoE hits for 1k+, my SoS only does about 300-700 damage. There's no balance, and no skill is involve in that situation.

HRs don't run with a lot of lifesteal. They heal mostly from regen and the set bonus.

He may have deflected some of the SoS attacks, but the majority of them would hit him full.

Thornward doesn't attack when the HR takes damage, it just attacks at a regular interval, hitting one player at a time.

If you had both used SoS I think you would've killed him. You almost killed him twice anyway.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Wrong. 4 GF's can't squat to 3+ GWF's, 3+ perma stealth bilethorn TR's, and 2+ HR's. This isn't Mod 2 anymore man. Our prones were nerfed not too long ago. And tenacity has made things EVEN worse. What you actually see, is a group of friends who wanted to PvP with NO intent to troll.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    ok ok but what about those ridicolous regen ticks????? you cant tick 650 hp at 5% hp. something is really wrong in your build...but it s not fully your fault...something is very wrong about gf.

just to make an example with healing depression i can still tick 1400
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    rayrdan wrote: »
    ok ok but what about those ridicolous regen ticks????? you cant tick 650 hp at 5% hp. something is really wrong in your build...but it s not fully your fault...something is very wrong about gf.

just to make an example with healing depression i can still tick 1400

Wth!? How much HP/Regen do you have?
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Ok hello there. I am a little halfling who likes to play with long knifes and my small bow.

First: thanks to antmonster for uploading the vid.
    Second: doubtful thanks for calling me a HR with no skill. How respectful and humble of u.

Just for clarification: I dont even have the fey thistle boon yet lol! I started playing the HR about four weeks ago and I am still learning to use this class and working on my boons.
    Also: GPF doesnt refresh carefull attack, It just proccs it one more time like any dmg would do. If its bugged I dont know how to use it.
    Also: I am halfling, and have seperate cc resistance.
    Also: As mentioned, Fox Shift now grants immunity to cc and dmg while channeling. Its intentional and not a bug.
    Oh one more thing: I am pure combat and not even close to tankyness I could achieve with nature specc. If I would go that road, u guys would probably not even brougt me to half hp.

I am sorry to say this but these GFs were hitting like wet noodles and would not have brought down an equally geared DC or GWF. I stated in another thread already, their mistake was to bring 5 support classes to the match. What do u expect? Not to kill stuff. And what was the lightning enchant for? For the adds I summon? LoL "Rise my minions!"

I have said enough in the other thread. Only one more thing: I am very suspicious about people who claim for themselfes to be a master in something. I have read some threads in the GF section… and yes, I have played all classes in pvp.
    And I am still learning something every day and are far away from beeing a master.

But there will always be players who think they are masters…

Once again i wanna state, my intend is NOT too call you a bad player. But by you explaining to me your tankiness can be much worse than what is just proves my point again about the HR class. There was a post that explained how a HR had sat between 3 OP GWF's, CW, and TR, healed through them then escaped to freedom. That's plenty of DPS right there.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    isuuck2 wrote: »
    Pathfinders are way to tanky and the glitches from plague fire they benefit from makes it even harder to fight them. they should not me more tanky than guardian fighters and still hit a lot harder than guardian fighters. same goes for gwfs.
    For the umpteenth time, there IS NO PLAGUEFIRE GLITCH.

Deary me.
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    broborabrobora Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 196 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    I've fought a HR where I've charged in with Frontline Surge, Threatening Rush, IBS, Takedown, Savage Advance and the 2nd part of Savage Advance has been dodged.

If you can just say that Fox's Cunning can be triggered mid air we'll all get it.

No way I'm remembering the OPvP HR Black Ice spec's name though.
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I'm just going to close this down since it's gone from a discussion to a smack talk thread. Also, I have checked with the other mods as well as my own records and no one has received any sort of request for approval for the video link provided. As it is a PVP-centric video I'm afraid I'll have to remove it until such a request is received and approved per guidelines.

Once such approval is received feel free to repost the video --without all the smack talk and drama.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.