test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

CW HE epic loot farming - what encounters?

pompalompapompalompa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
edited June 2014 in The Library
Hello folks,

just wanted to share how i try my best with the loot fairy on Epic Heroic Encouters as CW.

im thauma so first i tried running debuffing and damage encounters such as conduit and RoE, but i mostly got troll loot/nothing.

today i tried a different approach and ditched conduit to run a pure CC build with tabbed chill strike, Steal Time, Choke, Meatball. also i always use arcane singularity even tho most mobs are immune to it - and now im getting epics in 1of 3 runs, mostly TR and HR as of yet nothing for my class but hey, its an improvement.

so .... post your encounters, and hows the loot so far?
Post edited by pompalompa on

Comments

• pompalompapompalompa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    would also be useful to know which encounters drop what, icewind pass and dwarven map..
    sorry for the english not easy sometimes
  • brazennlbrazennl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2014
    I'm a Thaum, too, and in IWD I run:

Ice Knife/Oppressive Force
    CoI (tabbed)
    Icy Terrain
    Steal Time
    Shard
    Eye of the Storm/Evocation
    Magic Missile/Chilling Cloud
    edited May 2014
    u got any drops with that setup yet?
  • silverquicksilverquick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Well the reality is you can get these in any one of them but seems to be Icewind Pass for Black Ice Gloves.

I got Black Ice Gloves again while doing Corrupted Wolf Pack which is technically my 4th pair. I've gotten others in the Rescue the Prospectors (Icewind Pass), Bear Rider Round Up, and Remorhaz. All of which are Icewind Pass if that was what item you're going for.

But I am sure it has to do with how well you perform and how much damage you dish out. At the end of Corrupted Wolf Pack I got the 180 black ice reward and a 5 item drop, generally if your in the upper end of the tier you get 75 for that one and 1-2 item drop, so you have to do incredibly well for the 180 drop. I'm sure being top end helps your chances a great deal.

I also got another 180 in the Yeti Rampage and the 5 item drop, but no epic drop on that one. But only got 75 in the Black Ice Motherload and Remorhaz Hunt in the back corner in Icewind Pass.

I did get another 180 from the Black Ice Beholder today and got an Epic Crafting component on that one, Beholder skin I think. It seem the better you do, the higher the rewards from it.

But you will have to do a large amount of damage. I've also gotten bunch of Elk Tribe Epics, but all for other classes. Mostly the fighter classes.

I am running a Thaum build, but MoF. And its Shards, Steal Time, CoI, and Fanning the Flames.
  • crazymikeecrazymikee Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    ice rays tab, chill, coi, roe

ice knife / oppresive
    Coach Mike - 19.1k PvP CW
    CRAZY MIKE - 14.6k PvE CW

Backbone - 16.7k PvP HR
    [SIGPIC]http://i59.tinypic.com/s3hts7.png[/SIGPIC]
  • brazennlbrazennl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 44
    edited June 2014
    pompalompa wrote: »
    u got any drops with that setup yet?

Oh, yeah, I got everything. I almost always get the 150 BI reward, even if I get there when the event's already started. Basically, I treat it like a dungeon, ie. stand in the middle of mobs and exploit the fact that IT and OF don't have a target limit.
    edited June 2014
    They changed that by the way, at least in the last Patch, I've been getting 180 now, not 150. Which caught me by surprise. I suspect that has to do with removing some of the treasure drops.
    edited June 2014
    They changed that by the way, at least in the last Patch, I've been getting 180 now, not 150. Which caught me by surprise. I suspect that has to do with removing some of the treasure drops.

Cool. Been planning to do them again since now, I'm not sure which weapon set I want. :(

I've only been doing my dailies. Got enough BI, and just waiting for the Forge III to unlock.

E: Indeed, 180 BI it is. I wish we could get processed BI, though, but I can't complain. Got it on my first try on the GWF. Let's see if I'm as lucky on my CW, too. Didn't expect to get it, since I got res-d once, and respawned once.

10DSvMf.png

EE: Got the CW MH after two tries, so I think mechanically it's still the same. Just the RBI reward has been increased to offset the decrease in drops.

Not sure if this helps, but I shoot the boss, except when he has that ice shield around him, then I shoot mobs. When I shoot the boss, I try to avoid aggroing mobs too much, else, it becomes a kite fest.

Done with farming for now, and back to doing just the dailies to get my reputation up. Good luck to all!

ZodVdss.png
    edited June 2014
    ok, so we just need to do max damage, lol.
    i heard from somewhere that cw was intended to use mostly control powers to get max rewards on HE..
    edited June 2014
    pompalompa wrote: »
    ok, so we just need to do max damage, lol.
    i heard from somewhere that cw was intended to use mostly control powers to get max rewards on HE..

Well I suppose its possible,

I've never bothered with it though but... I noticed there is one person on the boards that has been farming these over and over and has not gotten any Gear at all since it came out. And they are at a 16kGS like me but using mostly control and debuff powers. Of course I noticed from their setup they're running almost all single target powers.

Mike got his with Single target damage powers but that was the Remorhaz and you don't get spammed with mobs in that one.

I do have to caveat that though as I am running a debuff build so it may have some effect.

But as near as I can tell, damage is the key for us, usually AoE damage.
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Well I suppose its possible,

I've never bothered with it though but... I noticed there is one person on the boards that has been farming these over and over and has not gotten any Gear at all since it came out. And they are at a 16kGS like me but using mostly control and debuff powers. Of course I noticed from their setup they're running almost all single target powers.

Mike got his with Single target damage powers but that was the Remorhaz and you don't get spammed with mobs in that one.

I do have to caveat that though as I am running a debuff build so it may have some effect.

But as near as I can tell, damage is the key for us, usually AoE damage.
    I'd agree with this. I'd been arriving late at HEs and focussing on the boss, which got me small awards. Yesterday I focussed on hitting packs of ads as hard and as fast as possible and got better awards for less time spent damaging the boss.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
    edited June 2014
    I do both, following what looks like the only mechanic in the fight. See my post on the previous page.
    edited June 2014
    Yeah I've been beaten on Single Targets by GWFs, but that's to be expected, and the fights go so much smoother with a couple of them in there.
  • jayrad8jayrad8 Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Could anyone clarify which encounters drop black ice gear, in both Icewind Pass (gloves) and Dwarven Valley (mainhand)? I was wondering if they all have a chance to drop but epics have a higher chance or if only a few encounters have a chance drop.

Has anyone gotten black ice gear drops other than gloves/mainhand? If so, where from?
    Ezra@jayrad8 | M4 CW Class Advocate
    twitch.tv/ezracw | absolutegaming.guildportal.com
    #BringBackShard | M5 CW Bug List | My M3 PvP Gameplay
    PpkM0MK.png

edited June 2014
    jayrad8 wrote: »
    Could anyone clarify which encounters drop black ice gear, in both Icewind Pass (gloves) and Dwarven Valley (mainhand)? I was wondering if they all have a chance to drop but epics have a higher chance or if only a few encounters have a chance drop.

Has anyone gotten black ice gear drops other than gloves/mainhand? If so, where from?

You can get the Gloves/Main from any heroic encounters that are 3-5 man or higher. But your chances greatly increase in the Epic ones vs the Medium ones. SO when you walk into an encounter and it says 6-10 players that's the ones with the greatest chance of drops. That is a good guideline.

The other Black Ice gear drops in the Skirmish. There you can get cloak, rings, and belt. Also you can get overload enchantment drops in there and the one component you will need for your Amulet, the Black Ice Silver crafting component.

The actual Skirmish is surprisingly easy, its a lot like the Tier 1 dungeons where you don't really get spammed by mobs but you're generally looking at 10 total mobs per encounter, and then some with 2-5. There's just enough to where you cant slot single target powers, and not quite enough to where you'll do a ton of damage with AoEs.

The skirmish can be a little anti-climactic, but at the same time its like doing most other Medium HEs.