test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Suggestion - Disable roar until it will be fixed

znudenejznudenej Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2014 in PvE Discussion
Reason is obvious, thanks to Destroyer feats it does have 7-5sec CD, while it stuns for 2sec although I hope it will be fixed soon, now its gamebreaking because groups often contain stacked GWFs that can chain aoe perma stun just with roar without downtime.
Post edited by znudenej on

Comments

• degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    If they disabled broken/bugged powers or items in NW about 1/3 of the content would be unplayable. :cool:

In the meantime, enjoy playing GWFs and Pathfinder HRs. Good, good times.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Yes it should be disabled. Just for clarification, it's not that it's a spammable AOE stun that's the main problem. It's the fact that it goes through all CC-immunity, such as dodges, meaning there is no way to defend against it even if you play perfectly.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • adamy2004adamy2004 Member Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    are you high? roar does not go through dodges. although it can interrupt through cc immunitys such as ITC/Unstoppable and that one cleric daily
    Don't waste my time.
  • znudenejznudenej Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Adamy2004 does have right, you can dodge roar. But main problem is that it does not just give you interrupt even through CC immunity.

Interrupt does have to silence you for xy secons IF you are casting power.

While roar gives you root and silence for 2 sec no matter what you are doing. Do you see now where it is gamebreaking?

In other words, its same as frontile surge but with 5sec(feated) CD + it goes through control immunity.

There is already answer about this bug from dev. team in bug report section its going to be fixed, but no ETA. It can be week, month,...We already know how long it takes to Cryptic fix something so until it will be fixed, it should be disabled.

GWF already does have enough encounters what he can use instead roar both in PvP and PvE so it will not ruin that class while its now ruining PvP for everybody else.
  • forumnamesarelamforumnamesarelam Member Posts: 126 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    znudenej wrote: »
    Adamy2004 does have right, you can dodge roar. But main problem is that it does not just give you interrupt even through CC immunity.

Interrupt does have to silence you for xy secons IF you are casting power.

While roar gives you root and silence for 2 sec no matter what you are doing. Do you see now where it is gamebreaking?

In other words, its same as frontile surge but with 5sec(feated) CD + it goes through control immunity.

There is already answer about this bug from dev. team in bug report section its going to be fixed, but no ETA. It can be week, month,...We already know how long it takes to Cryptic fix something so until it will be fixed, it should be disabled.

GWF already does have enough encounters what he can use instead roar both in PvP and PvE so it will not ruin that class while its now ruining PvP for everybody else.

Even with the proposed changes to roar, it will still silence players, it will just loose it's root ability.
  • demidogzdemidogz Member Posts: 259 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    As soon as I want to see Roar fixed, there's 0% chance they're going to put in a patch note:

Roar is disabled until it is fixed.
    edited May 2014
    Even with the proposed changes to roar, it will still silence players, it will just loose it's root ability.

From bug report section:
    It is indeed bugged. I am working on a fix for it here, but I don't have a timeline for when it will see live. The gist of the change is as follows

1. It will no longer incorrectly ignore CC Immunity. This goes for the pushing effect as well as the interrupt.
    2. It will no longer Root players.
    3. The interrupted power will be placed on cooldown for 2 seconds if a power is successfully interrupted by Roar, rather than every time they are struck by it.
    4. Activation time will be sped up just slightly.

This should preserve it as a tool to be used to slow down an opposing player's advance, but make it a little more risky to use without watching your opponent's powers. Given that the major CC component of the power is now conditional (the silence being on successful interrupt rather than on hit) I have sped up the activation slightly to make this a bit easier.

Thanks for finding this bug guys!

EDIT: Rewrote #3 for clarity.

I don't have any problem about that it should silence players because you will have still some mobility.
  • kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yes it should be disabled. Just for clarification, it's not that it's a spammable AOE stun that's the main problem. It's the fact that it goes through all CC-immunity, such as dodges, meaning there is no way to defend against it even if you play perfectly.

ham, I think the "roar ignores dodge" phenomenon is simply a manifestation of "instant activation powers". I'm sure many people have described what this is before.

No developer has confirmed it so nobody knows just how the hit/miss calculations are handled, but the theory is that in most cases there exists a certain difference in between the visible animation of the power, and the actual activation of the power.

Many powers are intuitive in this way, but some powers are plain weird.

Your own beloved HR for example: from the receiving end, you can't dodge a power that a HR has already fired off -- even if you actually dodge the visible incoming projectile. You have to dodge before the shot leaves the HR's bow, because the hit/miss calculation is initiated the moment the HR activates the power. Therefore, from the receiving end, even if you have clearly went into dodge motion to evade the projectile, you're still constricted/disrupted/whatever.

Same with CWs and their frickin' instant-cast spells. When Entangling Force isn't activated yet, you see the "spellcasting" motion where the CW waves its arms. You dodge at that timing and think you're safe -- wrong. Your dodge is cancelled and you're entangled. You have to start dodging before the CW waves its arms.

GWFs are loaded with these sort of powers -- especially their CCs. Takedown -- need to start dodging before the GWF even raises the hilt of his blade. FSL -- need to dodge before the GWF even starts waving his arm horizontally. Roar -- need to start the dodge before roar is out -- or else, even if you clearly see that your character goes into a dodge at the same time the roar is out, you will be hit.

So in reality, dodging these types of powers is not actually dodging, but rather the enemy immediately firing off his power into the dodge/teleport which you've already started -- instead of the other way around.
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    adamy2004 wrote: »
    are you high? roar does not go through dodges. although it can interrupt through cc immunitys such as ITC/Unstoppable and that one cleric daily

No, it interupts your dodge. Try roar on someone mid dodge, you'll stop them and stun them.

Easiest way to test this is on CWs since their dodge is long and obvious.
    edited May 2014
    No, it interupts your dodge. Try roar on someone mid dodge, you'll stop them and stun them.

Easiest way to test this is on CWs since their dodge is long and obvious.

Roar is possible to dodge, we were testing it.
    edited May 2014
    znudenej wrote: »
    Roar is possible to dodge, we were testing it.

I can chain dodges and avoid takedown or FLS but 1 Roar and I'm stopped dead.
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Hamlet is right, it does interupt your dodge sometimes. And if it DOES NOT it still applies stacks of weapon enchantment for some reason.
    Same with frontline surge. And LOL the most interesting thing is this bug only occurs on GWF attacks with that power. Never saw getting any PF stacks on me after I dodge FS against GF.
  • todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    All Interrupt (Dazing Strike, Disruptive Shot) skills are showing behaviors similar to Roar, so I can tell you that it's not only Roar that does this. But what makes Roar so deadly efficient is that it Roots in place AND it inflicts a Stun effect on top of the Interrupt. You can't Dodge during the duration of the Root, you can't move, you can't do anything, its Interrupt effects even messes with your latency, and it has always been this powerful.
    edited June 2014
    All Interrupt (Dazing Strike, Disruptive Shot) skills are showing behaviors similar to Roar, so I can tell you that it's not only Roar that does this. But what makes Roar so deadly efficient is that it Roots in place AND it inflicts a Stun effect on top of the Interrupt. You can't Dodge during the duration of the Root, you can't move, you can't do anything, its Interrupt effects even messes with your latency, and it has always been this powerful.

Reminds me of Impact Shot when it used to root a target for a short duration too.
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Roar also puts my at-wills on 1 min CD sometimes.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Agreed, though Impact only had Stun + Root, no Interrupt which made it a whole lot more tolerable. I'm just surprised Roar is only getting attention now.
    edited June 2014
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    Roar also puts my at-wills on 1 min CD sometimes.

lol yeah! Today in pvp domination match it put my DF on 60 seconds CD which totally sent me into completely confused state >.>
    Agreed, though Impact only had Stun + Root, no Interrupt which made it a whole lot more tolerable. I'm just surprised Roar is only getting attention now.

Well, you should look at how people are complaining about Whirlwind of the blades now after SE nerf(another).
    I count days till they start complaining about BB and CB (lol this one is a bane of steering GWFs and some unexp'd permas)
  • bucklittlebucklittle Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Yes it should be disabled. Just for clarification, it's not that it's a spammable AOE stun that's the main problem. It's the fact that it goes through all CC-immunity, such as dodges,

As far as I can tell, the only class it stuns in PVP while in dodge is HR, and something around half the time. Honestly I don't see a problem with that, it should be 100% of the time else a HR would never die.
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The problem is if Roar gets fixed and no longer roots it's target, Swordmaster GWF's will be absolutely dead for PvP as Roar is the only ability that provides a possibility to reach the target for them.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • candinho2candinho2 Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Guess u never played a GWF, or is too bad on maths cause the cd reduction is "50%" but, it reduces waiting time on +/-25% so it's 7~8 secs. 7 if have stacked recovery, 5 if u are stupid enought to sacrifice all your offense slots on r10 silver enchant.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    So they should also disable permastealth until it has been balanced
    edited June 2014
    Also, I've been using fox shift today and it stuns me out of that- supposed to be CC immune during it.
  • kolevrakolevra Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Stupid logic from OP.

Roar will be fixed so don't get used to it. Stacking maxed-out GWFs in a party will continue so get used to it.

Suggestion : Disable new thread creation for 1 hour after being killed in PvP.
    --- Ranked matches need to be solo-queue only
    Enforce rainbow parties in PvP ---- 10v10 PvP ----
  • shivonomineshivonomine Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    So they should also disable permastealth until it has been balanced

There is no problem with perma stealth . Right now it's the build that needs the most skill out there because even if 1 milisec goes wrong the tr is a real glass cannon . It's the far more stressful build to play in this game and i don't see the reason for it to be nerfed just because a handles gfw with no hands to play anything else says so .:D
    edited June 2014
    kolevra wrote: »
    Stupid logic from OP.

Roar will be fixed so don't get used to it. Stacking maxed-out GWFs in a party will continue so get used to it.

Suggestion : Disable new thread creation for 1 hour after being killed in PvP.

Right, Roar will be fixed, thats true... For example how long we had here CN DD chest exploit? Bugged textures in CN? How long we had here bugged VP? Arm. pen. is not still working after year. Even for Smogon it was more then 5 months until fixpatch. Roar is bugged since launch, its true it was not a big deal until Relentless Battle Fury feat but its problem now. I'm sure GWF will be stacked even after fix to eternity. I'm not naive about that there will be ever a rock-paper-scissors or any other kind of balance.

I'm not asking for nerf or boost. I'm asking to do at least fast hotfix until will it will be done right for things that can have strong influence for gameplay.

While Roar was in bug report for many times and that bug is well know it was carelessness.

When I think about it, how long it could take to do change CD reduction value for Roar to 0 in that feat until there will be Roar fixpatch. Then change value to 50, edit tooltip and you are done.
  • syn100syn100 Member Posts: 137 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    disable GWFs for a week and see as is better NW without them :)

PS: disable a class for week (atleast in PvP)... usefull for see the effects of various classes in NW

(and also good for PW wallet and better of the stupid requirement for 2 toons in IW).
    HR Syncro - The Equalizer - PvP stats: 10000/4800 (kills/deaths)
  • lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The range of Roar is small, gwf first has to reach his target. Or were you talking about IV gwfs? IV has to be given back to GFs, and a proper gwf paragon has to be designed. That's the fix.