test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is the Bannable?

juicebox87juicebox87 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
edited May 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
Blahblah from <BlahBlahGuild> spawn camping on our campfire. He repeatedly came up and killed some of us. Just didn't know if I should report or if It is even bannable?
Post edited by juicebox87 on

Comments

• bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I recommend censoring out the names form your post, then filing a GM ticket in-game. They will investigate and take action.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • nuudlznuudlz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Heh, where is the issue? I mean... don't stay afk in spawn and people won't camp you.
    The Zisters' Magazine - Subscribe now and you'll never run out of style.

We are always looking for new models --- Borderline Fashiondolls ---
  • mikeym80mikeym80 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Maybe the dev team should get on top of some of these bugs. I don't see this as a banable offence if it's in the game. Here is our visual of a current bug. Dev's can you take a further look at this?

Removing a player from the game entirely for something like this though? Nonsense. I'm sure you've had your share of exploits with your PvE friends, but in this case, you're just mad cuz even in your own spawn, you're not safe.
    1z4y45e.jpg
  • mikeym80mikeym80 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    nuudlz wrote: »
    Heh, where is the issue? I mean... don't stay afk in spawn and people won't camp you.

This ^

Maybe you shouldn't afk in PvP and sit in spawn. Toxic players like you ruining PvP
    1z4y45e.jpg
  • juicebox87juicebox87 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    mikeym80 wrote: »
    This ^

Maybe you shouldn't afk in PvP and sit in spawn. Toxic players like you ruining PvP

Yea, I should just jump down and get farmed for kills by a 4 GWF comp. Get real dude.
  • juicebox87juicebox87 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    mikeym80 wrote: »
    This ^

If anything makes PvP toxic its 3 GWF troll comps ran by the "Best pvp" guilds all because they dont want to loose to a guild like <<Names removed>>. I mean deep down inside when you run a troll comp you know how cheap and pathetic group focusing that many prones are. No skill, No tactics, Mindless button mashing and silly game mechanics are being exploited to the max, And yes I think people who exploit game bugs like this spawn should be banned. Thats what an exploit is. Dont come on my thread with your holier than thou stuff and expect me to even care about a "toxic opinion" bro. Have a nice day.
    edited May 2014
    GWF troll comps are by far the lamest thing I have ever seen in this game since beta. We can agree there. Unfortunately this is what PvP has become. I have a thread about it on the PvP discussion board and so do about 100 others. Are they going to do anything about it in a timely manner? Probably not. You have to adapt if you want to win and not lose to the self proclaimed PvP guilds that run these comps, because its the only way they can win.

In the case of exploits being bannable - 90% of the game should be banned then. I think a bannable offense would be an exploit that makes you profit in game of sorts. eg; Duping, dungeon exploits, AD farm exploits, etc.
    1z4y45e.jpg
  • poisoncloudpoisoncloud Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Camping the spawn is against ToS as it's exploiting the bug (the enemy team is not meant to get into the other team's spawn at all, several times the devs have been trying to make it impossible), hence it is bannable. You should send the ticket to support about this.
  • adamy2004adamy2004 Member Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    showing names in a forum post is against TOS also, and you can be banned from the forums for it. the proper way to report something is to send a ticket about it in game.

also, spawn camping has been around since beta, get used to it. you shouldnt be a ***** and afk in spawn. trash people like you ruin pvp, not the troll comps.
    Don't waste my time.
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    <<Post redacted.>>
  • freshourfreshour Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'd take this down before you get banned/flamed/so forth. It's one thing to take a screen shot, but trying to personally crucify the guy on the forums is not what I'd recommend. If he does it once, ha ha, if he did it the entire game then sure that could be a problem but I highly doubt he did it for long. If that was the case maybe post a screen shot of the end of the game with his kills as well?

Sure it might have been frustrating, but I don't think this was handled in the right way. Why not round up a group and go after him! That would at least be all in good fun, rather than pullin out the band wand.
  • lisaxxiilisaxxii Member Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Hehe!

I am pretty sure that since there are several ways to do it, (some of which can actually happen on accident) and that it can be done on both maps, that a call for Banning over this silliness is well... silly!

Get out of the spawn!!! I know personally I offer 1v1's, all you gotta do is say something. If you stay in spawn like a ***** and I'm bored... guess where I'm coming?!

And lets also mention that there is 1 person up there... and presumably 5 of you (at least 3 from your screen shot) so.... yeah.

You are in <<removed>> I see! Well get with <<removed>> (if he hasn't quit your guild out of frustration yet). He will teach you how to play my friend!

You as an HR have a better chance than anyone of taking care of one GWF (who has only been 60 for 3 days BTW). Especially since you had help up there, and he did not.

Don't worry Fella! Practice makes perfect! You'll be a champion one day!

I still think that you're a Firework Baby! <3

roar.
    Enemy Team
  • realramaladnirealramaladni Member Posts: 51
    edited May 2014
    Hey, how do we know that this isn't their spawn and you're trolling poor <<removed>> with 2 friends!
    Hot Pants

#1 Enemy Team PvP Devoted Cleric

Best rapper 2014
    Alpha female
  • lisaxxiilisaxxii Member Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Hey, how do we know that this isn't their spawn and you're trolling poor <<removed>> with 2 friends!

OMG! Hes right!

Poor <<removed>>! =(

Those guys should be banned!
    Enemy Team
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Deleted by me
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Going to close this down, with several notes:

1) Naming and shaming other players has never been, and will never be, allowed on our forums. In any fashion.

2) PVP drama/trash talking can be left at the door.

3) If you suspect someone is violating the rules, use the ingame function or the support website. Posting it here does nothing except encourage flaming because nothing can be done about the matter at the forum level.

4) Just because it's "in the game" does not make it an offense for which you cannot be banned. Per the Terms of Service, PWE/Cryptic determines, at their sole and absolute discretion, whether a violation has indeed occurred and the penalty for such, if any. Rule of thumb: if you find yourself asking "can I be banned for this?" it's a prudent course of action to assume you can be.

5) It matters not what nationality you are. These forums are governed solely by PWE Terms of Service and the Neverwinter Community Forum Rules of Conduct. "First Amendment" and "freedom of speech" claims have no bearing on a privately owned arena such as this forum--they apply solely to government/public entities (federal/state/local governments). All the First Amendment basically boils down to is that the government cannot imprison you or otherwise take punitive action for speaking out against the powers that be--and only elected officials at that.

All of the above being said, this thread is now closed.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.