test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New HR - build questions

hawaiicayehawaiicaye Member Posts: 7 Arc User
edited May 2014 in The Wilds
I'm leveling up a HR now and enjoying it a lot! With it being a newer class there seems to be less resources online though, or at least up-to-date ones. My focus is PVP and solo (dread ring/IWD). My main is a CW and even there I tend to stay in the mix and use blink instead of range to protect myself. My gripe with HRs is usually that they stay way back and plink rather than being on the node.

It seems to me that Combat is the best feat option for me. I've really been enjoying switching stances rapidly during a fight to chain encounters. I also hear that Pathfinders is the preferred option for PVP right now. Considering that pure DPS output is not my main consideration, will going Combat over Archery gimp my HR at level 60? I'd also love some opinions on Pathfinder v Stormwarden in the PVP arena.

I would also love to see some PVP feat specs if anyone has a link. Most of the ones I have seen have been PVE centric.

Thanks!
Post edited by hawaiicaye on

Comments

• overddriveoverddrive Member Posts: 722 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    hawaiicaye wrote: »
    I'm leveling up a HR now and enjoying it a lot! With it being a newer class there seems to be less resources online though, or at least up-to-date ones. My focus is PVP and solo (dread ring/IWD). My main is a CW and even there I tend to stay in the mix and use blink instead of range to protect myself. My gripe with HRs is usually that they stay way back and plink rather than being on the node.

It seems to me that Combat is the best feat option for me. I've really been enjoying switching stances rapidly during a fight to chain encounters. I also hear that Pathfinders is the preferred option for PVP right now. Considering that pure DPS output is not my main consideration, will going Combat over Archery gimp my HR at level 60? I'd also love some opinions on Pathfinder v Stormwarden in the PVP arena.

I would also love to see some PVP feat specs if anyone has a link. Most of the ones I have seen have been PVE centric.

Thanks!

I think there are few posted pf builds because the paragon is brand new and also because you really cant go wrong with either archer or combat. Sounds like you have the right idea already. I am also much preferring combat to distance plinking. I really think it helps to keep you from getting focused and imo is more fun. Combat will not gimp your hr. Pathfinder is much superior to stormwarden in pvp. It is a dot fest of epic proportions, which means a lot when fighting tr's and cheesing kills. Sorry I cant help you with a link, but I am sure plenty of people will reply with more specific information.
    PanzerJäger HR Hybrid
    Jugger Conq GF
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Depends, if you run with premade friends teams, who can give you some cover in pvp, then I'd go pure dps archer glass cannon. However, if like me you pug and take your chances... Then definitely go hybrid combat, and focus on defence, deflect, regen and power in that order. That will make you extremely hard to kill, but still, with pathfinder, let you slaughter the enemy like chickens.

Feat defensively, forget the capstones, you don't need them in hybrid, or go full archer if you choose dps.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • myth8892myth8892 Member Posts: 48
    edited May 2014
    Pf for pvp. You wont find any pf builds, people have hinted around, but noone has actually posted any type of full build such as powers,feats,boons
  • hawaiicayehawaiicaye Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Thanks guys.
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I run a full Archer feat tree but play hybrid typically at medium to close range. Our most damaging encounter now is Thorn Ward which benefits from all the Archer feats and a few of them apply to melee attacks also. I find it a good balance of attack and defence which suits my playstyle.

The Combat tree offers more survivability feats with added deflect and movement, and you can build just a good a toon using that tree. Full combat will make you ridiculously tanky and hard to kill but sacrifices killing power IMO.

Finally, you can go 'full hybrid' which basically means picking a variety of the early feats from both Archer and Combat and ignoring the capstones. This can work really well but takes a little experimenting to get the balance right in my experience.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder