test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So enchanted keys are near worthless?

dexy205dexy205 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
edited May 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
So now enchanted keys are plain gambling with little to no AD gain (unless you get lucky) or want to use a coal ward for yourself. I don't see any use for them at all. I have bought 2x30 and got 1 epic mount and an artifact. ( didn't break even ) and i only broke even because of Cwards. So keys are now a money sink or am i missing something? No more money on this game the economy is now ruined.
Post edited by dexy205 on

Comments

• Options
    prancerhoodprancerhood Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The lockbox system has always been a heavy gamble, not much has changed.
    Maybe they changed the drop rate, and if so I am not informed of it, but the fact remains that the lockboxes were always a luck-based item.

Which is why I am not an avid opener of them.
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    dexy205 wrote: »
    ...the economy is now ruined.

Only temporarily and only in your own mind (which is fair enough).

Lockboxes have always been a gamble. Gambling odds are always on the house.
    PRO TIP Buy lockbox keys: YES. But don't use them. Rather, sell them in AH for a profit.

It works.
    Every.
    Time.

Otherwise, don't buy lockbox keys. Doing so without intent to actually use them for yourself or reselling them directly is fiscally irresponsible.
  • Options
    ulvielulviel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 741 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    But before the wards thing you were actually making profit opening boxes and selling stuff. Even if zen got more expensive, the price of the i item you were selling got higher on ah. And now... I don't know, you still can indirectly sell wards by making enchantments out of them, but since enchantments were always a bit cheaper then components used to make them....
    I think you'll be still making profit, maybe a bit smaller, but always.
  • Options
    vvv459vvv459 Member Posts: 161 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    dexy205 wrote: »
    or want to use a coal ward for yourself.

Using them unbinds them, or at least their value.
  • Options
    kevinc55kevinc55 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    lol! Using a coalescent ward uses it up - gone now! So of course it loses it's value (and trees are made of wood, too!)
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Don't be an idiot.

Coal wards from the bazaar do not repesent even 40% of what the value of the keys were. Also, you can still get them to fuse your own enchantments for resale.

Calling it near worthless is ridiculous.
  • Options
    vvv459vvv459 Member Posts: 161 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    kevinc55 wrote: »
    lol! Using a coalescent ward uses it up - gone now! So of course it loses it's value (and trees are made of wood, too!)

Using them increases the price of whatever you used it on by it's value. And the enchant isn't bound... Some people are just stupid.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    If you honestly feel like your keys are worthless. You are welcome to send them my way. No point in having them take up your valuable space. When I can find a good home for them
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    C. Wards are not useless. As currency, they are now simply traded as a Lesser (Vorpal, Plaguefire, Soulforge, Barkshield, Bilethorn) Enchantment.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    C. Wards are not useless. As currency, they are now simply traded as a Lesser (Vorpal, Plaguefire, Soulforge, Barkshield, Bilethorn) Enchantment.

The question is will they have the cojones to make enchantments inc weapon and armor ones BoP/BoA ? After the coal BoA thing I wouldn't put it past them ,its all they have left to bind really xD
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    kevinc55kevinc55 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    ,its all they have left to bind really xD
    They could bind our feet.....