test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

CW takes 13% more damage then a GF but does 20X the damage?

ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
edited May 2014 in The Militia Barracks
Im in IWD killing Giants for helmets, 14.2gs 2000 arp, 7800 power, 2000crit, 2000 recovery etc etc... It takes me like a minute to kill these 2 giants while a CW is literally dropping 2 at a times in 15-20 seconds!

I run over and assist her as its more efficient and I inspect her, she had 33.2% Protection I know my CW has probably 32%.

The CW and I were almost exact GS she was 14.3, Im 14.225

So Im a Tank class and have very poor deflection and dps, and have 4000 def and only 46.2% protection, the CW takes 13% more damage per hit and can punch our 20 times my dps?

So a CW with massive dps gets hit for 10000 damage she gets hit for in theory 6680 damage, I get hit for 10000 I get hit for 5380 damage. So I hit mobs like im wielding pancakes for a measly 1300 less damage?

Pretty sad man!

Edit: Point being the mighty robe wearing Wizard should have half the Protection of a GF, OR the Plate Armor wearing fighter with a Shield should have twice the Protection of a robe wearing wizard! GF should have 60% protection flat without even trying!
Shieldbash 60 GF ~ Iron Vanguard 19.0k
Overpowered 60 CW ~ Thaumaturge 14.5k
==========================================

~ GF Buffs were great we are much better, please fix the bugs now... Thank you!
Post edited by ripyourlipsoff on

Comments

• silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Agreed. I am currently ONLY running my GF (already has all of the boons running Grand Regent gear on IV path) on GG. I am saving up the coins to get the PvP set. I occasionally run him in IWD but his performance has taken a hit and it takes FOREVER to kill things. The fun has been taken out of being a GF and I don't look for it to improve any time soon.
    I aim to misbehave
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    What...
    are you talking about lol.. If I sat anywhere with my CW it would be dead in a matter of seconds. I dont think your #s or your correlation of skills are quite right.

My CW is 14k atm, with either profound or HV set...

I do feel your pain about killing things, I also have a DC in IWD and takes me twice as long to kill things as my CW or GWF.. so ya, kinda of upsetting at times and boring to boot.

Not saying GF doesnt need work, but how is comparing a wizard to a meat shielder the same?

Overall defense ratings in this game do not work the same as others, not saying its good or bad, but clearly anyone can build up to 2-2.5k and get the best returns, sadly those who stack higher and higher get vast diminishing returns on it, too harsh really .
  • bucklittlebucklittle Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    GFs don't need more defense, they need more dps.
  • giggliatogiggliato Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Actually I'd like a bit more guard meter.
  • xjosh19xjosh19 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    That's what she said =D

On a real note, the GF really needs a push in the DPS (increasing the WD), rework of the TAB and increasing the cap on some AOE skills (Enforced Threat and FLS). All this is needed in order to put the GF in a competitive state,
  • thegrandexenothegrandexeno Member Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    It's a problem of scaling, primarily. Other classes should not get the same DEF if not for putting at least 1.5 times the amount of def score gear, and especially true for TR HR CW GWF, all chars that do not wear metal. Only "nerf" (but I'd call it rebalance) I propose here.

Next problem is the guard meter, shutting down way too easily while focused by a mob of aggros.

And then the poor DPS performance, as I read even in comparison with a DC...I suggested the block meter and DPS to be scaled (aka multiplied!) with the number of mobs aggroed. Now THAT would make the GF COMPETITIVE (not OP :) )
    • Halflingas The Great - Stormwarden HR(60)