test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

One Sidedness of PVP

beastmasterragebeastmasterrage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
edited May 2014 in PvE Discussion
I love the game in all it's facets, but the PVP aspect of it has brought me to my last straw! Previously it was stated that CW were too OP and so you guys decided to nerf them but now you have GWF, HR and TR who are even more OP than CW were in the past and it's near impossible for players who play CW, DC and even GF to enjoy a good PVP session. I suggest you guys look at the current content and making it more enjoyable and providing a level playing field for players before adding new content to the game.

I love the game but I won't be sticking around for a game i'm not having fun in anymore!:mad:
Post edited by beastmasterrage on

Comments

• shivonomineshivonomine Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    1st of all . Your words have no meaning . You should put a tittle " i am so handles to play an actual support class. Pls Boost me or nerf the others "

2nd of all . The power rework of the mod3 ain't a nerf . It's a Boost for cws .

3d of all . I have seen a 12 k GS cw obliterating a Gfw with 16 k gs .so it's you doing something wrong .

Less talk more pew pew .
  • ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    1st of all . Your words have no meaning . You should put a tittle " i am so handles to play an actual support class. Pls Boost me or nerf the others "

2nd of all . The power rework of the mod3 ain't a nerf . It's a Boost for cws .

3d of all . I have seen a 12 k GS cw obliterating a Gfw with 16 k gs .so it's you doing something wrong .

Less talk more pew pew .

Go away troll! He speaks the truth... Not EVERYONE roll the FOTM class and after spending $$$ and time leveling a class in hopes of being effective only to find out 3 classes dominate all of PVP is ridiculous! Hop on your might GWF and faceroll your way to happiness sooner or later GWF will be nerfed or the game will loose paying customers like myself!
    Shieldbash 60 GF ~ Iron Vanguard 19.0k
    Overpowered 60 CW ~ Thaumaturge 14.5k
    ==========================================

~ GF Buffs were great we are much better, please fix the bugs now... Thank you!
  • lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Open areas pvp has always been one-sided in any MMO. Either you're ranged or you're not. HR, CW, TR will dominate, that's a given.
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'm having fun in PvP with my CW. Granted I only PuG, but she's largely fun to play and has a positive K/D ratio. Nothing quite as satisfying as handing a GWF or TR his/her backside after they focus the 'squishy' wizard. :)

HRs are more problematic but there are plenty of bad ones around to beat up on.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    CWs Ice Knifes is doing whit M3 more Crit DMg than before.,
    all the attacks have been strengthened.

CW are now more Powerfull on PvE,
    u can kill so easy and fast every mob on pass for exemple,
    i was doing whit my old cw dailys, whit no enchantment only gear (12k),i killed all mobs easy,fast.like Yetis-
    shard of endless avalanche full OP for PvE

and whit my gwf whit p.vorpal took so long to kill one Yeti lol,

just feel happy whit ur cw its fine,
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • cryptfoundationcryptfoundation Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I love the game in all it's facets, but the PVP aspect of it has brought me to my last straw! Previously it was stated that CW were too OP and so you guys decided to nerf them but now you have GWF, HR and TR who are even more OP than CW were in the past and it's near impossible for players who play CW, DC and even GF to enjoy a good PVP session. I suggest you guys look at the current content and making it more enjoyable and providing a level playing field for players before adding new content to the game.

I love the game but I won't be sticking around for a game i'm not having fun in anymore!:mad:

*Perma Stealth TR
  • masizin777masizin777 Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    They should start passing out canes for DCs, because they start out gimp and after pvp they are even more gimp.
  • vristvrist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 50
    edited May 2014
    I bet you chose the CW when it was the current rumored OP class too ;)

Thing people need to grasp about MMOs with build-able character varieties, there will always be that one class on top. And with the amount of nerds that live to build the best potential of each character will find the strengths, weaknesses etc, of each class. Then you have spoilers all over the net by said nerds, and within a few weeks you have cookie cutter classes all over the server.

Not to mention this like most f2p mmos, that has a p2w potential to it, needless to say, its gooooood business to change the OP class trophy around. And so far each PWE managed game ive played has used that business tactic.
  • tydingco671tydingco671 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    we aint talking pve here gwf is to op for any class in pvp even a rogue TRdies to easily by one. and its a cws job in pve to do the most damage since we runs control adds and aoe skill. which gwf use single skills with hard damage encounters. thats what makes a gwf so op in pvp he can unstoppable and kill the team 5 vs him alone not even a cw can control him at that point
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Sorry but I disagree and I have a CW , right now its better then pre mod 3 in pvp. Its not meant to always win 1 vs 1, but you can get your kills. Frankly poeople complaining about the GWF is way off base here, its quite funny. HR pathfinder is top dog right now.

Sadly people forget that YOUR going to die in pvp and people get really upset when they do for some reason.

The class who has the most right to complain right now is the DC, no way to avoid most cc focus at all and all totally nerfed to the ground , its even worse post mod 3.
  • hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    silverkelt wrote: »
    Sorry but I disagree and I have a CW , right now its better then pre mod 3 in pvp. Its not meant to always win 1 vs 1, but you can get your kills. Frankly poeople complaining about the GWF is way off base here, its quite funny. HR pathfinder is top dog right now.

Sadly people forget that YOUR going to die in pvp and people get really upset when they do for some reason.

The class who has the most right to complain right now is the DC, no way to avoid most cc focus at all and all totally nerfed to the ground , its even worse post mod 3.

I've come across DC's that have been the deciding factor in games. They were uber-geared, but basically unkillable with 2-3 people. Also some 2 DC parties that really made things difficult.

I think GFs need more of a buff than DCs. I don't think I've ever played a match where the GF made a decisive impact.

GWF right now can kill you no matter what you do with roar being broken.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • alexandrearrudaalexandrearruda Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I've come across DC's that have been the deciding factor in games. They were uber-geared, but basically unkillable with 2-3 people. Also some 2 DC parties that really made things difficult.

I think GFs need more of a buff than DCs. I don't think I've ever played a match where the GF made a decisive impact.

Perfect point of view. For me a team having some good DC and a some good GWF, speaking the right node to focus and kepping the attention in nodes and not in pvp, its the easier way to make some glory and up you gear. Today i had some expirience with my DC. Good team was 7 kills / 0 deahs and 32 assistences.. Bad team was 2 kills / 12 deaths and 5 assistences.
  • gausnengausnen Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Idon't think I've ever played a match where the GF made a decisive impact.

Depends on the GF and the match. I've seen GF sit on the red base point and tie up 2/3 players while the rest of the team caps the other two points.

Likewise I've seen some DCs tank most of a team and essentially do the same thing, usually on the middle point.

Gear obviously helps, but you need skill to go with it. Also really helps to have a team that works together.

What I don't get is the nerf to shocking execution when the ice knife seems essentially the same (though I don't have a CW so not entirely sure what the differences are).

As an aside, wtf is with people running enchants like plaguefire and bilethorn on their characters in the 20's? OP much?
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014

The first DC decides the game in favor of the team that has it. DC are the best support class in PVP and not to mention they are tanky.
  • godlysoul2godlysoul2 Member Posts: 661 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    My current solution to this problem is that I have worked up a bit of AD to get 4 more character slots and a zen mount. I'm going to start to make characters of all classes/builds that are good/would be enjoyable in PvP rather than focusing on anything specific for the time being. Now that I have HR settled down and in a decent spot with artifacts/boons/gear, I'm moving to TR. I'm not doing anything crazy or out of the ordinary with these that could be subject to nerfs, but just going with solid max CON rolls and typical gears. After this I plan to make a CW in a similar manner. These (or possibly DC, but it is too team dependent unlike the rest) are really the only classes I'd see myself enjoying to play because they have more strategic/"skill" elements to them. I've played GWF (extensively) and GF (very slightly) previously, but playing them gets very old fast and just feels like a face tank/button mash experience that you really don't have much control over other than gears.

Right now my plan is to hopefully get at least profound gear on all 3, 3 epic artifacts, (probably get rank 7s on all of them, or just trade for + transfer whatever rank 9s from my current "main" character when I want to switch) and at least 3 boons from shard/dread on each. After this another character slot could be for a potential new class or to start working on build variations. (More so for TR)

With how drastic and often changes can be in this game that affect PvP balance (and yet still have so long for imbalances to be adjusted), I feel this is the only way to go anymore. Throwing everything into one character just isn't going to cut it. It may be harder in game financially/time wise to do this type of thing, but in the end you need to have options in this game.
  • fdsakhfduewhfiuffdsakhfduewhfiuf Member Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    vrist wrote: »
    Not to mention this like most f2p mmos, that has a p2w potential to it, needless to say, its gooooood business to change the OP class trophy around. And so far each PWE managed game ive played has used that business tactic.

Smart... very smart. Gives me hope that GF and DC will be the next overpowered classes smashing everyone else ;-)