test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Simple, ellegant re-work for GF class ballance.

query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
edited May 2014 in The Militia Barracks
Average damage Fallen Dragon longsword: 610
Average damage Greatsword of the valliant duelist:874.5
Average damage Fallen Dragon Longbow: 762
Average damage Ancient court Magister's Orb: 790
Average Dammage Ancient Royal Priest's Symbol:745
Why is this guy listing numbers and what does it have to do with a GF re-work? Several things actually. Why do GF powers work better when GWFs use them? The answer is in the numbers above. Every ability you have is based off of your base weapon damage. Before the power re-work power was additive and trancended WD. Now it is multiplicative and based on WD. I did not post TR as their weapons seem to work on a different mechanic and I do not have one so I do not understand it. The two most common complaints about the Gf are lack of dammage and innability to control enough mobs. Noting that GFs control mobs through generating aggro and that damage generates aggro we can kill two birds with one stone. the median dammage of these other 4 classes weapons is 793. A GF weapon with an average damage of 793 would be a 30% boost to damage with a corresponding 30% increase in aggro generation. Signifigantly more for Conq builds because of the multiplicative nature of Power. So maybe an average damage of only 720 which is still a 20% boost and lower than every other weapon illustrated here. that's it. Seriously. Suddenly the Gf would have enough control and damage to be integrated into the current meta. The only problem I can see is that they would be kind of OP in PVP. But since 90% of the game is PVE and there are already some outstanding imballances in PVP I think it is a good fix. And easy. You just have to add one item and problem solved.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yes! As both a GWF ( main ) and a GF player I'll be happy to kick my Destroyer's bottom in PVP and at last get involved in PVE teams as well :D

Lets go Devs
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • snappa0126snappa0126 Member Posts: 90
    edited May 2014
    This has been suggested at least a dozen times in the last 2 months.
    HAMSTER, level 60 GF, "Bloodthirsty" since Mod 2
    Anarchist, level 60 CW
    Arsenic,
    level 60 TR
    Pluck Yew, level 60 HR
    Therapissed,
    level 60 DC
  • lutz086lutz086 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    snappa0126 wrote: »
    This has been suggested at least a dozen times in the last 2 months.

probably even more but i must say im feeling this change in module 4 no need to re-do all of our powers change WD 2-3 skills increase block to a decent amount and the GF is back in the game BOOM!!
  • snappa0126snappa0126 Member Posts: 90
    edited May 2014
    lutz086 wrote: »
    probably even more but i must say im feeling this change in module 4 no need to re-do all of our powers change WD 2-3 skills increase block to a decent amount and the GF is back in the game BOOM!!

I will take any improvement we can get in regards to our dps.
    HAMSTER, level 60 GF, "Bloodthirsty" since Mod 2
    Anarchist, level 60 CW
    Arsenic,
    level 60 TR
    Pluck Yew, level 60 HR
    Therapissed,
    level 60 DC